One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious as to when Re-Logic is going to finally step in and work on console/mobile?
Seems to me they aready have. On the latest stream PW said that Re-Logic had reviewed it and found some bugs. So it seems to me that Re-Logic is at least involved in QA, and is possibly holding things up until it reaches an acceptable level of performance and amount of bugs.

I think it is performance that is PW main problem currently. Using cross-platform frameworks like Unity is great as it lowers the amount of work needed to port to different platforms, but it comes with a price in the form of a performance penalty. Fixing that isn't easy and weird bugs pop up as you rewire things to be faster and more streamlined.

"Stepping in" to their code/work is not a pragmatic solution at all. Listing the obvious reasons would not be worth the time. :) Rest assured that on the QA/quality front, we have been involved along the way... and when appropriate, we have absolutely had our guys in touch with theirs on the code front.

I have seen a lot of questions about "world size" of late, so gonna leave this in both threads as my current understanding (from the last time these same questions were asked back in May ;) ). If I am mistaken, I'm sure someone from PW can correct me:

There has been some talk that older console worlds were smaller than their PC counterparts (I tried to find some mention of this on the wiki, but cannot - let's just assume that is the case, likely for old gen-created worlds) and subsequent concern about what that meant for the new console build. For newly generated worlds in the new codebase, world size (small/medium/large) will match their PC counterparts. For existing worlds that may - if this is indeed the case - be smaller than their PC counterparts, they will load just fine in the new code, but will remain at their current size - whatever that may be.

I'm talking about when he first became a thing, when his armor sets were the best armor sets, the crimson key didn't exist yet, but cool.
[doublepost=1508873677,1508873652][/doublepost]
also that's poorly recommended.

I dont remember the first time i beat him but all i know is the beetle armor is the best in mobile or am i missing something because in my game it wont let me craft the armor when i have the stuff

"Stepping in" to their code/work is not a pragmatic solution at all. Listing the obvious reasons would not be worth the time. :) Rest assured that on the QA/quality front, we have been involved along the way... and when appropriate, we have absolutely had our guys in touch with theirs on the code front.

I have seen a lot of questions about "world size" of late, so gonna leave this in both threads as my current understanding (from the last time these same questions were asked back in May ;) ). If I am mistaken, I'm sure someone from PW can correct me:

There has been some talk that older console worlds were smaller than their PC counterparts (I tried to find some mention of this on the wiki, but cannot - let's just assume that is the case, likely for old gen-created worlds) and subsequent concern about what that meant for the new console build. For newly generated worlds in the new codebase, world size (small/medium/large) will match their PC counterparts. For existing worlds that may - if this is indeed the case - be smaller than their PC counterparts, they will load just fine in the new code, but will remain at their current size - whatever that may be.
Now I worry if you had such involvement when engine killed console.

As for the console world size. PC has about double the size for large worlds.

Large worlds on console are
4,969 spaces horizontal
1,369 spaces vertical
The 69 thing must be an engine thing.

Meanwhile pc large is 8,400 horizontal. Quite a big difference actually.

Now I worry if you had such involvement when engine killed console.

As for the console world size. PC has about double the size for large worlds.

Large worlds on console are
4,969 spaces horizontal
1,369 spaces vertical
The 69 thing must be an engine thing.

Meanwhile pc large is 8,400 horizontal. Quite a big difference actually.

What on Earth are you getting at with this first line? I get it, you don't like the timing of the update and it not coming when planned. Something else bothering you?

As for the other....will just cross-link to the other thread to save duplication.

https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...d-to-certification.62342/page-38#post-1484014

What on Earth are you getting at with this first line? I get it, you don't like the timing of the update and it not coming when planned. Something else bothering you?

As for the other....will just cross-link to the other thread to save duplication.

https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...d-to-certification.62342/page-38#post-1484014
Oh. That first line was referring to when engine killed console terraria with the 1.2 update. I'm curious if Re-Logic had as much involvement back then too. If not then I'm finally hopeful for 1.3.... sometime in spring 2018 ;)

As for the other bit. Thanks for the update.

Last edited:
Oh. That first line was referring to when engine killed console terraria with the 1.2 update. I'm curious if Re-Logic had as much involvement back then too.

Though I was not a part of the team at that time, so I do not know directly, I am pretty confident that our level of involvement at this time is a more good bit higher than it was then.

PLEASE add a ´Worm Mount´with which you can crawl under the surface! PLEASE!!!

Remember the Slime Saddle and the Bee Goggles?

How about a 1%-2% drop from Eater of Worlds that summons a mini-EoW, it's available height is based on momentum, like all "worm" enemies, and if it touches liquid, the mount dissipates, and you can drown/burn. Also, you take standard suffocation damage every second that you are in the ground. Can summon little worms (or mini segments of the EoW) to attack enemies in a 3-5 block radius of the player.

(Same drop chance) from Brain of Cthulhu, it summons a mini-BoC, and can fly, after 30s of flying, the mini-BoC will flash and then reappear (like he does after a few seconds of attacking in Stage 2 of his Boss Fight, I.E when the creepers are dead.) on the closest possible block straight down from it's previous position. Can summon 2-3 mini-creepers to attack, within a 3-5 block radius of the player.

This is actually a good idea, won't be in 1.3.0.7 though.

You've just announced bringing the console editions up to par with the PC version. Yet there is one thing that is not being addressed - local multiplayer. With the advent of the steam link and local multiplayer only PC games (Overcooked, Towerfall, Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime, Nighogg) I felt the need to create this account to say one thing. I am disappointed. I first bought this game some five years ago for the 360, yet that has more functionality that the supposed definitive PC version?

I am sad to see the diversity going - I would have liked seeing some of those console exclusives come to PC. I get that there were serious balance issues with the console endgame gear (and that they just generally didn't have a place with everything that came after), and a lot of the mobs were just reskins (though I always enjoy more diversity in mobs), but still. I'm not that bothered about Ocram, but losing vanity sets and pets makes me sad. I would have liked some of those mobile pets - a few were weird, but others like the bat, the slime, and the werewolf seemed perfectly keepable. I suppose I have strange priorities.

In any case, I look forward to what console-exclusives eventually make their way to PC.

So is there a way to still get dragon scale armor then if OCRAM GONE???
Dude shadowofdarkness already said yes...
[doublepost=1509624670,1509624445][/doublepost]The only sad part about orcam is in the mobile version he doesn't drop ocrams mask it's only on the Xbox version and I know b/c I went on a Ocram killing spree and I killed like 40 ocrams to get it and it don't drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom