Game Mechanics Option to Enable/Disable V-Sync

marky04

Terrarian
This has been on my mind for quite a while, and I feel like it's a feature that many people need as well in this game, allowing the enabling and disabling of V-Sync in Terraria. I know, this game can run on a toaster, but some just aren't as toasty as they are (mine for sure). For those of you who do not know what V-Sync is; it prevents screen tearing and makes sure that everything you're seeing on screen is perfectly lined up as a whole. For example:

usDS2eY.jpg

The left one shows V-Sync if off, notice how the blades and post are not aligned (screen tearing)
The right one is when it is on.

It's great for those who have the power for it, but it takes quite a hefty toll on the FPS. Believe me, I've seen great improvements for many of the games I've tried (which had V-sync option). Many people would be willing to sacrifice a lined-up screen for more FPS and seeing that many developers have already implemented such a feature into their games - indie or not - I really do not see a reason it should not be added to the game. Sure it might look ugly to some people. And would rather have it turned on.

Now before some of you say "You can disable vsync on your pc/graphics card itself." I am aware of that fact, however those who are rocking intel hd integrated graphics chips, will not have the luxury of doing so. :( (It's possible, however it only makes it so that the v-sync option overrides the rendering process. So without a v-sync option in the game itself, it would have no effect)

So here, I really hope the devs see this, and consider it.

Last edited:
If it runs on a taoster why disable V-sync? You should still have enough FPSs even with that on! And if you have FPS issues try switching frame skip too, it lags me.

EDIT: I Don't say I do not support this though, more options is Always better.

If it runs on a taoster why disable V-sync? You should still have enough FPSs even with that on! And if you have FPS issues try switching frame skip too, it lags me.

EDIT: I Don't say I do not support this though, more options is Always better.
I have the lowest settings on, I must say I am getting decent frames but only when the game is at its calmest and the resolution is at 600x800. If I could see any improvements when turning retro lighting on I would not have made this suggestion. However I did not see any improvements then.

And by "runs on a toaster", I mean bare minimum here, not the kind that makes the intel atom processors purr as I get to wave 3 in a frost moon.

Back
Top Bottom