Portfolio/Multi-Topic Overhaul Terraria's Difficulty.

That's why I'm buffing various things in normal mode.
I hate how Normal Mode puts you in this sense of false godlyhood and then Hardmode comes and becomes frustrating.

It's not really false; you start relatively "fresh" when you hit hard mode; just as someone else mentioned. It basically starts you off as your best stuff is crap once more and you have to rise to even greater challenges. I mean just like in normal-normal mode (I'll call it that just for specifics) you'll feel godly after obtaining top tier in normal-hardmode as well. I think you should feel good about yourself so you're confident in fighting the WoF, it's not really misleading you as much as knocking you down a peg where you belong as new tiers of Gear/Enemies are unlocked.

You don't need to craft the forge or the mythril drill.
You only need the anvil as the forge only allows you to turn higher end ores into bars. If you follow my method, you can skip the higher end tools and armour and go straight to hallowed. You can also use the Reaver Shark instead of a molten pick as it is faster and still mines at 100% (strong enough for molten). You don't need much mythril ore to be able to obtain enough to make the anvil, also cobalt is very abundant. This can take 5 minutes, obviously, it would take longer if you make armour but molten is good enough (17% extra damage is nothing to laugh at).

You don't need to craft the forge or the mythril drill.
You only need the anvil as the forge only allows you to turn higher end ores into bars. If you follow my method, you can skip the higher end tools and armour and go straight to hallowed. You can also use the Reaver Shark instead of a molten pick as it is faster and still mines at 100% (strong enough for molten). You don't need much mythril ore to be able to obtain enough to make the anvil, also cobalt is very abundant. This can take 5 minutes, obviously, it would take longer if you make armour but molten is good enough (17% extra damage is nothing to laugh at).
You need the Adamantite Forge for Chlorophyte. I don't think I need to say anything else.

Chlorophyte is also optional, as Hallowed has very good defence and melee speed (best in the game for melee speed). If your going melee (and damage) hallowed can get you all the way past plantera, golem and even the culist/pillars and the moon lord himself.

Even if you are planning on getting chlorophyte, could you collect adamantite at the same time? After all, nothing is like killing two birds with one stone.

Chlorophyte is also optional, as Hallowed has very good defence and melee speed (best in the game for melee speed). If your going melee (and damage) hallowed can get you all the way past plantera, golem and even the culist/pillars and the moon lord himself.

Even if you are planning on getting chlorophyte, could you collect adamantite at the same time? After all, nothing is like killing two birds with one stone.
Chlorophyte is not optional. First off, once again, you are catering towards experienced players. Second, you need Chloro for Spectre, Beetle, and Shroomite armour. Beating the Lunar event and the Moon Lord with Hallowed is not something that a player is expected to do.

Additionally, expecting a player to not gather an ore that they've explicitly been told exists, and implied to be a degree more powerful than their current gear is game design madness. I really don't know why you're insisting they just skip these progression levels. What exactly would you lose out on by making the first 3 hardmode ores minable with the Molten pickaxe?

Melee speed for melee uses is better than increased damage; as with melee speed you are increasing the amount of hits you can perform in a set amount of time. Chlorophyte (before plantera) is very skipable as you don't have access to the hardmode dungeon (no spectre then :( ) and the jungle temple (no beetle :( ) and lets not forget shroomite (the Truffle does not sell the auto hammer till plantera's defeat).

Even after Plantera's defeat, you are better off just marching into the temple and taking on Golem with his own traps.

All because a item is obtained earlier does not have it inferior, after all, your only arguments towards fishing and changing the molten pick was 'it is tedious and boring' so I doubt you would want to obtain shroomite, beetle or spectre because it is tedious and boring itself.

All because a item is obtained earlier does not have it inferior, after all, your only arguments towards fishing and changing the molten pick was 'it is tedious and boring' so I doubt you would want to obtain shroomite, beetle or spectre because it is tedious and boring itself.
I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to.

Anyway, once again, you're catering towards experienced players. New players WILL go for those items. If you refuse to start accounting for newer players, your arguments are invalid, and I will cease to respond to you.

New players will likely go for those items but I was referring to your statement to 'mining for the ores is boring and tedious'. Your statements are invalid as that is an opinion and it will not refer to everyone. Though I do not think the molten pick should gain any power so it can mine admantite. After all, the hardmode ore picks/tools are already useless as they are, buffing them will make the other picks lose meaning and people wouldn't craft them.

This whole thread will not help any new players in terms of making it easier. All it would do is help them advance quicker and finish the game, and if they are spending less time mining, they will likely not experience the whole game (or fail to get some of those juicy rare drops).
If you want help new players then I suggest making the mining part of the game LONGER! Yes, I know, more grind but this will allow new players to explore more underground and spend less time grinding for rare drops (if they happen to come across them).

Me, who also plays minecraft (sometimes, I play terraria a lot more though), I enjoy the mining part of terraria and finding new items. In fact, my first time playing terraria I was amazed by the crafting. Collecting ores and bars, then taking on a boss... getting more supplies... taking on a tougher boss... is pretty much how the game has always worked.

I was deliberately contradicting you due to your ignorant opinion of 'mining is boring and tedious' has it was an opinion and some people may be better than overs. Yes, some people may take on a boss with adamantite armor as they feel they need it, though some people may take on a boss with gathering little supplies and still succeed. If you really want to get technical you could argue that every armour in terraria is optional (just recommended) as after all, there is nothing stopping you fighting the moon lord completely naked :p .

New players will likely go for those items but I was referring to your statement to 'mining for the ores is boring and tedious'. Your statements are invalid as that is an opinion and it will not refer to everyone. Though I do not think the molten pick should gain any power so it can mine admantite. After all, the hardmode ore picks/tools are already useless as they are, buffing them will make the other picks lose meaning and people wouldn't craft them.

This whole thread will not help any new players in terms of making it easier. All it would do is help them advance quicker and finish the game, and if they are spending less time mining, they will likely not experience the whole game (or fail to get some of those juicy rare drops).
If you want help new players then I suggest making the mining part of the game LONGER! Yes, I know, more grind but this will allow new players to explore more underground and spend less time grinding for rare drops (if they happen to come across them).

Me, who also plays minecraft (sometimes, I play terraria a lot more though), I enjoy the mining part of terraria and finding new items. In fact, my first time playing terraria I was amazed by the crafting. Collecting ores and bars, then taking on a boss... getting more supplies... taking on a tougher boss... is pretty much how the game has always worked.

I was deliberately contradicting you due to your ignorant opinion of 'mining is boring and tedious' has it was an opinion and some people may be better than overs. Yes, some people may take on a boss with adamantite armor as they feel they need it, though some people may take on a boss with gathering little supplies and still succeed. If you really want to get technical you could argue that every armour in terraria is optional (just recommended) as after all, there is nothing stopping you fighting the moon lord completely naked :p .
The problem with Hardmode is that there is NOTHING TO DO besides mine and craft, you HAVE to do it if you want to be able to craft 90% of Hardmode's goodies and stuff that's practically NEEDED for the game. In the beginning you could always mine, explore, kill stuff, and loot chests and whatnot and be perfectly geared for bosses. In Hardmode you NEED to mine these ores or else you aren't going to be able to experience 90% of Hardmode's goodies. And you can't find a workaround either, you HAVE to do it. People who want to get over with it WILL get over with it, people who want to keep mining WILL keep mining.

Terrarian 2 has a point though, you don't even need any chlorophyte. It IS completely optional, even for me (the little scrub who can't beat Duke Fishron)
I played ranger on Hardcore and I had no problems beating Golem and Plantera with Hallowed armour.

Terrarian 2 has a point though, you don't even need any chlorophyte. It IS completely optional, even for me (the little scrub who can't beat Duke Fishron)
I played ranger on Hardcore and I had no problems beating Golem and Plantera with Hallowed armour.
Chlorophyte's needed to make Shroomite, Turtle, and Spectre.
It's not that it isn't NEEDED, it's just that me and many other people find the mining part of the game incredibly tedious and annoying.

Mining is at the core of terraria. It is like suggesting that a copper pick should be able to break demonite all because you don't fancy making a gold pick.

If you don't like mining, then why play? Progressing in terraria is done mostly by mining and exploring...

Mining is at the core of terraria. It is like suggesting that a copper pick should be able to break demonite all because you don't fancy making a gold pick.

If you don't like mining, then why play? Progressing in terraria is done mostly by mining and exploring...
It's not that I don't like mining, it's that the hardmode mining is NEEDLESSLY TEDIOUS.

Well, I feel like this is the essence of Hardmode!
It is like prehardmode, but you start with kinda good equipment.
And you gotta redo all the mining.
Why not just get spelunker potions and dive in your already explored caves?
Kinda like you can easily find hellstone using dangersense potions...

Well, I feel like this is the essence of Hardmode!
It is like prehardmode, but you start with kinda good equipment.
And you gotta redo all the mining.
Why not just get spelunker potions and dive in your already explored caves?
Kinda like you can easily find hellstone using dangersense potions...
See, here's the thing.
Adamantite is stupid rare even with spelunker potions, and you need the forge to get hardmode stuffs. Imagine if every time you wanted to get a new ore in prehardmode, you had to get a new pickaxe, that'd be annoying ,right?

But the question remains...
Do you actually use more than 30 adamantite ore?
Like, really. I only made a titanium repeater and beat all 3 mechs.
Even if it's rare, you can still save crates for Hardmode and open them to get some juicy loot (that's how I got titanium)

But the question remains...
Do you actually use more than 30 adamantite ore?
Like, really. I only made a titanium repeater and beat all 3 mechs.
Even if it's rare, you can still save crates for Hardmode and open them to get some juicy loot (that's how I got titanium)
The question is not wheter or not I need the adamantite, the question is does the fact that does it add anything to the game, having to craft two extra drills?

I think another thing that is worth mentioning, is that the moon lord's laser is basically impossible to dodge without a rod of discord, and or some insane speed boost. The issue is that while he is firing it, he is still moving, so there is no way you can pivot around his eye. There is no way you can get to the place that you can dodge the laser in time before it already hit you. I suggest making the moon lord completely stop moving when it fires the laser, if not, he moves slow enough so that anyone with any build has a chance to dodge it.

Back
Top Bottom