PC Ore and Bar value research. What's worth to sell?

Does this interest you in any way?

• Total voters

Sapharan

The Destroyer
Hello,

I recently made a little bit of research for my modification. And i found pretty interesting stuff. Every one tells that it's best to mine up ores and sell ores, instead of bars. But is this true? Let's play Mythbusters here. From my research i came up with few results. It's better to sell Silver, Tungsten, Gold, Platinum, Orichalcum, and Titanum ore than bars, because number of pieces of ore required to create a bar will yeld you more gold, than actual bar itself. It doesn't matter what you will sell if it's Copper, Tin, Iron, Lead, Demonite, Cobalt, Palladium, Mythrill and Adamantite. Both bars and number of ore used to create bars are worth same amount of gold. What about Crimtane, Meteorite and Chloropthyte? Well, you better sell bars than ores. Here is why. Single piece of crimtane ore is sold for 9 silver. Single Crimtane bar for 40 silver.

Number of ore pieces required to make a single Crimtane bar is 4. Let's do the math:

Code:
9*400=3600

3600<4000

4 pieces of Crimtane ore are 10% cheaper than Crimtane Bar.

Meteorite has similar stuff.

Code:
4*200= 800

800<1400

4 pieces of meteorite ore is around 43% cheaper than single meteorite bar.

What about chlorophyte? Well now the fun begins.

Code:
6*50=300

300<9000

6 pieces of Chlorophyte ore is 97% cheaper than a single bar. NINETY SEVEN PERCENT. That's a lot of money. But can you make even more money from that? Ofcourse you can. Transform them into Shroomite bars. Single glowing mushroom is sold for 10 copper, you need 15 to make shroomite bar. 15 glowing mushrooms are worth 150 copper. But Shroomite Bar is worth 1 gold coin, while Chlorophyte Bar is worth 90 silver. 15 Glowing Mushrooms give additional 10 silver, while being worth 1,5 silver.

Let's make some money :D

That's something I knew for a long time ago ,and no, crimtane/demonite sells for the same price.. lol

I'm really wondering who "everyone" is and why they keep on telling you to do the wrong thing.

I thought this one was a vox populi thing by now...

That's something I knew for a long time ago ,and no, crimtane/demonite sells for the same price.. lol
Nope. Single Crimtane bar is sold for 40 silver, while four pieces of Crimtane Ore is sold for 36 silver. My source? Game itself, wiki, and the source code of the game. Demonite sells for the same price, that's true, but not Crimtane. Crimtane has different values.

Nope. Single Crimtane bar is sold for 40 silver, while four pieces of Crimtane Ore is sold for 36 silver. My source? Game itself, wiki, and the source code of the game. Demonite sells for the same price, that's true, but not Crimtane. Crimtane has different values.
That's like 10 gold I've lost during my entire life.

Nice job! I already knew about the crimtane and ebonite, but I wasn't so sure about the other ores. Guess I didn't really think about it much. But I'm thinking this could be really helpful! Thanks, keep on helping make people's gameplay experience a little better. :)

Back
Top Bottom