One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will be replaced with weapons similar to the console exclusive items I've had Terraria for over 3 years on Xbox 360 and now on Xbox one, and I really never got attached to theses items in the first place because they weren't from PC. They where never meant for the game in the first place and where more of an afterthought among the dezs.

here's the thing, some players and aparently the devs don't like this items but these items are included in the game itself, they came with the game and were shown even in the original trailers of the game, so I think the best way to go about this is to fix them up instead of removing them. they were promised and were a selling point for a lot of players who already owned the game on PC or for players to not abandon the game. I hope that my viewpoint makes sense here and that these items can be re worked back in

here's the thing, some players and aparently the devs don't like this items but these items are included in the game itself, they came with the game and were shown even in the original trailers of the game, so I think the best way to go about this is to fix them up instead of removing them. they were promised and were a selling point for a lot of players who already owned the game on PC or for players to not abandon the game. I hope that my viewpoint makes sense here and that these items can be re worked back in
Well it's not that they're being removed, but that they aren't being added back in. The new rebuild that Pipeworks is making is based on the PC code. Those items and monsters aren't there in any way. Keeping the console exclusives means recoding them back into the game and fixing any conflicts that come up between the old console exclusives and the new 1.3 content. It's actually a lot less work to lose them than it is to keep them.

ReLogic already said they're open to looking at all the console exclusives down the line to be added into all versions of Terraria, including PC.

Last edited:
I refuse to play Terraria if you remove Ocram.
Also, Moon Lord is version exclusive, Remove him too if your gonna remove Ocram.

Also, Moon Lord is version exclusive, Remove him too if your gonna remove Ocram.
How is moonlord "version exclusive" if his is being added to console? There is no more "exclusive content", only updates that haven't been released yet. Also, would you rather have Ocram or: 2 more bosses, 2 new events, a couple hundred new items, a new event boss, expert mode, 2 new biomes and have sunflowers and banners give buffs to name a few things. Also this update opens all terraria versions to new updates such as 1.3.4 in which old one's army resides. If you'd give all that up for a boss, a few enemies, and severely under-powered endgame gear that's your choice.

Ironically enough, while they are removing Ocram, they are adding Moon Lord to consoles. So he won't be exclusive any longer.

The stuff being removed will be looked at later for possible addition to every version of Terraria, including PC. The idea is eventually there will be no exclusives, and every version of the game will have everything.

how soon after this update will we get old ones army & tavernkeep? just wondering since we waited so crazy long for this update hopefully the next one won't be as long.

It won't. We can expect all updates past 1.3 after 1.3 mobile is out, which means we should get by the end of next year.

a whole year for a smaller update is a longggg time, hopefully they'll be able get it out earlier since this one took so long.
I said a whole year, but they won't start working on it till mobile 1.3 is out, which will take about a year. After that the updates will come really quickly, the longest time being spent in cert.

I'm a late Terraria adopter, but I'm sincerely obsessed with the game at this point.

I have both the PC and Console versions, but I'm a Playstation Trophy... Completionist and I've already made so much progress and put countless hours into the creation of my Base/World that it would take me forever to redo everything on the PC.

I'm so eager to have all the newer content arrive on the console version, but haven't really seen any updates on the official news feed on the website since almost the beggining of the year.

Is there and estimated release date we can look forward to?

Btw... I'm in absolute agreement with the developers in taking Ocram out... Ugliest, discordant boss in the game. Now, the Moon Lord. That's a magestic beast right there.

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the 1.3:

Will the "1.3" on console bring the 1.3.1 , 1.3.2 , 1.3.3 , 1.3.4 and the 1.3.5 with it or it's just the 1.3.0 and they will release other patch in future ?

Will the "1.3" on console bring the 1.3.1 , 1.3.2 , 1.3.3 , 1.3.4 and the 1.3.5 with it or it's just the 1.3.0 and they will release other patch in future ?

Eventually the future updates will come to Console as well. Such as 1.3.1 and 1.3.5 that you mention.

On the initial release of Console, it is just going to be the equivalent of 1.3.0.7 on PC. They want to get that up and running and then to set up the Nintendo Switch and Mobile versions of Terraria from there.

After the initial release it should be the case that updates are released at a more frequent pace until they catch up with the PC version. It will still take time for the Console versions of Terraria to reach 1.3.5.3, but it shouldn't take over a year for them to happen like it is for the initial release. The goal with the Codebase reset and why it is taking a long time now is because future updates will be easier from setting it to be similar to PC.

"Console exclusive pets will be removed."

Bat_Pet.png
Not Little Otis! :(

Cross platform?! What next? "Micro"transactions? Getting sold out by Microsoft? Turning most of the fanbase into whiny 8-year olds who only want to play minigames?

I don't mind the wait anymore. The longer the delay the more I can appreciate Ocram till Hell breaks out.
I hope the weapons get re-added in the game later (like ancient cobalt armour was, later down the line), as well as the various pets.

Will be right back... need to set up a shrine for Ocram. We will wait for his inevitable return.

EDIT: Almost complete... just need the console exclusive banners (have 1 already). The obsidian "tree" represents the new "leaf" for Terraria. The ores, mythril, cobalt and adamantite represents the grind to obtain the console exclusive. Finally, the dead branch represents the fallen and those who will be removed in the next update, thus marking an end to what was once.
Terraria_20171022013043.jpg

Last edited:
I don't mind the wait anymore. The longer the delay the more I can appreciate Ocram till Hell breaks out.
I hope the weapons get re-added in the game later (like ancient cobalt armour was, later down the line), as well as the various pets.

Will be right back... need to set up a shrine for Ocram. We will wait for his inevitable return.

EDIT: Almost complete... just need the console exclusive banners (have 1 already). The obsidian "tree" represents the new "leaf" for Terraria. The ores, mythril, cobalt and adamantite represents the grind to obtain the console exclusive. Finally, the dead branch represents the fallen and those who will be removed in the next update, thus marking an end to what was once.View attachment 186433

Awesome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom