Game Mechanics Ores choice

Clark Higgs

Terrarian
Hi!
Why not give the opportunity to choose the ore that you like?
For example, I like the classic types of ores (copper, iron, silver, gold...). I know, they are weaker than alternative ores, but they seem to me more logical because coins are made of these ores.
For those who do not care, you can leave a random generation.

Attachments

• 111.png
    111.png
    373 KB · Views: 1,390
Hi!
For example, I like the classic types of ores (copper, iron, silver, gold...). I know, they are weaker than alternative ores, but they seem to me more logical because coins are made of these ores.

This is a great idea. I've restarted worlds sometimes solely for the purpose of getting certain ores. Mostly for decorative purposes though. In addition adding this to Hardmode would be even better. I hate it when I get that pink ore.

I know there's fishing/extractinator but some builds take thousands of blocks and those methods take too much time.

Sure, why not. More options is always nice, although if this gets implemented, I can see people immediately asking for more detailed settings because they want a certain combination of classic and alternative ores rather than all one or the other.

Also, you could always just use the 5162020 seed and get all ores, in a addition to various other benefits.

Damn that other seed!

What other various benefits are there? Aside from the music I heard that one already.

What other various benefits are there? Aside from the music I heard that one already.
You get both evil biomes and therefore all their associated materials and items (and bosses), and there are more buildings in the underworld in which to find items. Other changes are mostly cosmetic and make the world a bit more interesting, like more living trees, desert/ice floating islands, jungle and ice existing on the same side of the map, larger bee hives, granite and marble caves having swapped layouts, and dungeons being painted unusual colors. There's also a bunch of easter egg items that generate in chests and such.

Sure, why not. More options is always nice, although if this gets implemented, I can see people immediately asking for more detailed settings because they want a certain combination of classic and alternative ores rather than all one or the other.

Also, you could always just use the 5162020 seed and get all ores, in a addition to various other benefits.

Hmm, this is also an interesting idea, to generate all the ores in the world.
I would like more variety so that immediately there is gold and platinum, iron and lead, adamantium and titanium. Not just for 5162020 seed. All of these ores can be found in fishing and extractinator. Why not find all the ores in the mine? Yes, it will take a long time to collect the necessary ore (for armor, etc.), but we will have more variety!

I like this idea even more than the my original suggestion.

I created a separate thread with this suggestion, if someone likes it more than ores choice - All ores in one world

Last edited:
Hi!

Maybe instead of just one selection, add a separate menu that allows you to select each ore individually.

Edit: Oops, quoted the wrong person.

Maybe instead of just one selection, add a separate menu that allows you to select each ore manually.
I think Re-Logic will not make a separate menu for ore. But it would be nice if a separate program (maybe mod) appeared, where you can select various parameters of the world and click on the button "Generate seed", after that, introduce this seed when creating the world.

Back
Top Bottom