Other Option to disable pausing on lost focus.

NolanSyKinsley

Eye of Cthulhu
I would like a way to disable the pausing of the game when losing focus in single player. I feel it gives multiplayer an advantage as they can just leave farms run and grass grow while they are off browsing the internet, but in single player it forces a pause when you ALT+Tab, so there is no real "AFK" farming. You have to have the window up front and in focus, which is kinda aggravating.

I know, you can host and play to start a server, but that increases the memory footprint of the game quite a bit, and the whole point is to go do other things, I won't be able to do said other things if I have to run a server and a client just to keep the client from pausing. I would just like to be able to watch a youtube video or two while I let my mushroom/jungle grass spread.

I don't know. I like the method of pausing in single play without the need to turn auto-pause on and off if I needed to do something else.

I don't know. I like the method of pausing in single play without the need to turn auto-pause on and off if I needed to do something else.
Hence "option to disable" and not "remove this feature". I know that many people use this feature and would miss it if removed.

I never understood why they didn't include this in the first place. I see no reason to leave it out since there are other time dependent features in the game like waiting for night time to fight a boss, moon phases, getting to the next day for another fishing quest.

I'd like to see the OP expand upon how many in-game applications this applies to, please.

I actually started using a sorta-workaround. In linux you can switch to a different TTY, I used TTY1 so log out of steam, press Ctrl+alt+f1 to open TTY1, login, then input:
Code:
startx -- :1
the :1 is for TTY1 so change that if you use a different TTY. This will start a second X-session, you can then log into steam on that x-session and play Terraria on it, then press Ctrl+alt+f7 to switch back to the default x-session to do your browsing and such, just jumping back and forth as you please.

Back
Top Bottom