tModLoader AliceSteel's Mods

AliceSteel

Terrarian
WIP/Beta Mods:
Beta branch for a major overhaul of Hearty Bags.

Current Vanilla Drop Rates (Each chance is separate):
10% chance LC if King Slime is dead
25% chance LC if Eye of Cthulhu is dead
50% chance LC if Brain/Eater is dead
50% chance LC if Queen Bee is dead
75% chance LC if Skeletron is dead
1 guaranteed LC if Wall of Flesh is dead
10% chance LF if Any Mechanical Boss is dead
25% chance LF if Plantera is dead
50% chance LF if Golem is dead
75% chance LF if Fishron is dead
1 guaranteed LF if Lunatic Cultist is dead

LC=Life Crystal
LF=Life Fruit

Version History:
  • 0.5: Added progression from King Slime, Queen Bee, Mechanical Bosses, Fishron, and Moonlord. Added early preparation code for mod support.

Completed Mods:
Originally released: Sep 9, 2017
A Mod which makes all bosses drop a Hearty Bag which contains a random number of Life Crystals and Life Fruits based on the world's progression.

The chances (Each chance is separate):
25% chance at a Life Crystal if Eye of Cthulhu is dead
50% chance at a Life Crystal if the World Evil boss (Brain/Eater) is dead
75% chance at a Life Crystal if Skeletron is dead
1 guaranteed Life Crystal if Wall of Flesh is dead
25% chance at a Life Fruit if Plantera is dead
50% chance at a Life Fruit if Golem is dead
1 guaranteed Life Fruit if Lunatic Cultist is dead

Version History:
  • 1.0.5: Changed sprite to one provided by Catrabus. Final 1.0 series version.
  • 1.0.1: Changed homepage to refer to this thread.
  • 1.0.0: Rebuilt in tModLoader 0.10.1.3
  • 0.99.1: Feature complete, open beta

Originally released: Jul 7, 2017
A fork of the currently released Reduced Respawn Time mod which will be fully customizable.

Features:
  • Use a preset to use the settings that I use.
  • Set a difficulty and boss status independent respawn time in seconds.
  • Set a multiplier based modifier to the vanilla respawn times.
Usage Notes/Limitations:
  • Only one mode can be utilized at a time. If multiple modes are set to true the first one of them on the following list will be used: UseOnyxSteelPref, UsePresetTime, UseMultiplier
  • Respawn times are internally measured in "ticks" which occur 60 times per second therefore the preset time and multiplier methods may have some amount of rounding error compared to how they're actually set. This is not something that I can change as it is beyond my range of expertise at the very least, though I doubt any modder could change it.

Options:
UseOnyxSteelPref: A true/false option to enable my personal settings, 10 second respawn time regardless of difficulty and boss status. Default=true
UsePresetTime: A true/false option to enable the use of a customized respawn time in seconds regardless of difficulty and boss status. Default=false
UseMultiplier: A true/false option to enable the use of a customized multiplier to adjust the vanilla respawn times. Default=false
RespawnSeconds: A float used when UsePresetTime is true as the number of seconds before the player respawns. Default=10.0
RespawnMultiplier: A float used when UseMultiplier is true as a multiplier to adjust the various vanilla respawn times. Default=0.33

Current stable version: 1.0.1
  • 1.0.1: Changed homepage to refer to this thread.
  • 1.0.0: Rebuilt in tModLoader 0.10.1.3 and actually wrote a proper mod description file.
  • 0.76.75: Build error fixed and ready for public beta testing. Released on Mod Browser. Requesting thread move to Released.
  • 0.75.75: Massive update to Information page.
  • 0.75.25: All features presumably implemented, however a build error was introduced.
  • 0.1.25: Quick and dirty customization of jopojelly's Shorter Respawn Time mod.
  • 0.00.25: Information page updated with additional details.
  • 0.00.10: Information page created.

Planned Mods:
Customizable Respawn Time 2: Upgraded customizability and support for the in-game config system.

• Thorium Butterfly Swapper: Cancelled due to lack of cooperation from Thorium's creator. I may come back to it later on when feeling masochistic.
  • Hearty Bags Supplemental Series: Cancelled in favor of an overhaul to the existing mod to add such features. Beta version available now.

Last edited:
I kinda already made a mod that serves the exact purpose as your hearty bags mod. It's called Health and Mana From Bosses.

I kinda already made a mod that serves the exact purpose as your hearty bags mod. It's called Health and Mana From Bosses.
Original release date of Hearty Bags was on Sep 9, 2017. This thread is actually just merging the threads for my mods into a single one.

Hey, I thought the current sprite for the hearty bags don't fit into the game too well so I made my own one (based on the sprite for the herb bag and the life fruit) and thought you might like it. Feel free to use it if you want.

z7jeRLC.png

Btw. why not make hearty bags stackable?

Last edited:
Hey, I thought the current sprite for the hearty bags don't fit into the game too well so I made my own one (based on the sprite for the herb bag and the life fruit) and thought you might like it. Feel free to use it if you want.

xsb9pso.png

Btw. why not make hearty bags stackable?

I intend to make them stackable once I get around to making Hearty Bags 2.0 which is my new plan in place of the supplemental series. I may take advantage of your sprite in that release as well. The existing sprite was made using MSPaint in about 30 seconds. (Actually, maybe I'll make a quick minor update that just changes the sprite. We'll see.)

I intend to make them stackable once I get around to making Hearty Bags 2.0 which is my new plan in place of the supplemental series. I may take advantage of your sprite in that release as well. The existing sprite was made using MSPaint in about 30 seconds. (Actually, maybe I'll make a quick minor update that just changes the sprite. We'll see.)

Alright, that's cool to hear. In case you do use it, make sure to use the sprite from my original post, I did a tiny pixel correction on it.

I'm considering replacing all drops from the Hearty Bags with Fragments which will be able to be used to craft their relevant item by hand using 100 of them.

1% chance would become 1 Fragment

What would people think about this possibility?
http://www.strawpoll.me/15512351

I'm considering replacing all drops from the Hearty Bags with Fragments which will be able to be used to craft their relevant item by hand using 100 of them.

1% chance would become 1 Fragment

What would people think about this possibility?
http://www.strawpoll.me/15512351
I see, so you're basically thinking about removing the randomness/luck factor from the hearty bags and making sure that instead you're guaranteed to receive a reward after defeating a boss a certain amount of times. That is a pretty nice way of doing it as well.

Then again, I somehow enjoy opening a hearty bag not knowing what's inside, kind of like opening a present or a Goodie bag. If you know what's gonna be inside every time, it gets less satisfying.

Maybe you could have both systems at once, have a chance of receiving either 25 LC fragments after beating EoC or a chance of getting an entire Life Crystal.

It could look a little like this:

After King Slime: 95% Chance LC fragments (10-15) | 5% Chance LC
After Eye of Cthulu: 90% Chance LC fragments (15-30) | 10% Chance LC
After EoW/BoC/Queen Bee: 80% Chance LC fragments (30-45) | 20% Chance LC
After Skeletron: 70% Chance LC fragments (45-70) | 30% Chance LC
After WoF: 60% Chance LC fragments (70-85) | 40% Chance LC
After Mech Bosses: 50% Chance LC fragments (85-100) | 50% Chance LC
95% Chance LF fragments (10-15) | 5% Chance LF
After Plantera: 60% Chance LC
80% Chance LF fragments (15-30) | 20% Chance LF
After Golem: 75% Chance LC
70% Chance LF Fragments (30-45) | 30% Chance LF
After Lunatic Cultist: 90% Chance LC
50 %Chance LF fragments (45-70) | 50% Chance LF

With this, it wouldn't be either nothing or jackpot but jackpot or something a little worse. Just an idea though.

Last edited:
I see, so you're basically thinking about removing the randomness/luck factor from the hearty bags and making sure that instead you're guaranteed to receive a reward after defeating a boss a certain amount of times. That is a pretty nice way of doing it as well.

Then again, I somehow enjoy opening a hearty bag not knowing what's inside, kind of like opening a present or a Goodie bag. If you know what's gonna be inside every time, it gets less satisfying.

Maybe you could have both systems at once, have a chance of receiving either 25 LC fragments after beating EoC or a chance of getting an entire Life Crystal.
Hmm, that would actually be pretty easy to do. I'd just add an else to the random drops that would give the fragments.

Should I be taking the altered drop chances in your post as a suggestion to adjust the chances for balance?

Hmm, that would actually be pretty easy to do. I'd just add an else to the random drops that would give the fragments.

Should I be taking the altered drop chances in your post as a suggestion to adjust the chances for balance?

Well, the values I came up with would only make sense if you really end up using the full items alongside the fragments. If you disregard the fragments, I'd say the chances might be almost too low.

After seeing you suggest to use fragments I thought "Hey, that's not a bad idea. If you always get the same amount every time though (depending on your progression, of course) it'd kinda loses its charm after a while. So why not have both, a certain amount of fragments of the grand prize (not leaving you empty handed) or the grand prize itself, with chances for the later rising as you progress."

I was thinking that after having defeated the Mech bosses and finally having access to life fruits, collecting life crystal fragments might become obsolete since you'd probably already have 400 life by then. The fragments might be too much of a hassle to still collect and assemble. Despite this, still getting an entire life crystal from a bag might help set up a heart lantern-powered arena a bit faster. So whilst the main use of the hearty bag at that point of the game has shifted from gathering life crystals/fragments to life fruits/fragments, it's still a nice addition to the LF fragments to keep receiving life crystals for your arena.

Plans for the next Hearty Bags 2.0 beta: Add Fragments with sitty MSPaint art and Spirit progression support.

Future plan changes: Dropping Calamity and Thorium the planned support list unless the devs of said mods give me the boss flags and/or mod HP Increasing item data needed to support them. I may bring them back in the future regardless but since only Spirit's dev saw fit to give me the boss flags I need themselves I'm going to give them at least a month being the only one of the main 3 that I support.

If any other boss adding mods' creators want me to add support for their mods they can PM me here on the forums.

Back
Top Bottom