Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
My friends and I have been playing in this world since 1.4.0 came out. This world was originally created with the 05162020 seed and was being stored locally until a couple of days later when I moved it to the cloud.
Yesterday was the last time we were able to play. We had just defeated the Wall of Flesh a second time, defeated a goblin army invasion, and then Quit & Saved.
Today, I got the "Load Failed, No Backup Found." after trying to host the world. I turned off Cloud Sync to try and load locally, and manage to load the world to the time before the cloud sync (which is really early on in our playthrough). I've downloaded the corrupt file from Steam Cloud and attached it here (Steam Cloud doesn't seem to store the .bak file).

Really sad about this-- Hoping there's a solution to restore it. Help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Za_Warudo.wld
    3.2 MB · Views: 51
This is happening a lot. I would recommend making manual backups and DO NOT store your world in the cloud as that will increase the likelihood of a corruption like this occurring.

We are looking into some improvements to help avoid corruptions and improve the backup system. As stated, I would avoid using Cloud Save if possible.

We are looking into some improvements to help avoid corruptions and improve the backup system. As stated, I would avoid using Cloud Save if possible.

In the post about this by Loki, he explains that 1.4.0.4 implemented lines of codes to stop a corrupted world form loading. Once the origin of this corruption is discovered, couldn't it be fixed to allow us to load in again? Are there any hopes of us restoring our world or should we consider it gone for good?

Corrupt worlds mean that the data, or part of the data, has been entirely/lostdeleted. That can't be restored.

These worlds are permanently damaged in some way that can't be undone.

The bug here was that 1.4.0.3 was accidentally allowing these broken worlds to load at all, which most often resulted in broken/empty worlds loading into the server, though sometimes worlds would appear that looked normal, but their chests/NPCs were all missing, and chunks of the world would be gone.

Back
Top Bottom