Weapons & Equip OOA accessories remove time limit from sentries

I agree with this one, since sentry summons could stand to be a little more independent. What about other effects that give additional sentries, e.g. the Tavernkeep armors? If they're going to encourage sentry summoning, they might as well be relatively good at it.

Also, assuming that something would have to be implemented so that removing the accessory/armor would put a time limit in place automatically.

Sentry summons currently last for 1 minute, after which they disappear and need to be resummoned. This suggestion proposes that this time limit be removed if the player is wearing a Monk's Belt, Squire's Shield, Huntress's Buckler, or Apprentice's Scarf.
This explains why the Sentry has much value in 2020 "Studies" Degree. It can't last long to defend.

This seems fairly agreeable sentries as they are now clearly are poorly implemented and largely disconnected from the game outside of the crossover event with no new sentries added since and existing sentries not having really benefited from the mechanics changes. Making them sustained would

I agree with this one, since sentry summons could stand to be a little more independent. What about other effects that give additional sentries, e.g. the Tavernkeep armors? If they're going to encourage sentry summoning, they might as well be relatively good at it.

Also, assuming that something would have to be implemented so that removing the accessory/armor would put a time limit in place automatically.
Yeah the mechanic where sentries/minions get to maintain stats while useful does seem to largely limit the ability to balance the summoner class And adding the effect to the OOA armors seems natural. Plus with that distinction you could add sentry bonuses elsewhere in the game while keeping the OOA effects distinct. Perhaps a sentry potion and or some bonuses to late game summoner armors? I don't think it would hurt much to give an additional sentry slot to say Stardust or Spooky Armor etc. as Summoners have :red: defense and sentries are fairly lackluster. While ideally I feel they could use a rework with the game in its current late phase that isn't really feasible so a solution like this should work

Back
Top Bottom