Terraria: Otherworld Otherworldly Sights & Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
so it looks like the days are shorter, atleast in space they are. i'm guessing the creators are going for a more realistic day and night cycle, since in real life when you're in space the days go by faster

Okay I have read so many people wanting Terraria on mac i can agree but you do Reallise that the dev's are working so hard on other things just be paitent
Thanks for the great spoilers the tunes are Sick!

P,S: I can't spell!

June 5, 2015: Otherworldly Sights & Sounds

Join us on a whirlwind tour of a handful of biomes that you will encounter in Terraria: Otherworld - accompanied by a selection of tunes from the game's epic soundtrack! We've always felt that music and sound really set the tone and atmosphere in Terraria, and Otherworld certainly continues that tradition...

kdcROYP.png

Terraria: Otherworld Spoiler Compendium
kdcROYP.png
Ooooooo, this looks and sounds real nice! Any idea how much Otherworld is gonna cost? I'll start saving up.

I was hoping for an amazing orchestrated version of the old Corruption theme, but this works pretty well, too :joy:

this is a day-one purchase for me once it comes out on console... well, if i have money when it comes out.

otherworld is looking and sounding amazing! :dryadpassionate:

i am also quite surprised at there being a real space biome in this game... i wanna make a space-house! :dryadhappy:

I have a feeling terraria otherworld will have alot of lore than the first terraria which I don't think had any

I don't want to sound like a wet blanket, because I'm sure the game is going to be fine, but I can't help but feel that Otherworld is just a reskinned Terraria made to function more like Starbound. It just sort of feels like a cash grab to me.

I don't want to sound like a wet blanket, because I'm sure the game is going to be fine, but I can't help but feel that Otherworld is just a reskinned Terraria made to function more like Starbound. It just sort of feels like a cash grab to me.

I don't think the intention is to be like Starbound at all; the design goals for T:OW are actually LESS like Starbound than regular Terraria. What elements, to you, make it "work more like Starbound", given that it features virtually none of the defining elements of Starbound, nor is its design direction similar to the quirks that distinguishes Starbound from Terraria? As for being a reskin . . . I don't think making a brand new game from the ground up with a completely new engine, music, enemies, graphics, gameplay, and design direction can be called a "reskin" under any conditions.

Another question is; where do you draw the line between a cash grab and making a new game? This is only the second Relogic game in 4 years, and its not even out yet; are ALL sequels a cash grab? And if not, what makes this a cash grab when other games aren't, especially considering 4 years of continued support and providing tons and tons of content free of charge? When does it become "okay" for a company to make a new game without it suddenly being a sign of greed?

Just something to consider. :)

None of that has been decided yet. Stay tuned for more information.
[DOUBLEPOST=1434374242,1434373714][/DOUBLEPOST]
You sound like a wet blanket-_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom