Mobile Optimization.

MasterBroodia

Terrarian
I'm the only one that has a phone with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of Storage Space and Terraria lags too much?
Because that sucks, and I want to now if I'm the only one.

It depends on how much fps you get regularly.

Some biomes and events will cause the game to lag a bit. My phone also has 4GB RAM and 64 GB of storage space.

Usually I get 40-50 fps in most areas, with it dropping to 25-40 fps when in jungle/dungeon or other areas with a lot of enemies or NPCs.

On the pumpkin/frost moon it will drop to 15-20 fps in the beginning for me and only near the very end does it drop to 3-5 fps.

Is this similar to what you're getting?

Somewhat, but worse, my game doesn't pass from 30fps.
But thx, now I know that I'm not the only one.

Last edited:
Do you have lots of apps running in the background? It's possible they're using up your RAM and not leaving enough for Terraria.

Amount of Ram and storage space wont have any effect on performance as such. The main factors will be the CPU, GPU, native screen resolution, and any background APPs using CPU time.

^Was about to write this, I can't believe there are still people who believe RAM is the key to better performance in games.

Edit: But to be fair I think RAM is important for Terraria because if I'm not wrong lots of it is needed when creating worlds, then again even 100$ phones come with 3GB since 2017-8 so yeah RAM is irrelevant

Last edited:
Guess it depends. My device is 2 gb ram 64 gb storage and few times gets 30 fps but it’s when zooming all out, pumpking moon and active traps. Also when zooming out when

Back
Top Bottom