1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TCF will be undergoing a scheduled software and server upgrade on September 26, 2019 beginning at 9:00AM GMT. TCF may be unavailable for an extended period after this time. More information can be found here. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, we will try to keep the downtime short.

Mobile Optimization.

Discussion in 'Mobile General Talk' started by MasterBroodia, Sep 10, 2019.

1. MasterBroodia

MasterBroodia Terrarian

I'm the only one that has a phone with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of Storage Space and Terraria lags too much?
    Because that sucks, and I want to now if I'm the only one.

2. Aurora3500

Aurora3500 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It depends on how much fps you get regularly.

Some biomes and events will cause the game to lag a bit. My phone also has 4GB RAM and 64 GB of storage space.

Usually I get 40-50 fps in most areas, with it dropping to 25-40 fps when in jungle/dungeon or other areas with a lot of enemies or NPCs.

On the pumpkin/frost moon it will drop to 15-20 fps in the beginning for me and only near the very end does it drop to 3-5 fps.

Is this similar to what you're getting?

3. MasterBroodia

MasterBroodia Terrarian

Somewhat, but worse, my game doesn't pass from 30fps.
    But thx, now I know that I'm not the only one.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  4. darthmorf

darthmorf Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Do you have lots of apps running in the background? It's possible they're using up your RAM and not leaving enough for Terraria.

ZyxX likes this.
  5. MasterBroodia

MasterBroodia Terrarian

That could be one reason, I'll see.
    Thx.

6. Angryhippo

Angryhippo Terrarian DR Studios

Amount of Ram and storage space wont have any effect on performance as such. The main factors will be the CPU, GPU, native screen resolution, and any background APPs using CPU time.

Kadir likes this.
  7. SaveTheBunny

SaveTheBunny Terrarian

^Was about to write this, I can't believe there are still people who believe RAM is the key to better performance in games.

Edit: But to be fair I think RAM is important for Terraria because if I'm not wrong lots of it is needed when creating worlds, then again even 100$ phones come with 3GB since 2017-8 so yeah RAM is irrelevant

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  8. MasterBroodia

MasterBroodia Terrarian

Sorry, I'm not an expert with mobile technology.
    Anyway, thx for the help.

Cheers!

9. Dante D.V

Dante D.V Skeletron Prime

Guess it depends. My device is 2 gb ram 64 gb storage and few times gets 30 fps but it’s when zooming all out, pumpking moon and active traps. Also when zooming out when