Biomes & Nature Ore changes - Making Shroomite it's own ore and many more!

Should this turn into an real thing?

• Yeah, i am busy with farming that much, so please!

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • No, i like farming.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I only like the idea with the Celestial Bars.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I only like the idea with the Shroomite Ore.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • This is useless.

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Burst

Empress of Light
Howdy, this is a suggestion I've came up with.

Time for some ore changes.

Shroomite
"Glows bright"

We all know the struggle about making Shroomite Bars. Finding a glowing mushroom biome is stressing and making a farm does help that much. So it's time for a change!
If you infuse Chlorophyte Ore with the Dark Blue Solution, it will turn into Shroomite Ore. 6 of them at a Autohammer will make you Shroomite Bars, for all your ranged needs. It's mineable with a Spectre Pickaxe or higher.

Spectrite
"Congealed ectoplasm"

After Plantera's defeat, a message will say: "Your dungeon has been haunted with Spectrite!", which means, around the dungeon, some pockets of Spectrite will appear. 6 of them at a Adamantite/Titanium Furnace will give you Spectre Bars, for all your mage needs. It's only mineable with a Spectre Pickaxe.

Fragments
"The underground has been blessed by celestial forces!"

Now we have that outta the way. Time for some more stuff. After the Moon Lord, the Celestial Fragments will infuse with stones in the underground.

That means, you will find Fragment-ore-like-blocks in the underground. Some appears in a orange color, some in a bright blue, some in a teal and some in a purple color. Mining them will give you their respective fragments. Mining now serves a purpose - even after the Moon Lord.

In that way, you won't have to fight the celestial forces over and over again. There's a downside, through. It will spawn in very small veins. It can stack to three times, that means, if you defeat the Moon Lord, it will spawn more of the fragment ores, however, only up to the third Moon Lord. After your third moon lord kill, no more fragment ore will be spawned if you kill additional moon lords.

SO!
That's it for this suggestion.
Suggest some stuff down below!

CREDITS:

@MinerTurtle45 - for the Spectre Ore suggestion
@Muninn - for suggesting Spectrite as ore name.
Re-Logic - for creating this awesome game

Post revamped since March 12th, 2018

Last edited:
I've got another idea, make Spectre Ore spawn in small piles around the dungeon (and maybe grow until there's a certain amount there?), and make it so that you can still make Spectre Bars normally, but if you get a Spectre Pickaxe you can mine the ore and get the bars a bit easier.

I've got another idea, make Spectre Ore spawn in small piles around the dungeon (and maybe grow until there's a certain amount there?), and make it so that you can still make Spectre Bars normally, but if you get a Spectre Pickaxe you can mine the ore and get the bars a bit easier.

Good idea. Time for an revamp.

This was really vague and I had to read it a few times to understand that you meant we had to turn the chlorophyte ore into shroomite ore with a clentaminator and blue solution. Thanks for that.

Also, I don't really understand or like the idea of dungeon having "spectre ore" or however that works. You didn't explain it at all.
Anyways, I just don't see a use for making everything an ore. A new way to obtain chlorophyte is all we need.

Name changes:
Spectre ore = Spectrite
"Congealed ectoplasm"
Stardust Ore = Buried Star
"Warm and unyielding"
Vortex Ore = Frozen Vortex
"It swirls within"
Solar Ore = Solarite
"It burns to the touch"
Nebula Ore = Nebula Orb
"An orb of nothingness"

Support. The presentation could do a little work (emphasis on a little), maybe arrange the ideas into spoilers, but this is good. I also like Muninn's name ideas and tooltips.

Back
Top Bottom