NPCs & Enemies ore trader npc

Flashstriker

Plantera
Inspired by an ore prospector idea by lifelessloser3399
Ore trader: do you have large amounts of useless ores?
Player: why yes, i -
Ore trader: then bring it to me! I will test it to make sure it is pure, then buy it off you for a reasonable price! Bars and ores excepted, but no bi-products please

In case you can't telll, the ore trader takes your unwanted bars and ores and gives you money for them. The prices arent decided yet, but would be mmore than the price when sold to normal merchant NPCs.

Quotes (WIP) -
You know, me and (merchant name) are brothers? Yeah, we both give you great deals!

Idea - after selling X amount of ores/bars, the ore trader would say after the trade "here, you can make better use of this than me" and give you a pan sieve. this could be either an item that when used in ponds works similar to an extractinator, only not a 100% chance. something like a 5% chance each use (because it auto-uses). alternativly it could be placed like an extractinator and when water hits it or water buckets are used on it, it has a 15% (?) chance to give you ores

You realized we also have tax collector in the game? its good enough farm money there. Geez, I can duplicate my money anytime I want just save world into another folder, take the money that is process deleteing and repaste same world over and over. I am duplicate cheater here for money coins in the game.

You do realize you can already sell your bars don't you? [2]

I'm assuming your being sarcastic,since i've already answered this

You realized we also have tax collector in the game? its good enough farm money there. Geez, I can duplicate my money anytime I want just save world into another folder, take the money that is process deleteing and repaste same world over and over. I am duplicate cheater here for money coins in the game.

So your saying its a bad idea because of a none related NPC and because you duplicate your money? Good Reasons

There are tons of ways to make an extra buck. Adding a new npc that takes up space just so you can sell ores for a bit more... nah.
I'd love to see new npc's as long as they're useful. Plenty of npc's in the game already who I never visit. Don't feel another one should be added to the list.

This is a bad idea. So basically this npc is just for selling stuff. Why add a new npc just for that.

Edit: Constructive Criticism: While this current idea might not work, we could change it a little. First: The name Ore trader doesn't sound right, how about the Miner ore something.

Second: He should sell some ore at a random interval. Prehm only (can change) He could keep the increased price of the ore. Second he should sell the Miners Hat instead of the merchant.

You can Nit pick the ones you like.

Last edited:
There are tons of ways to make an extra buck. Adding a new npc that takes up space just so you can sell ores for a bit more... nah.
I'd love to see new npc's as long as they're useful. Plenty of npc's in the game already who I never visit. Don't feel another one should be added to the list.

At last, someone who has given a valid reason i haven't adressed in my Op for a reason they dislike this idea! Seriously though, now i look at this, it is a bit stupid. still, it was worth a try!

At last, someone who has given a valid reason i haven't adressed in my Op for a reason they dislike this idea! Seriously though, now i look at this, it is a bit stupid. still, it was worth a try!

All of us gave one valid reason, and that was that you can already sell bars. No offense to you, but this is a bad idea and thats that.

Back
Top Bottom