Weapons & Equip Origin Gear: a utility armor and others

This is a poll

• Total voters
This an awesome suggestion, definitely solves A. the problem of mining with mining armor being outright suicidal and B. the mass problem of those annoying slimes/zombies/other annoying enemies crowding around me while I build just begging to be killed go away.

Nice but a better idea for Frank... instead of the Fighter AI, he'd have his own AI.
He will charge a couple times, shoot at you, make leaps with his Propulsion Pack to make distance and construct either a turret or drone, only making a maximum of 1 drone and turret.
Be somewhat like a miniboss in a way

Nice but a better idea for Frank... instead of the Fighter AI, he'd have his own AI.
He will charge a couple times, shoot at you, make leaps with his Propulsion Pack to make distance and construct either a turret or drone, only making a maximum of 1 drone and turret.
Be somewhat like a miniboss in a way
The fighter AI is there to make him more derpy, not an actual menace.

Maybe we could get an end-game upgrade that requires fighting a stronger Frank maybe, who isn't as insane? Basically, he has a somewhat upgrade version of his ride now and when you fight him on the ground, he no longer uses the Fighter AI. He'll shoot laser volleys at you, leap past you if you get to close, hover above you to shoot you and probably be able to spawn a drone, having a maximum of 2 at a time.

The Propulsion Unit upgrade can add a bit of a horizontal speed boost and be able to act like the Booster Pack of Cave Story, allowing you to boost downward, upwards and sideway while hovering.
The drones and turrets can stay the same though, there could be more variety like S Type that shoots a spread, H Type that shoots heat laser like ray, etc.
The armor can be upgraded for more defense, though it will require the use of potions to upgrade some of it's boosts. From what I thought of so far, some pieces would have multiple versions.
Origin M Helmet would use Spelunker Potions and give the effect of highlighting treasures and ores, being crucial for miners.
Origin W Helmet would use Water Breathing, giving the effects of that, being suited for those wanted looking to be able to mine and build underwater
Origin L Breastplate would uses Obsidian Skins, giving the wearer the ability to survive in lava.

All I can think of for now.

Love it. Frank is one of the few Minibosses who could possibly act as both a Miniboss and an NPC, but with Quests/Sells origin cores for a high price.

Love it. Frank is one of the few Minibosses who could possibly act as both a Miniboss and an NPC, but with Quests/Sells origin cores for a high price.
Yeah, you'd fight him a second time but when you deal the killing blow, he just falls to the ground then gets back up a few seconds after as NPC. You knocked the insanity right outta him.

I think Frank should be cursed (sorry Frankie :() to be insane. This means that after defeating him, like with the clothier, he should become a villager NPC. With his trusty portable turret, he can defend himself in a home, and he sells the cores for ~1 platinum. However, that's too easy isn't it? that's why he should have huge buffs to his health.
You can still kill him for some $$$, but if you happen to take a new martian madness event item, the brain scrambler, you can restore his sanity after defeating his sweet ride :D

He can also sell other items. Any ideas for new items he could sell?

Back
Top Bottom