Do you have arachnophobia(in general)?

• Yes

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters

Kresten

Skeletron Prime
So I've met a lot of players who have arachnophobia and I myself have it too, and it's a shame that you can't dig underground without the fear of falling into a spider nest.

Idea:
Add an option when generating a new world to disable/not generate spider caves thus also removing the good loot(something for something) available except the Stylist, you can find her randomly underground or similar.

The only spider available when no spider nests are generated would be the crimson spider. Then those who also are afraid of them should just play in a corruption world.

I bet at least one game dev has arachnophobia too :p

So I've met a lot of players who have arachnophobia and I myself have it too, and it's a shame that you can't dig underground without the fear of falling into a spider nest.

Idea:
Add an option when generating a new world to disable/not generate spider caves thus also removing the good loot(something for something) available except the Stylist, you can find her randomly underground or similar.

The only spider available when no spider nests are generated would be the crimson spider. Then those who also are afraid of them should just play in a corruption world.

Hardmode has a jungle spider

Hardmode has a jungle spider
yeah, that's right, but that spider doesn't drop any crucial(if any at all) loot and usually comes alone. For me anyway: my phobia is triggered simply by the word spidernest(nasty word) but its the masses that is nasty/creepy. So a single spider doesn't bother me too much.

I don't understand what it is, but the Black Recluses just scare the crap out of me. The jungle spiders don't bother me in the slightest, but if I see a black recluse, or just hear my stardust dragon kill one, I teleport home on sheer instinct and my heart starts going a mile a minute (unless I'm squinting...is that normal?). No other video game spiders bother me. So, I see the issue. Even in my 200+ hour main world, I've never bothered getting the hairstylist, and work around all of the nests. It's probably just a personal issue, but I have no trouble working around it. Just keep that magic mirror at the ready and map out your world's underground over time, I guess. That's what I did, at least.

I don't understand what it is, but the Black Recluses just scare the crap out of me. The jungle spiders don't bother me in the slightest, but if I see a black recluse, or just hear my stardust dragon kill one, I teleport home on sheer instinct and my heart starts going a mile a minute (unless I'm squinting...is that normal?). No other video game spiders bother me. So, I see the issue. Even in my 200+ hour main world, I've never bothered getting the hairstylist, and work around all of the nests. It's probably just a personal issue, but I have no trouble working around it. Just keep that magic mirror at the ready and map out your world's underground over time, I guess. That's what I did, at least.
I also try to teleport home as soon as I realize that there's a spider cave, and don't return until a while after.
[doublepost=1521558438,1521558318][/doublepost]
I don't think they need to add an option. Spider Caves are always 100% closed in, so just avoid them. Sorry if I'm coming off as blunt, but no support.
No, then you need to watch for spider caves all the time, also if its inside slush blocks and you fall, then you are stuck in the spiderweb.

Sure, they aren't 100% avoidable, but I just don't think that they need to change the game for the minority of people who hate spiders. They're not going to add an option for the marble biome just because I'm terrified of Medusas. The same could be said for spiders.

They seem unavoidable if ur playing mainstream, but they COULD add an option to remove particular biomes from your world.
They would have to be very careful about which ones, the world evil plays such an important role in progression, along with hell, the jungle, the lhizard temple, and the dungeon. The mushroom biome is key for rangers.

No support for the OP, as I think the game is built around the variation and existence of all the biomes. However I think the consideration should be taken for the phobia. I see no harm in having an optional sprite rework that textures them differently as to make the biome less of a problem

Idea:

I'm not sure if this thread is still active, but there used to be a time when I wouldn't dare dig 10 blocks underground. I would ask my friends to give me ores and loot. on tModLoader there is a "Disable Spider Nests" Mod which I use. I use it to create a world then move it to the 1.4 folder. works really well. But yeah it would be cool to have a disable spider nest option, those who don't have the phobia don't really need to use them, and I don't really see myself farming spider fangs, so it would be a huge help.

Back
Top Bottom