One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
A better idea is that Terraria will never be ONE.\

CUZ WE GOT MODS HAHAHA SAYONARA ONE TERRARIA!!!!
Ahem. I mean, why in the hell would anyone forget about the beloved exclusive content?
[doublepost=1567107548,1567107414][/doublepost]
DAMN YOU ONE TERRARIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...
*Mentions mods*
*Mentions how people will never forget mobile exclusive content*
*Doesn't mention Consolaria*
Anyway, the "one terraria" vision means we're inching closer to the possibility of cross-platform multiplayer. I, for what it's worth, feel that's worth losing the exclusives, and even if we never do reach that, then what they're doing now is a valiant attempt (This is an understatement.)
Also I still don't understand how people would rather have Lepus, Turkor, and Ocram, bosses which are not creative in any way (two of them reuse AI from elsewhere in the game and the one who doesn't just... sits there) rather than the utterly massive amounts of content that is 1.3.X. (Being upset over losing the pets, however, I can understand. Not sure why we can't all have guinea pigs...)

Last edited:
I got my Ocram mask/trophy plus all the console exclusive enemy banners on PS4. I'm happy. :)
Also recently got the Nymph banner on PS4. Go me. XD

I guess most of this is needed, but please add a way to get the orcram mask. It’d be a cool relic for people to get. Lump it onto the traveling merchant if Orcram himself needs to go.

Some of the legacy cosmetics are already sold by the traveling merchant. Wouldn't be a bad way to implement it. That said there's no guarantee that Ocram is never coming back. The devs haven't ruled that out yet.

Pretty sure they said it pretty definitively that the things they removed from the console versions were gone for good, and IIRC, they also have rules against posting mods that adds that content (and anything else removed from the game for that matter..) on TCF. Or at least that was a rule. Dunno if it still is.

Pretty sure they said it pretty definitively that the things they removed from the console versions were gone for good, and IIRC, they also have rules against posting mods that adds that content (and anything else removed from the game for that matter..) on TCF. Or at least that was a rule. Dunno if it still is.
They changed that rule about a year ago iirc.

i never played console or mobile version but still, altough they were reskins, what's bad? that gives more variety to the game, and if you think Ocram doesn't fit just ignore him, very easy i think, this update gives me the same, just wanted to share my opinion

i never played console or mobile version but still, altough they were reskins, what's bad? that gives more variety to the game, and if you think Ocram doesn't fit just ignore him, very easy i think, this update gives me the same, just wanted to share my opinion
The issue with the "if you don't like it don't acknowledge it" argument is the fact that multiplayer exists.

If ocram returns i would like his fight to be more interesting he was alot easier to defeat than the hardmode mech bosses are.

Interesting news. I actually expected to hear just the opposite; the possibility of Console's content being added to PC for parity. I'm fine with this change, because I agreed with these reasons since the beginning, however I won't be surprised if I see people unhappy.

Totally agree.
Too many pets have been cancelled in this update, and most of the rest are ugly. Items from Consle version should be added to PC version instead of simply deleted
Teraria on IOS has become boring.

Totally agree.
Too many pets have been cancelled in this update, and most of the rest are ugly. Items from Consle version should be added to PC version instead of simply deleted
Teraria on IOS has become boring.
All of the console exclusive bosses reused ai (Lepus? Slime AI. Turkor? NO AI, but the heads use harpy AI, also I challenge you to say literally ANY of the things you crafted from souls of blight were unique.) and projectiles from elsewhere in the game, and you say that they were more interesting than bosses with completely new attacks, ais, and drops? I doubt you genuinely thought that ocram's AI was interesting (it's literally just the eye of cthulhu's ai with projectiles) What you're saying is that new content without ANY reskins is boring?

All of the console exclusive bosses reused ai (Lepus? Slime AI. Turkor? NO AI, but the heads use harpy AI, also I challenge you to say literally ANY of the things you crafted from souls of blight were unique.) and projectiles from elsewhere in the game, and you say that they were more interesting than bosses with completely new attacks, ais, and drops? I doubt you genuinely thought that ocram's AI was interesting (it's literally just the eye of cthulhu's ai with projectiles) What you're saying is that new content without ANY reskins is boring?

Seems like a lot of people are just simply making things up in their own imagination because of rose-colored glasses. I bet if they got rid of Tin shortswords people would complain even though the copper shortsword is the same stinking thing.

People complain because no one likes nerfs basically. You reduce the damage of a sword, people get upset. You give the enemies more HP instead, and nobody really cares. People's feelings about a sense of loss are often disproportionate to what was actually lost.

Eh, suppose that's true too. Nevermind why there was loss, just that there was loss.

I've seen this in other games too.

I never played the mobile version, but the general consensus from most who did was that the items that were removed were mostly balanced poorly, and the bosses weren't really that interesting. I don't really think it's a bad thing to cut content like that.

People complain because no one likes nerfs basically. You reduce the damage of a sword, people get upset. You give the enemies more HP instead, and nobody really cares. People's feelings about a sense of loss are often disproportionate to what was actually lost.
Yeah, I generally get mad at too many nerfs or too many buffs, but not when things like this which were much lower quality then everything else and didn't contribute anything unique are removed.

I have no opinion on the removal of ocram. I am just saddened by too many sentences on the wiki "Removed from mobile 1.3". And I haven't found any problems with the slime dish/blood bottle/cupid heart/companion block/Irish dwarf (and more!) I couldn’t bearit when I found that Holy Hand Grenade was also deleted, I just felt completely boring. The content mobile version 1.3 updated are even less than content which deleted!

I can say with the utmost confidence that patch 1.3 added a LOT more content than the exclusives that were lost.
It did but how does that justify removing bosses, a ton of weapons and armors and enemies. I don't care about a lot of the exclusives but I do care about some of them. They are on my thread Suggestions for 1.4 with reasons why and upgrades that should happen to them. Check it out, if you agree with one of them answer the poll at the top and if you feel comfortable type a response.

I'm quite sad Ocram is leaving.
I didn't like this update. R.I.P all the awesome exclusives.
Noooooooooo ocram, my boi!
rip ocram
my favorite mobile boss
Actually pretty sad to see some awesome content to be dumped into the trash. That was the reason I played Terraria in the first place.`😢
Yet I hope the same doesn't go for Turkor and Lepus, as well as the other mobile content! These were the best content!`:D
You all loved the exclusives a lot so maybe you should answer to my thread and poll. On my thread I am not asking for something new I am asking for something that they removed and in my opinion should not have.

It did but how does that justify removing bosses, a ton of weapons and armors and enemies. I don't care about a lot of the exclusives but I do care about some of them. They are on my thread Suggestions for 1.4 with reasons why and upgrades that should happen to them. Check it out, if you agree with one of them answer the poll at the top and if you feel comfortable type a response.
Honestly? The content wasn't as high quality as the stuff red made, and you really could tell. Compare bosses like lepus, which literally have one attack that is ripped straight from the weakest enemy in the game (and also drops a Soul of Might for some reason) to the queen bee. Also Turkor's neck liked to stretch and made it look really unprofessional compared to the more graceful movements of skeletron. Also, the weapons and armors literally did NOTHING unique. Vulcan bolts are just hellfire arrows with modified numbers, and the ocram armors had literally nothing unique about them. Also the slime pet had no idle animation like actual slimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom