tModLoader Orchid Mod

Out of curiosity, is it difficult to actually program these in? Is it just pure code? How much of it is "set piece" where a precise specific object goes in a precise specific location relative to something else? How much of it is randomly generated but within specific guidelines? How is placement of the whole biome determined?

Out of curiosity, is it difficult to actually program these in? Is it just pure code? How much of it is "set piece" where a precise specific object goes in a precise specific location relative to something else? How much of it is randomly generated but within specific guidelines? How is placement of the whole biome determined?
I guess you're talking about the mineshaft ?
The examplemod is a good starting point if you're planning on creating/understanding how worldgen works with TModloader.

My mineshaft is a "complexified" case of the well from said mod.

I'd advice you coming to the discord if you want more details about it !

I'm a little shocked it's so quiet on here, considering how polished this mod appears to be! (Although maybe that's a good thing, since nobody has anything to complain about) I've had it installed alongside a number of other larger content mods for awhile now, but I was avoiding it at first because I was worried it was going to be just another dime a dozen, unbalanced mod that adds overpowered undertale weapons or whatever. And what a mistake that was! During my playthroughs focused on other classes, I would occasionally pick up a weapon from orchid and would always think to myself, "Man, how come this mod I've barely heard anything about has such cool spells?"

So, the time has come for me to finally check out this mod in full! It might take me a bit to finish my playthrough, but I'm excited to finally try out the shaman class. I'll try to remember to leave some feedback here once I make some progress!

Hi, your mod sounds interesting to fool around in.

Curious about the Gambler.

Is it possible to have an NPC that will sell the chip weapons as well? Attacking with cards to get them seems fine, but I feel like it will become a grindfest without an alternative way to get them.

As for the card weapon(s)...I'm not sure if I understand it right, but does that mean the cards will be discarded into a 'can't be reused till the rest of the cards are used up' area kind of thing or does it go back into the deck? Or does it do something else? Normally, I'd associate a gambler and playing cards with typically Poker or Blackjack, but I suppose you're doing something more similiar to Magic: The Gathering or Yu-Gi-Oh...which doesn't make much sense to me as new cards always get added in, rule changes and other stuff like that.

Moving along, yet not: back to NPCs. Will there be any of them, even if it's just to have them sell spare items or furniture based on the classes?

Hi, your mod sounds interesting to fool around in.

Curious about the Gambler.

Is it possible to have an NPC that will sell the chip weapons as well? Attacking with cards to get them seems fine, but I feel like it will become a grindfest without an alternative way to get them.

As for the card weapon(s)...I'm not sure if I understand it right, but does that mean the cards will be discarded into a 'can't be reused till the rest of the cards are used up' area kind of thing or does it go back into the deck? Or does it do something else? Normally, I'd associate a gambler and playing cards with typically Poker or Blackjack, but I suppose you're doing something more similiar to Magic: The Gathering or Yu-Gi-Oh...which doesn't make much sense to me as new cards always get added in, rule changes and other stuff like that.

Moving along, yet not: back to NPCs. Will there be any of them, even if it's just to have them sell spare items or furniture based on the classes?

When you use a Gambler card, it ends up in a "special" inventory, acting as your deck. When attacking as a gambler, cards from that deck are drawn at random regularly, and you have to use the card you drawn like you'd use any other weapon, but essentially having to adapt to whatever is given to you, in terms of usestyle, projectile behaviour, etc.
This allows me to make "unbalanced" or different weapons, since they are drawn at random, and compensed by weaker weapons.

Both the gambler and alchemist class will have a custom NPC tied to them, selling important items (these classes does not really follow the vanilla logic, and some of them are almost mandatory).

All this info alow with development updates can be found on the discord server, I highly advise you to join if you're interested in the mod !
Nonetheless, I reallyhope the upcoming classes will match your expectations :dryadwink:

gotcha, all I know about this mod is from the wiki. As I don‘t usually have access to terraria. Idea for fragment. Gambler‘s lunar fragments are called chance fragments

Last edited:
I find the mod really good and I was wandering how do you get the courier to move in? I'm trying to play as the gambler class

I find the mod really good and I was wandering how do you get the courier to move in? I'm trying to play as the gambler class
Having any gambler card in your deck will get him to move.
Essentially, if you got the gambler deck item at some point, you're good

Back
Top Bottom