tModLoader OP+Recipes

Originally, this mod was just going to be a couple recipes I liked using, but then I decided to try learning how to make a couple accessories

This mod adds a few very useful recipes. I'm continuously adding recipes and tweaking existing ones, so check the Recipe Browser for the latest.

Also adds some OP accessories (with complicated recipes) which can really super-charge the Player. The OP accessories are all called Pixels, because before I gave them individual pictures, the pictures were 1px squares of different colors. And the name just kind of stuck, because I had better things to do than think up a new name.

To balance out how powerful these accessories are, I gave them recipes that require platinum coins - LOTS of platinum coins!

The current accessories (sorted by cost) include:

pixelbuild.png

Build Range Pixel (COST: 1 Platinum Coin)
Massively increases block placement range. Splelunker buff. Adds Platinum Watch buff. Immune to Blackout, Darkness, Obstructed and NoBuilding debuffs

pixelwater.png

Water Pixel (COST: 1 Platinum Coin)
No breath timer underwater. Allows swimming. Allows you to walk on water, but NOT lava. Massively boosts fishing.

pixelmelee.png
pixelrange.png
pixelmagic.png
pixelminion.png

The Attack Pixels - In addition to all the buffs mentioned, these accessories also provide infinite Night Vision and Hunter buffs.
Melee Pixel (COST: 2 Platinum Coin)

Massively increases melee weapon speed, crit, and damage.
Immune to Knockback.
Immune to Withered Weapon debuff.​

Range Pixel (COST: 2 Platinum Coin)
Massively increases range weapon crit and damage.
Immune to Confused and Cursed debuffs.​

Magic Pixel (COST: 2 Platinum Coin)
Massively increases magic weapon crit, damage.
All magic needs 0 mana.
Massively increases mana and mana regen (why I included this when everything requires 0 mana, I don't know).
Star Cloak buff. Immune to Mana Sickness, and Silenced debuffs.​

Minion Pixel (COST: 5 Platinum Coin)
Increases number of minions slots by 20.
Massively increases minion damage (in theory; doesn't always work).
Immune to BrokenArmor and WitheredArmor debuff.​

pixelice.png

Ice Pixel (COST: 5 Platinum Coin)
Ice Skate and Tiger Climbing Gear.
Immune to Chilled, Frozen, and Frostburn debuffs​

pixeljump.png

Jump Pixel (COST: 5 Platinum Coin)
Increases player speed and jump height.
Immune to Slow, Weak, OgreSpit, and Webbed debuffs.
Adds Compass and Depth Meter buffs.​

pixelfloating.png

Floating Pixel (COST: 6 Platinum Coin)
No fall damage.
Infinite Magic Carpet
Immune to Stoned debuff​

pixelfire.png

Fire Pixel (COST: 8 Platinum Coin)
Let's you walk on water, lava, and fireblocks.
Take no damage from lava.
Immune to Burning, OnFire, and Cursed Inferno debuffs​

pixellife.png

Life Pixel (COST: 15 Platinum Coin - when you see how powerful this is, you'll understand why it's so expensive)
WIP: It's so OP than I'm working on breaking it down into 2-3 new accessories

Massively increases HP, regeneration, and defense.
Immune to Venom, Poisoned, and Bleeding debuff.

gelsword1.png
gelsword2.png
gelsword3.png
gelsword4.png
gelsword5.png
gelsword6.png

Gel Swords - You'll need a lot of gel to complete this crafting tree!!
Each sword has a broadsword swinging primary attack / shortsword stabbing alternate attack (right-click).

Boomerang.png
Boomerang3.png
Boomerang4.png

Gel Boomerangs - You'll need a lot of gel to complete this crafting tree!!
Currently works like a normal boomerang with a lot of knockback!
WIP LIST: Working on designing the last two boomerangs in the crafting tree. Want to design them with an alt-attack like the gel swords do.

Icons provided under the Creative Commons 3.0. Many thanks to Lorc for providing these icons at game-icons.net

PLEASE NOTE: I'm not experienced with C# at all! This is a WIP and serves to help me learn.
You can see all my code on my GitHub page at https://github.com/exarobibliologist/OPRecipes

Last edited:
v1.5 UPDATE
Reduced the gel cost of swords.

Added gel boomerangs. Each gel boomerang can be hot-swapped with its gel sword counterpart.
As of right now, boomerangs only have one throw attack, but I'm working on making them like gel swords with an alt-attack.

More recipes!

2 Platinum Coin and all magic needs 0 mana... very cheating mod
It will not be interesting to play with him

> Interesting mod comes out with self-declared overpowered recipes.
> People lose self control and self-accountability.
> Blame mod author for their own lack of self-control.

This is a great mod that does interesting, unique things. If you want to use it, great! If you don't want to use it, don't even install it. If you use things that you didn't want to, that can't possibly be the author's fault.

I know I plan on utilizing the builder item for my own projects. There's a certain luxury on not having to worry about boxing yourself in while building. :p

UPDATE 1.5.2
Alchemy recipes - somewhat OP, but less so if you're going for extremely powerful ore.

Turn wood into copper ore.

Then turn the copper ore into more powerful ore. Each tier costs 2x as much as the previous tier.

2x copper = 1 iron ore
4x copper = 1 silver ore
8x copper = 1 gold ore
16x copper = 1 meteorite ore
32x copper = 1 demonite ore
64x copper = 1 hellstone ore
128x copper = 1 cobalt ore
256x copper = 1 mythril ore
512x copper = 1 adamantite ore
1024x copper = 1 chlorophyte ore
2048x copper = 1 luminite ore

So, yes... you can get to late-hardmode ore early on in the game. But you'll have to deforest the entire world just to build something small.

Right now, the recipes only work with regular wood. I haven't tweaked the recipes so they use Group:Woods yet.

I know it might not be the case when playing with only this mod but, when paired with other mods 15 platinum might not be much. (Got around 350 plat while doing a calamity run)

I suggest increasing the price of some of the "Pixels" a bit.

Still overall great mod, keep it up!

Also, if we do happen to have a Platinum coin or two in our inventory, because the recipes only call for that Platinum coin and there are 11 new recipes to use with it, they tend to expand the recipe list by that much when looking at craftable items. If the Platinum Coin would only craft a "Token" and that token were used to craft the 11 items, it'd decrease crafting-space clutter. That's one thing I always value for mods like this.

if by chance this is still being added to/worked on .. can you add a Sentries Pixel so it can be possible to summon more then 1 of the Tavernkeeps's sentries outside of the Eternal Crystal waves

Back
Top Bottom