NPCs & Enemies Option to make NPC's not defend themselves

Kats

Pixel Pirate
Heya, not sure if I'm alone on this but whatever.

I'd love to have an option for NPC's not to defend themselves OR make the mobs hostile towards the NPC instead of me.
It's quite annoying when an NPC attacks something and next thing I know I'm being attacked by something because of something I never did.
This is mostly slimes of course as most other enemies are already hostile.

It does get better once you get established with houses and everything but annoying to build a house when NPC's decide to make every slime on screen hostile.
I only play Expert Mode now so I've died to Slimes quite often due to this. '-'

Like have an option when you talk to the NPC to tell him to stop attacking everything that moves.

OR lke I said, make the mobs hostile towards the NPC instead, disabling drops if the player doesn't hit the mob.

Its on purpose that the npcs attack the mobs and that they aggro to you.

Might be, still annoying though.

And kinda weird, I'm underground building and minding my own business, an NPC decides to attack a slime, slime proceeds to go attack me who was not even seen by the slime as I'm underground.

Make the only entry in your roof.
Use wings to enter/exit.
NPCS cant exit so they cant fight. They only defend themselves if its slime rain.

Make the only entry in your roof.
Use wings to enter/exit.
NPCS cant exit so they cant fight. They only defend themselves if its slime rain.

Kinda hard to use wings on a new character and world. ;P

I do know there's work around for the NPC's but I wanted to suggest this anyway.
Makes no sense that mobs attack me when it was the NPC's that attacked them.

And it's extremely annoying when just starting out.

I do know there's work around for the NPC's but I wanted to suggest this anyway.

The npcs are strong enough to kill a few slimes.

So, if there's 3-4 slimes on screen, the guide magically kills them all because "he can kill green slimes in 4 shots"?
There's other slimes in the game.
Purple ones being the worst early on, they might be aggro by default though, not really sure.

And yes, I've had times when the guide decides to attack 4 of them, not killing a single one.

Don't get me wrong, I love that the NPC's defend themselves, but if the mobs are gonna attack me for something I didn't do, then give me the choice to tell the NPC's not to defend themselves.
Don't really wanna have to barricade the NPC's every time I make a new character simply because they are gonna get me killed by slimes.

Use platforms in the roof to get out. NPCs still can't get out, and you can without any accessories.

I'll offer a way to actually null any enemies, as long as you can build a square room fast enough: Build it at ground level. Have two platforms anywhere in the room's floor, then a small shaft down, tall enough for you to jump up - or taller if you get ropes. Dig right or left (or both) and then dig up outside the room, creating a U-shaped entrance, covering it with platforms. This makes it so slimes can't ever get to you in your base. Zombies may get in, but they'll most likely be stuck in the tunnel, and you can just wait until morning and farm dozens of zombies who won't aggro you because "daylight, must flee!"

It's a method I use in ever new world I make, to avoid the nuisance of slimes.

Additionally, how to get wood for your house safely: Dig down four blocks, cover the entrance, dig around while chopping trees from below.

Was hoping to avoid it but seems to be the only way I guess.
Thanks. :>

That I never thought of a tunnel before, sounds cool. :D

Very simple one I made for one of my few side characters:

811F4AFF79F357B54554D4C2209A76C32278010A

As you see, there's no way for zombies or slimes to get in, and fliers (eyes) AI can't navigate well enough to get in, either.

Kill the king slime, equip royal gel. Problem solved. No slime, toxic sludge, or gastropod will attack you.

Kill the king slime, equip royal gel. Problem solved. No slime, toxic sludge, or gastropod will attack you.
Hard to kill King Slime when you just made the world, I have this problem when tryna build houses in the beginning.
Will do what Kyouko did from now on when I make new characters.

I also suggested this simply because it makes little sense for the mobs to attack someone who didn't do anything.
Could make a long list of "Imagine if" here but should be obvious enough why it's weird. :p

Hard to kill King Slime when you just made the world, I have this problem when tryna build houses in the beginning.
Will do what Kyouko did from now on when I make new characters.

I also suggested this simply because it makes little sense for the mobs to attack someone who didn't do anything.
Could make a long list of "Imagine if" here but should be obvious enough why it's weird. :p

Meh, Slimes aren't intelligent creatures. When they get attacked they become agitated and lash out. They also lack proper sensory organs, which explains why they don't lash out at their agitator, as well as the whole non-intelligent thing.

Back
Top Bottom