Terraria: Otherworld Otherworldly Sights & Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Music is Amazing... I can't deny it. Who can't? I love Otherworld, though, I'll have to buy it to stay in-date with the Terraria fans.. .3.

I think its a great idea to implement some rpg mechanics in the game. It will be an excellent way to test if everyone likes the changes. The game will be a great way to get the pulse of the community on different ideas and mechanics before some or all of them are possibly implemented into Terraria 2. I for one trust the judgement of the dev team and if they want to add some RPG elements into the game, fine by me. Pretty much anything other than completely altering the Terraria formula is fine. I know with definite certainty that it will come out stellar in the end, no matter what they add or subtract.

I am liking the sound and look so far. Interesting there is going to be something done with the space part of the world, wonder how floaty it will be up there... looks like a lot of different materials to work with when building, and sure that is just a fraction; as it is just a handful of biomes.:dryadhappy:

Sound amazing....... Just one thing, when you say space biome you mean like the floating islands on Terraria or like REAL space with spacecrafts, and aliens, and X-Wings and the Babilon 5 space station, and some guys from the second foundation and all?

probably a bit more to do with the area above the islands... As that even in Terraria is called space. Just a guess though...

i'll be honest, i am getting more and more displeased squtherworld, dear devs... its just that some things don't really seem to fit together. for instance, it just looks weird to have realystic trees sitting in minecrafty-style blocks. it is just weird.

and the music is good, but way outside the terraria chiptune style.

don't take this the hard way, it is just constructive criticism.

There's zero similarities with Minecraft's vector cubes. The art style is perfectly reminiscent of Golden Axe era gaming with some 2015 smoothness and lighting.

Google Images > Golden Axe

My only problem with the Corruption music is that it has too many drums, or that the drums are too prominent. And the electric guitar needs to either be removed or modified. I think it would better suit it's environment if it was more ominous and spooky. Less Rock n Roll, more Doom & Gloom. I like the end part though, the yell or roar or whatever that was.

Last edited:
I'll give my individual breakdowns on each of the songs featured.

Corruption: Holy hell. You turned a song that was in a minor key but was still upbeat and funky into one of the most menacing songs I've ever heard. The drums and bass provide this constant, oppressive feeling that make it feel like you're trying to desperately escape this sickly, barren land. Hopefully the Corruption will turn out to be more menacing overall in Otherworld; I feel like the Crimson had upstaged it with the music, design, and atmosphere.
Arctic: Welp, you got pretty damn far into my "Favourite Ice Level Music" list. Perhaps #2, right behind Snowman from MOTHER. Unlike a lot of other ice themes I hear, this one's much more uptempo, making it feel more like a bold adventure into the great white yonder rather than a chilly night to stay cozy in a cabin.
Space: This sounds like Your Precious Moon from Portal 2. And that's good, I liked Your Precious Moon. Basically what I mean is that it has tense instrumentation on relative silence, making it feel as if you're alone in this vast black emptiness...or are you?
Crystal Cave: I suppose it gives the feeling of having discovered a cave full of bright shinies, as well as a slight tense feeling as if--again--you're not alone. Not my favourite, but it gives a good feeling.

Overall, this is blowing Terraria's soundtrack out of the water, and I seriously respected Terraria's soundtrack! You're really outdoing yourself this time!

I like it, but it looks a bit strange. The breathing animations are straight in the uncanny valley.

It sounds and looks great! I think Otherworld is a great project and a beautiful spin-off of Terraria. I can't wait until its release! :)

hey re-logic i have a question for you guys can you make a mac version,im am a big fan i play it on mobile and it crashed i hope you make my wish :)

hey re-logic i have a question for you guys can you make a mac version,im am a big fan i play it on mobile and it crashed i hope you make my wish :)
Terraria for Mac will be coming soon after the 1.3 update is released at the end of the month :) Terraria: Otherworld will be released for both PC and Mac when it comes out this year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom