Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conduit of the Desert

• I don't like it (comment)

• Total voters

Cubic.

The Destroyer
I was thinking, why are some biomes so lame? And yet so nice? Like, some safe places I hide in are tundras and space. It actually works- my character is usually 99.9% safe. (Note to critics: That's my opinion and strength! They might not be safe to you!) But their lack of challenge bores some strong players looking for one. Especially myself, but I'm endgame so that doesn't matter. There are so many nocturnal bosses who rely on the surface, so many bosses who live in challenging biomes, and so many bosses you didn't even know of before they spawned in your world. (I'm a wikipedian, so that last one isn't very relatable for me.) Lets think of some bosses to go to the... Let's say lesser biomes.

That's right, the king of wyverns is after you. While he is alive, boss 2 will play.
To summon the Wyvern Ruler, craft a Suspicious Looking Feather using 20 Souls of Flight, 30 Feathers, and one of any mechanical boss soul on a crafting table. Take it to space and hit that use button.
He spawns in the same fashion as a Wyvern, (being one) appearing offscreen in a coil and flying towards you. Once he spawns, all players in space get the Moon Hypnosis debuff, preventing them from leaving space. If they try to in any way, they get instantly teleported to the Wyvern Ruler's head. This includes players entering Space during the fight.
Unfortunately, he has yet to be sprited.

He looks like a Wyvern, but much bigger with a cape and crown. The crown has a purple jewel on it.
Unfortunately, he has yet to be sprited.

He looks like phase 1, but his cape and body are torn up, his eyes are red, and he is dripping blood.
He constantly dashes towards the player, in the exact same speed and manner as a Wyvern. If he touches you, you take around 30 damage.
He occasionally spawns 5 harpies from his cape.
He also occasionally spawns a Wyvern Bondservant from his cape. Wyvern Bondservants are a bit stronger than the typical Wyvern, but they have the exact same attack and AI. They are just a Wyvern with a necklace on.
(The animation for spawning servants from the cape has yet to be sprited.)
In Expert Mode, he will occasionally burstfire a huge barrage of Harpy projectiles.
He transitions to phase two at half health.
His dashes become much faster, about the same speed as an iron Minecart. If he touches you, you take around 50 damage.
He begins shooting purple lasers from his crown.
He now spawns crow harpies from his cape. They have yet to be sprited, but they look like a black resprite of the harpy. They have higher move speed and health, and touching them inflicts the Slow debuff. They fire five crow harpy projectiles that deal twice as much damage as a normal harpy.
He stops spawning Wyvern Bondservants.
In Expert mode, his harpy projectiles will turn into crow harpy projectiles.
He will always drop 50-100 Souls of Flight. (For people who dislike this, imagine all the money you could get by selling that many. Makes money farming easier huh?)
He will always drop 5-10 golden coins. (Again, makes money farming easier.)
He will always drop at least one of these four:

Wyvern Crown
75 magic damage
Fires lasers!
"If you turn into a Wyvern, we're kicking you out." (Reference to Lego Ninjago "If you turn evil, we're kicking you out.")

Space Cape
+14 Defense
+15 Magic Damage
"It's covered in blood and fur."

Harpy Staff
47 Summon Damage
Summons a Harpy to fight for you
Buff tooltip: "The harpy thinks you're beautiful"
"A wonderful addition to any summoner's collection."

Blood of the Wyverns
Equippable
Allows the player to fly up the same distance as Red's Wings
Flying with it is yet to be sprited
"Gives the player Wyvern powers"

Expert mode item:

Wyvern Bondservant Necklace
Equipable
Wyverns ignore the player
A fairy queen with a very motherly nature. While she is alive, boss 4 will play.
To summon the Deception Fairy, go to the Hallow and find the Fairy Stones that randomly spawn. Smash 3, and the Deception Fairy will spawn.
When the first Fairy Stone is destroyed, the text chat will say "The fairies crowd around [PlayerName] angrily."
When the second is destroyed, the text chat will say "The fury is not something one should be around."
The Deception Fairy rises up out of the ground and stays stationary for a second.
Unfortunately she has yet to be FACEPLANTS sprited.

She looks like a Dryad with pixie wings and red eyes. (Cuz she angry)
She flies up into the air and shoots leaf projectiles. They deal 30 damage per hit.
Occasionally she will do a spell that inflicts Poison on the player if they are in its range
She spawns small groups of Pixies (2-3)
Occasionally she will throw leaf bombs that explode into leaves (the explosion doesn't destroy.)
99 pixie dust
Very rarely drops pixie wings
Will always drop at least one of these:

Leaf Bomb
38 throwing damage
Explodes into leaves! Doesn't destroy.
"It's autumn already?"

Bark Shield
Equippable
Halves the length of all debuffs
+6 defense

Swordcross
78 Melee Damage
"He ruled by the sword and by the cross."
Chargable for more damage

Expert drop:

Tetra Blade
99 Melee Damage
"It was supposed to be a Terra Blade! What did I do wrong!?"
Swings very fast, starts the swing from fully behind the player (ending at the normal end point)
Yes, it's named after @Ultimate snowman 46 . While he is alive, boss 3 will play.
To summon the Ultimate Snowman, you need to craft a Cursed Snowball using 10 snowballs, an ice block, 5 Boreal wood, and a Soul of Night at a world evil altar. Take it to the Undergound Tundra and hit that use button HARD! (Don't slam it please, you don't wanna break your device.)
When he spawns, two snowballs (one giant and goes at the bottom, the other medium and goes in the middle) appear in the ground and float up to form the snowman's body. His head appears in the above and float down on top of the snowman's body. This forms his.. Well... Form.
He has yet to be sprited.

His bottom segment looks like a gigantic snowball. His middle segment looks like a medium snowball with two twigs in each side. The head segment looks like a larger version of a full Frost Moon.
The Ultimate Snowman will deal 10-30 damage if directly touched and inflicts Chilled, but does not try to touch you.
He summons Mini Snowmen that rush around you and deal various amounts of damage (the cap being 40, however that high is super rare) and extremely rarely inflict Chilled.
He has three segments. Only the head segment must be killed to kill him, but killing the other segments will stop him from moving (bottom) and summoning mini snowmen (middle).
If his bottom segment is alive, and the player is not cornered, he can jump to the other side of the player.
He will burstfire a barrage of snowballs at the player.
In Expert mode, he will rapid fire snowballs at the player.

Last edited:
Those places "safe"? They're some of the most hostile environments. If they're safe it's because you've out-scaled their values.

Feedback Megapost! This might edit over time.

Generic Items

Bark Shield
Equippable
Same but weaker effects than/as Shield of Chuthulu
+6 defense
Resembles: SOC
Replacement idea: Halves the length of all debuffs

Swordcross
78 Melee Damage
Similar to: Sword
Replacement idea: Chargable for more damage

Expert drop:

Tetra Blade
99 Melee Damage
Replacement idea: Swings very fast, starts the swing from fully behind the player (ending at the normal end point)

The Wyvern King
This boss is pretty nice, but just one thing
Equipable
+15 movement speed
This is just an anklet of the wind with wyvern immunity. Perhaps it could do something cooler like allow you to fly vertically very fast but have almost no horizontal movement?

Feedback Megapost! This might edit over time.

Generic Items

Bark Shield
Equippable
Same but weaker effects than/as Shield of Chuthulu
+6 defense
Resembles: SOC
Replacement idea: Halves the length of all debuffs

Swordcross
78 Melee Damage
Replacement idea: Chargable for more damage

Expert drop:

Tetra Blade
99 Melee Damage
Replacement idea: Swings very fast, starts the swing from fully behind the player (ending at the normal end point)

The Wyvern King
This boss is pretty nice, but just one thing
Equipable
+15 movement speed
This is just an anklet of the wind with wyvern immunity. Perhaps it could do something cooler like allow you to fly vertically very fast but have almost no horizontal movement?
I like the ideas for deception fairy, but for Wyvern Ruler I might just have to drop the move speed. Modifiers exist, anyway. I thought that maybe the Wyvern Ruler would have a similar expert item to King Slime, since expert mode Wyverns can be very dangerous in early Hardmode.
[doublepost=1545047087,1545046555][/doublepost]
You should consider balance based on where the player will be when they encounter your ideas, not based on your personal character's later strength level.
Apologies for doubleposting, but the general idea is something new and exiting for new and strong players alike. All these bosses are either early Hardmode or Post-Mecha, so newer players will already be strong enough to at least be near strong enough. Imagine this: the Twins are MUCH more challenging than the Wall Of Flesh, so challenging that in expert mode, although I have the legendary Meowmere, I CAN'T DEFEAT ONE. I'd say, a boss that could be owned with the Excalibur like Wyvern Ruler (I would say he has low health and defense compared to other Hardmode bosses, but I'm terrible at balance.) would be great, especially as Cooldown for short-tempered players who rage a lot at difficult games like Terraria. Perhaps, if you want balance, you could do all the math for me? This stuff is hard to come up with!

hey can i be a spriter? i read about the bosses is not yet sprited...soooo yeah....ill try. if you dont like my sprites ill make a better one..if i cant make a better one....then ill just support the mod... you can see my sprites if you want too

hey can i be a spriter? i read about the bosses is not yet sprited...soooo yeah....ill try. if you dont like my sprites ill make a better one..if i cant make a better one....then ill just support the mod... you can see my sprites if you want too
That would be great! I've always needed a spriter for my suggestions. But there's a lot more to address in this thread, so that might be a handful!

then make an account.just type discord on google and register in the browser or download it
I'm not allowed to download it. If you want to discuss the sprites privately, we can do it in PM. This is not a mod, I'm not a modder nor planning to become one.

then make an account.just type discord on google and register in the browser or download it
Send me the sprites, I'll upload them and send @Bubby Aurora the links.
[doublepost=1545060621,1545060350][/doublepost]
Apologies for doubleposting, but the general idea is something new and exiting for new and strong players alike. All these bosses are either early Hardmode or Post-Mecha, so newer players will already be strong enough to at least be near strong enough. Imagine this: the Twins are MUCH more challenging than the Wall Of Flesh, so challenging that in expert mode, although I have the legendary Meowmere, I CAN'T DEFEAT ONE. I'd say, a boss that could be owned with the Excalibur like Wyvern Ruler (I would say he has low health and defense compared to other Hardmode bosses, but I'm terrible at balance.) would be great, especially as Cooldown for short-tempered players who rage a lot at difficult games like Terraria. Perhaps, if you want balance, you could do all the math for me? This stuff is hard to come up with!
That sounds counter-intuitive. The Twins aren't meant to be a challenge at that stage; each boss and enemy is a piece of a specific puzzle. They can't fit in multiple places. The closest we've come to such concepts is Expert mode and frankly we needn't go any further.

Frankly I don't really understand your suggestion beyond that. Why do you want to push the Twins past endgame? What's the point of adding new bosses if they serve the same purpose in the timeline?

Send me the sprites, I'll upload them and send @Bubby Aurora the links.
[doublepost=1545060621,1545060350][/doublepost]
That sounds counter-intuitive. The Twins aren't meant to be a challenge at that stage; each boss and enemy is a piece of a specific puzzle. They can't fit in multiple places. The closest we've come to such concepts is Expert mode and frankly we needn't go any further.

Frankly I don't really understand your suggestion beyond that. Why do you want to push the Twins past endgame? What's the point of adding new bosses if they serve the same purpose in the timeline?
No thank you because now i can send my sprites to @Bubby Aurora :)

Back
Top Bottom