Biomes & Nature Only player placed gravestones should count for the Graveyard biome

It takes less than a second to destroy a grave and a few seconds to destroy multiple. This doesn't need to change.

Title. Some people on here seem to have extreme problems with natural(death-placed) gravestones creating inadvertent graveyard biomes, and I think this would be a nifty solution.

A possible solution may be decrease graveyard enemy spawn rate before defeating any boss. Once you defeat a boss your gear should be able to manage this.

Actually, I think that's the intention.

Then it's a really, really dumb intention. It ruins a lot of builds made before 1.4 that wouldn't have had to worry about the Graveyard's negative features at the time of creation, and it makes no sense that a place where the player is dying a lot would become even more dangerous and even more likely to subsequently die in.

Then it's a really, really dumb intention. It ruins a lot of builds made before 1.4 that wouldn't have had to worry about the Graveyard's negative features at the time of creation, and it makes no sense that a place where the player is dying a lot would become even more dangerous and even more likely to subsequently die in.
Good thing that isn't like in one of my mods then, because Zombies used to drop them and cause something worser than Terraria's graveyard.

Last edited:
Actually.
Let's think about this.
If you make player placed gravestones create the Graveyard Biome, it would mean that noone could build a peaceful graveyard by hand anymore.

Imagine, builders couldn't use gravestones to decorate places, it would turn their builds into graveyards.

The current state of the graveyard is perfect. If you can't deal with gravestones, git gud and you won't have to.
Relogic rarely implements anything well on the first try, but they didn't fail right now. They even implemented NPC gravestones for hardcore characters!

Title. Some people on here seem to have extreme problems with natural(death-placed) gravestones creating inadvertent graveyard biomes, and I think this would be a nifty solution.
That means some people have to play better. If you turn player placed gravestones into graveyards it's no longer possible to use them as decoration without turning the place into a graveyard. Your idea is not a solution, but an even worse problem.

I'm trying to help here.
Other than playing better, you can stop it by simply putting down Sunflowers. Very simple way to solve that.

Last edited:
Actually.
Let's think about this.
If you make player placed gravestones create the Graveyard Biome, it would mean that noone could build a peaceful graveyard by hand anymore.

Imagine, builders couldn't use gravestones to decorate places, it would turn their builds into graveyards.

You already can't do that because it makes all tombstones placed before 1.4, whether by hand or automatically by the game, count as graveyards.

I'd want to have it so you'd have to manually convert a decorative Tombstone into one that's functional with Graveyards.

I'd want to have it so you'd have to manually convert a decorative Tombstone into one that's functional with Graveyards.
Now that, is actually a working solution there.

Tho I still love the feeling that the Graveyard I have built demanded an actual sacrifice to make. Dying there like a lemming or - if I play hardcore - slaughtering friendly NPC characters as a sacrifice.
That's pretty hard to beat in my book, it has that special tickling feeling!
Especially when a friend of mine alone manages to make an unintended graveyard! Now that has a feeling to it, rubbing it under his nose that he has a literal graveyard for himself!

See? Just think about it, the current system is pretty fun if you look at the large picture.

Now that, is actually a working solution there.

Tho I still love the feeling that the Graveyard I have built demanded an actual sacrifice to make. Dying there like a lemming or - if I play hardcore - slaughtering friendly NPC characters as a sacrifice.
That's pretty hard to beat in my book, it has that special tickling feeling!
Especially when a friend of mine alone manages to make an unintended graveyard! Now that has a feeling to it, rubbing it under his nose that he has a literal graveyard for himself!

See? Just think about it, the current system is pretty fun if you look at the large picture.

How about the opposite flow, natural tomestone cause Graveyard, but can be craft into a decorative version.

Back
Top Bottom