Portfolio/Multi-Topic Overhaul Terraria's Difficulty.

He is the final boss in the game, let him remain difficult to beat. If you can fly around him and still win with minimal effort then it is broken.

He is the final boss in the game, let him remain difficult to beat. If you can fly around him and still win with minimal effort then it is broken.
yeah okay, tell that to someone who has only fought the moon lord like 2-3 times. they are basically bound to lose those 2-3 times, because of how difficult the fight is. So there's 40 minutes to a goddamn hour wasted on the lunar pillars.
the difficulty/"time it takes to get to the fight" ratio is :red:ing atrocious with this boss. The fact that you basically need a arena specially designed for the moon lord is bull:red:. And the fact that you need to kill the cultists, and do the pillars again is also bull:red:.
I've already gave up on the end game due to how stupid it is. And don't even get me started on the fact that his drops are RNG based, because that just makes this whole scenario worse.

I beat the guy on my second attempt. My strategy was to fly away on my Fishron mount whenever I got hurt by a serious amount of damage and use the shiny stone to heal up more.

If you want to counter it, try the ice rod :)

I beat the guy on my second attempt. My strategy was to fly away on my Fishron mount whenever I got hurt by a serious amount of damage and use the shiny stone to heal up more.

Every time I fly away from the boss it makes the laser undodgable, and I shouldn't have to use a single item to dodge a single attack when I can already easily dodge every other attack.

okay now I know you are stretching the truth somehow, because you can't get away from the moon lord at all. If you manage to somehow get away from him, he will teleport to you.

and again. The moon lord's attacls shouldn't be dodgable based on specific items or an arena. You never needed an arena or specific item to fight any other boss in the game. And this consistency should not be broken just because it's the final boss.

Well perhaps his attacks damage should be reduced or make the true eye of cthluhu targetable for that one. Though I can understand they kept buffing him to stop cheap tactics I can see when it has gone too far.

I don't understand this thread. You people complain that certain parts of the game are tedious and not optional, but when it's pointed out that these things clearly are optional and that there are workarounds you try to counter with that newer players couldn't do this? So what you're saying is that newer players should get a shortcut? How about we leave the shortcuts to good players so there's any point with skill? This game has always been about preparation and experience, and experimentation (man, I remember when the Guide was useless and only opening doors to let enemies into your house... now it almost feels like cheating that he tells you every crafting recipe in the game).

Seriously, this game has so many shortcuts if you just bother to learn them. Why introduce obvious ones? Just the other day I saw someone kill the Moon Lord using Molten Armour and a Minishark (Pre-Hardmode gear!). It wasn't skilful, just clever. He used a heart statue, a jellyfish statue and a Crossnecklace (and Cobalt shield, but that is optional since you can achieve the same effect using a hook). So I really don't see the point of adding easy shortcuts.

When I read the original post it seems to me like the perceived progression is Golem -> Martian Madness. But you've forgotten Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon (speaking of which, if there's any part of Terraria I think is slow it's farming those events... so dull having to wait a full "day" to try again - I wish there was a "set to night" item), as well as Duke Fishron. All of those give plenty of gear to prepare for the new stuff (which I think seems hard only because people haven't really figured them out yet by the way).

The beauty of this game is that you can chose yourself how you want to play it. The game doesn't tell you how to do it, just a suggestion to point you in the right direction. Have you for example considered the fact that mining for the hardmode ores gives the player a chance to get accustomed to the difficulty of the new enemies (=making them easier since you can start to predict them)?

(And also... in what way is the Destroyer harder than the other Mechs? I think it's by far the easiest one... and it's been nerfed enough all ready!)

I don't understand this thread. You people complain that certain parts of the game are tedious and not optional, but when it's pointed out that these things clearly are optional and that there are workarounds you try to counter with that newer players couldn't do this? So what you're saying is that newer players should get a shortcut? How about we leave the shortcuts to good players so there's any point with skill? This game has always been about preparation and experience, and experimentation (man, I remember when the Guide was useless and only opening doors to let enemies into your house... now it almost feels like cheating that he tells you every crafting recipe in the game).
Because sitting at a lake for an hour = skill
Seriously, this game has so many shortcuts if you just bother to learn them. Why introduce obvious ones? Just the other day I saw someone kill the Moon Lord using Molten Armour and a Minishark (Pre-Hardmode gear!). It wasn't skilful, just clever. He used a heart statue, a jellyfish statue and a Crossnecklace (and Cobalt shield, but that is optional since you can achieve the same effect using a hook). So I really don't see the point of adding easy shortcuts.
I call bull:red: on that one. You can't just do something like that. The tongue of the Moon Lord has a leeching effect which gives him significant amounts of health, much more than would be needed to counter the Minishark. (The Minishark would be doing 1 damage and the moon lord would be out-leeching it by miles.)
When I read the original post it seems to me like the perceived progression is Golem -> Martian Madness. But you've forgotten Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon (speaking of which, if there's any part of Terraria I think is slow it's farming those events... so dull having to wait a full "day" to try again - I wish there was a "set to night" item), as well as Duke Fishron. All of those give plenty of gear to prepare for the new stuff (which I think seems hard only because people haven't really figured them out yet by the way).
But the problem is is that 70% of the time you CAN'T avoid the martian probe, I've jumped down my hellevator and been spotted by one, and they're usually in a wall or a small hole underground, meaning I can't shoot them. Plus they're available as soon as Golem's killed.

The beauty of this game is that you can chose yourself how you want to play it. The game doesn't tell you how to do it, just a suggestion to point you in the right direction. Have you for example considered the fact that mining for the hardmode ores gives the player a chance to get accustomed to the difficulty of the new enemies (=making them easier since you can start to predict them)?

(And also... in what way is the Destroyer harder than the other Mechs? I think it's by far the easiest one... and it's been nerfed enough all ready!)
Of course, it's just that the game gets incredibly tedious in some parts when they could easily be not tedious.
And as someone who experienced 1.1, the game gives enough time to get used to Hardmode as-is, the removal of having to mine for a Cobalt & Mythril Drill would do practically nothing in that area. Rather than giving players an annoying tedious part of the game they have to sludge through, how about we make enemies beforehand harder to both make hell not a joke, and make players be able to go through Hardmode without feeling completely overwhelmed.

Also, the Destroyer's laser spam is near impossible to dodge, that's why I find him the hardest.

guys if you really need to kill the moon lord just go a guy called HappyDays on youtube and search moon lord and he will have an easy arena to defeat normal moon lord and expert moon lord

I call bull:red: on that one. You can't just do something like that. The tongue of the Moon Lord has a leeching effect which gives him significant amounts of health, much more than would be needed to counter the Minishark. (The Minishark would be doing 1 damage and the moon lord would be out-leeching it by miles.)

But the problem is is that 70% of the time you CAN'T avoid the martian probe, I've jumped down my hellevator and been spotted by one, and they're usually in a wall or a small hole underground, meaning I can't shoot them. Plus they're available as soon as Golem's killed.

Of course, it's just that the game gets incredibly tedious in some parts when they could easily be not tedious.
And as someone who experienced 1.1, the game gives enough time to get used to Hardmode as-is, the removal of having to mine for a Cobalt & Mythril Drill would do practically nothing in that area. Rather than giving players an annoying tedious part of the game they have to sludge through, how about we make enemies beforehand harder to both make hell not a joke, and make players be able to go through Hardmode without feeling completely overwhelmed.

Also, the Destroyer's laser spam is near impossible to dodge, that's why I find him the hardest.
uuh, hate to break it to you, but destroyer laser spam isn't at all impossible to dodge. So long as you keep moving, you will take very minimal damage. Yes maybe you will get hit by 1 or 2 here and there, but that's not a huge issue. You WILL get hit during a boss fight, or else what's the point in the boss?

uuh, hate to break it to you, but destroyer laser spam isn't at all impossible to dodge. So long as you keep moving, you will take very minimal damage. Yes maybe you will get hit by 1 or 2 here and there, but that's not a huge issue. You WILL get hit during a boss fight, or else what's the point in the boss?
feel the same way the boss need to be difficult or otherwise what is the point of the endgame? its supposto be hard and just try until u get it dont say that the moon lord needs a nerf hes a good boss the final boss even

uuh, hate to break it to you, but destroyer laser spam isn't at all impossible to dodge. So long as you keep moving, you will take very minimal damage. Yes maybe you will get hit by 1 or 2 here and there, but that's not a huge issue.

Unless you're way high up in the sky or using asphalt or the like, the lasers do continuously hit you.

This video shows what I mean clearly. Even when drifting through the air with wings, continuously hit.

Edit: But being able to mitigate it (which is very easy) is a complete different story.

More like 8 min (1 Fishing potion and 3 Crate potions). It will give you plenty enough to skip tedious mining, and go straight to Hallowed/Chlorophyte or whatever. I wasn't talking about fishing in particular however.

Sorry, it was the Megashark. Still the same principle however.

For the rest I don't really have anything more to say. It seems to me that you're complaining for the sake of complaining.

Back
Top Bottom