Game Mechanics Options for Dash key and Pause button, Equipment sets or hotbars?

Dash is terrible. Just saying. I mess so many things up trying to build and make small movements and then accidentally dashing because I forgot to swap out my dash gear. Having an Option to set a key for dashing would be FANTASTIC. One that removes it from movement keys.

Pause is awkward. I do a lot of activity with the menu open, so when I want to pause, I have to open inventory, click Settings, turn Autopause ON, then do reverse when I'm ready. There's a real chance when I open Settings that I'll autopilot to Save and Exit, too. It's poor design. It'd be nice to have a key one can press to pause/unpause the game while inventory is open without having to go to Settings.

Hotkeyed equipment sets would be lovely. Or maybe multiple Hotbars, so I could have a melee hotbar, an exploration hotbar, a summoning hotbar, a mining and building hotbar, etc., ect., etc. Also, I find an issue with not being able to switch ammunition on-the-fly... being able to assign ammo to weapons somehow would be a big help. Even if I have to farm, say, two sniper rifles, so I could have one loaded for ichor and one for venom (as an example), it'd be more useful than the current "open inventory and swap ammo mid-combat" option.

It'd also be nice if click and right-click each activated an item, so I could have, for instance, a sword and a spell at my fingertips.

Actually, nevermind. I'm out. Went to pause the game so I could take heart meds, and accidentally autopiloted to Save & Exit. It's a SUPER obvious design flaw that needs to be addressed, and should have in the last five years, as I understand it. I'll be back when it's addressed... but, if you can't address such a simple issue, then I have no interest in anything else you might be developing, either.

/uninstall

Actually, nevermind. I'm out. Went to pause the game so I could take heart meds, and accidentally autopiloted to Save & Exit. It's a SUPER obvious design flaw that needs to be addressed, and should have in the last five years, as I understand it. I'll be back when it's addressed... but, if you can't address such a simple issue, then I have no interest in anything else you might be developing, either.

/uninstall
ur uninstalling the game because theres no pause button..?

I agree that the game should have a more easily accessible pause button, though. Not sure about the other stuff.

Thanks. Yeah, complete uninstall, even deleted the folders. I take heart meds for a reason.

I like the game, though, so I'm still checking for discussion. If it gets addressed, I'll reinstall and play again. But, if they can't address such a simple design flaw, I can't trust them to do any real good making other games, either.

Thanks. Yeah, complete uninstall, even deleted the folders. I take heart meds for a reason.

I like the game, though, so I'm still checking for discussion. If it gets addressed, I'll reinstall and play again. But, if they can't address such a simple design flaw, I can't trust them to do any real good making other games, either.
All you have to do to pause the game is tab out though...?

It's just kind of stupid that you're being so critical on such a minor problem of the game that has such a simple workaround.

No, because it's habit. It's habit to open inventory, Settings, Autopause On/Off. It's also habit to open inventory, Settings, hit Save & Exit. And there's so much overlap that it's hard to not do the wrong thing. If I want to save and exit and, instead, accidentally hit AP On, no harm done. If I go to pause the game and, instead, S&E, then I have to re-open and work my way back where I was. Sometimes, that's not so easy.

Design shouldn't have that much overlap between two elements that have such disparate functions, and putting a Pause button in, even if it only works when the inventory is open, just shouldn't take five years.

Back
Top Bottom