tModLoader Orchid Mod

Maybe hide like an alter in the mid of the mine shaft, And make it summon a boss if you use something on i
I know that's a bad idea but i guess i tried to come up with something to make it better.

Hey, a update has been released.
If people still have faith in this project, I still have things to do :
- More Early HM shaman weapons
- Pumpkin moon shaman weapon
- Shadow chest shaman weapon
- Balance the class
- More accessories
- Keep balancing the class ...

I've always been refusing to use any form of recolors or terrible sprites, and releasing balanced, interesting, and bug free (unlike ... some) content, which makes things harder.
I have to be honest, these points haven't been released with this update, simply because I am totally out of ideas for weapons/accessories effects, and it's really hard to balance a class all by my own, without any form of feedback except "it feels underwhelming compared to others >.<"

If you like this project (which you may be, since you're reading this), and have played with it for a bit, please, come and talk with me on discord about what you'd like to see done ;)

Last edited:
Not a big discord user, but I will I've been using this mod for quite some time now, though mostly for the mine shaft portion of the mod. As was said previously, not a lot of biome/structure/etc mods around so this is nice to have. I understand you may not be focusing on any further such things, but hopefully at some point you do. Either way I'll happily keep using the mod.

🍻

Not a big discord user, but I will I've been using this mod for quite some time now, though mostly for the mine shaft portion of the mod. As was said previously, not a lot of biome/structure/etc mods around so this is nice to have. I understand you may not be focusing on any further such things, but hopefully at some point you do. Either way I'll happily keep using the mod.

🍻

I have been messing up with some ruins recently, but I have no where/how to use them, and how to make them interesting :

1578417038204.png

Also, if you're interested in the mineshaft part of the mod only, there is a lite version of it called Orchid Mineshaft, you may want to use it ;)

Last edited:
I want to tell you, that I really like your mod and use it in pretty much every playthrough since its release! I enjoy the mineshaft because it's really well made and helps to skip ore mining. The question is why did you remove mineshaft ghost and mineshaft chest? The shaman class is pretty interesting too. Now, I want to tell you some bugs and inconvenieces, I have spotted while doing a shaman playthrough with latest update of your mod:
1. Could you please split Prismatic Idol's tooltip into several lines? Because right now tooltip's line us as long that it doesn't let me to read item's stats and part of its stats.
2. Was that intended, that diamond tiara doubles your shamanic damage? I think, that's a bug because having weapons with 50-60 damage in early prehardmode isn't very balanced.

Also, could you make weapon which can be find in wooden chests craftable (for example from wood and acorns)? Because if you have bad luck, you will have to go into caves without any weapon (while doing shamanic weapons only playthrough of course). And that's very annoying.

I want to tell you, that I really like your mod and use it in pretty much every playthrough since its release! I enjoy the mineshaft because it's really well made and helps to skip ore mining. The question is why did you remove mineshaft ghost and mineshaft chest? The shaman class is pretty interesting too. Now, I want to tell you some bugs and inconvenieces, I have spotted while doing a shaman playthrough with latest update of your mod:
1. Could you please split Prismatic Idol's tooltip into several lines? Because right now tooltip's line us as long that it doesn't let me to read item's stats and part of its stats.
2. Was that intended, that diamond tiara doubles your shamanic damage? I think, that's a bug because having weapons with 50-60 damage in early prehardmode isn't very balanced.

Also, could you make weapon which can be find in wooden chests craftable (for example from wood and acorns)? Because if you have bad luck, you will have to go into caves without any weapon (while doing shamanic weapons only playthrough of course). And that's very annoying.

Thanks a lot for your reports !
I plan on doing a bug-fixing update within the next days, and while the prismatic idol one was known, I didn't notice the tiara doubling your shamanic damage (I wrote +1.0f instead of +0.1f, which is +100% instead of +10%) :dryadconfused:

The mineshaft ghost and chest were removed due to weird behavior in multiplayer, and will be re-implemented as soon as I learn about syncing data with a server. Sorry about that ! :dryadwink:

There is a weapon craftable with wood and fallen stars on a workbench, which would help you in that situation. I also plan on making it, along with Blum (the dungeon one) possible to get through fishing :dryadcool:

Please, do not hesitate to tell me, either here or on discord what you think of the mod, or if you have either a suggestion or a bugfix to report, feedback like yours is extremely valuable in my eyes :dryadsmile:

Last edited:
Can you please modify or do something with "Depths Baton" projectile? Maybe add some auto-aiming at nearby enemies, at close range

And maybe you can add multiple empowerments on some scepters instead of emp. levels, its not convenient to switch between many scepters only to get more than one empowerment
I think it would be better to players have several different empoverments than various levels of only one emp.

And armor can have some mana usage reduction

Last edited:
Can you please modify or do something with "Depths Baton" projectile? Maybe add some auto-aiming at nearby enemies, at close range

And maybe you can add multiple empowerments on some scepters instead of emp. levels, its not convenient to switch between many scepters only to get more than one empowerment
I think it would be better to players have several different empoverments than various levels of only one emp.

And armor can have some mana usage reduction

I agree, the depths baton is quite unpractical for now, I will try to address that for the next update.

I'll also take a look at all the Shaman armor sets and make sure they have at least a bit of added Mana ;)
Meanwhile, make sure to use items such as spirited water or Mana regeneration potions to help you !

However, when it comes to switching weapons, the whole class revolves around that, and getting multiple empowerments at once would make some weapon interactions very unbalanced.
There are multiple tools, such as shamanic armor sets, diamond idols, morning torch, ... That adds a few seconds to the duration of your empowerments, making it really easy to keep up with 2-3 of them.
I agree the early game lacks some of them, and I'll try to add a potion and an easy to get (sold by the dryad ?) accessory to help.

Thanks for your feedback, I hope you've been enjoying the mod :dryadwink:

Last edited:
hey i love the mod and i always like having mods that add in structures and stuff like that so the mineshaft part is awesome, however i have noticed a problem between your mod and ancients awakened mod. when making a world since both mods have something that spawns under the spawn point yours seems to spawn first and is them partly replaced by the unmineable blocks that ancients awakened spawns right on top of the bottom portion of the mineshaft, im not sure what would be able to fix it if there is any fix but i was thinking that maybe if you moved it higher up for where it spawns under the spawn point it might make it out of the range of the AA biome and wont get partially destroyed. i know its not to easy to see but i attached a screenshot of the map to show how much kinda gets right deleted by AA.
Terraria Screenshot 2020.01.23 - 20.33.12.12.png

hey i love the mod and i always like having mods that add in structures and stuff like that so the mineshaft part is awesome, however i have noticed a problem between your mod and ancients awakened mod. when making a world since both mods have something that spawns under the spawn point yours seems to spawn first and is them partly replaced by the unmineable blocks that ancients awakened spawns right on top of the bottom portion of the mineshaft, im not sure what would be able to fix it if there is any fix but i was thinking that maybe if you moved it higher up for where it spawns under the spawn point it might make it out of the range of the AA biome and wont get partially destroyed. i know its not to easy to see but i attached a screenshot of the map to show how much kinda gets right deleted by AA.

I will try, in a later update, adapting to big mods generation.
It's not too much work to change how the mineshaft geneartion behaves when of of them is active, but Id like to do all of them (enigma, ...) at once,whenever I do it.

Thanks for your report :)

I will try, in a later update, adapting to big mods generation.
It's not too much work to change how the mineshaft geneartion behaves when of of them is active, but Id like to do all of them (enigma, ...) at once,whenever I do it.

Thanks for your report :)
To note that this particular structure from AA is planned to be removed/changed iirc

To note that this particular structure from AA is planned to be removed/changed iirc

I am clearly not aware of what's happening with other mods development :/

Actually, a config option "generate the mineshaft higher" and "generate minishafts (small mineshafts)" would fix the issue, wouldn't it ?

I am clearly not aware of what's happening with other mods development :/

Actually, a config option "generate the mineshaft higher" and "generate minishafts (small mineshafts)" would fix the issue, wouldn't it ?
That would be interesting yeah, splitting it up a bit like marble/granit caves

I don't know if you're still messing with the ruins but I think it would be cool if it spawned underneath forest biomes (excluding the one you start in, as that would make there by two structures in the middle of the world). Maybe it could also spawn under crimson/corruption forests and feature crimson/corruption blocks if it did so. If you do want it to spawn on the surface though I think to make traveling through the world in early game easier it should only have a bit on the surface and then be mostly underground, so it can avoid the problem of having to be climbed over like how the dungeon has to be. I don't know much about making playing through structures interesting, but to make it worthwhile it could spawn some unique enemies and have unique loot, or it could have existing rare loot items spawn in chests that are found in it.

I don't know if you're still messing with the ruins but I think it would be cool if it spawned underneath forest biomes (excluding the one you start in, as that would make there by two structures in the middle of the world). Maybe it could also spawn under crimson/corruption forests and feature crimson/corruption blocks if it did so. If you do want it to spawn on the surface though I think to make traveling through the world in early game easier it should only have a bit on the surface and then be mostly underground, so it can avoid the problem of having to be climbed over like how the dungeon has to be. I don't know much about making playing through structures interesting, but to make it worthwhile it could spawn some unique enemies and have unique loot, or it could have existing rare loot items spawn in chests that are found in it.

The Ruins, just like the Ancient Fossils are structure I didn't manage to get "right", and end up being satisfied of what I had done.
I am currently working on the shaman class development, with Thorium cross-mod content being in the spotlight for the next update.

Even though I have defined projects for the upcoming months (such as a proper biome :dryadwink: ), I still have the ruins "basis" with me, and I won't miss an opportunity to properly implement them if I stumble upon a coherent, interesting, and complete idea concerning them.

The mines remind me of those in starbound. Great mod, I could easily see these structures in vanilla. The shaman class is an interesting idea as well.

Back
Top Bottom