Weapons & Equip Onyx Blaster MK. 2

Would you like to see this new weapon in an upcoming Terraria Update?

• Total voters
Perhaps this weapon should have a different name, perhaps the "Mega Onyx Blaster" or "Onyx Megablaster". Yeah I'm terrible at coming up with names.

I mean, it doesn’t have to be called “Onyx Blaster MK II”. Steelyx Blaster lol It can be a spiritual upgrade to the Onyx Blaster without using the base weapon in the crafting recipe, just like how the Magic Missile, Flamelash, and Rainbow Rod are unrelated by crafting.

If it’s going to be an upgrade to the Onyx Blaster, spiritual or not, then you should also consider the Onyx Blaster’s best traits, which are:

-insane damage per shot.
-relatively low spread for a shotgun.
-innate crowd control.

I’d prefer a weapon that capitalizes on those strengths, rather than just a snowman cannon taped to a laser machinegun. For example, I was thinking it could be a bullet version of the Tsunami, but one that also creates afterimages (similar to luminite arrows) that explode.

I have an awful idea.

Make it fire a spread of three small Onyx Blasts, each of which can bounce off an enemy/wall once (still making an explosion on the bounce).

The Calamity mod actually has 2 upgrades of the Onyx Blaster, the Onyx Chainblaster and the Onyxia, perhaps this weapon could be similar but different to them.

The Calamity mod actually has 2 upgrades of the Onyx Blaster, the Onyx Chainblaster and the Onyxia, perhaps this weapon could be similar but different to them.
While I absolutely love using the Chainblaster (I haven't gotten to the Onyxia yet), it really isn't much of an Onyx Blaster, rather, it's more of a machine gun that just happens to shoot Onyx Blasts.

Well, sorry. to be honest, it would make for a really powerful weapon. maybe my idea would be a more powerful version of this Onyx Blaster MK 2.

I'd love to see a gun that fires 100 bullets at a time :D
I'm totally fine with the idea of a good gun like Onyx Blaster to have some sort of upgrade.
(yes I changed my mind from my earlier stance)

Reactions: Bry
Back
Top Bottom