PC Overlay does not work in Terraria.

Doshu

Terrarian
Hi, I don't speak English. I use a translator.
Once I had a pirated copy of the game, you could add it to the steam library and enjoy the game. I have worked overlay and fps was more. I decided that this game is worth buying, although I have already passed on pirates. But I have a problem, the game does not work overlay and does not even show the frame rate per second, which can be turned on or off in steam settings, in other games everything works for me.
I searched all over the Internet for a solution to my problem, but I couldn't find it. Help me, please.
I restarted the computer.
I restarted the game and steam
I reinstalled steam and the game
I have included the overlay in the steam settings and the properties of the game.
My friends do not have this problem, they can connect to me, and I do not because of the lack of overlay.

Go to your installation directory for the game which should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria.

Right click Terraria and click on properties. Click on the compatibility tab and select the run as administrator checkbox. Now launch the game through steam.

Let me know if this helped you or not.

I've got something going on. I did everything as you said, but it is interesting that the overlay works if you run Terraria from the directory of the game, and if through Steam, the overlay does not work.

I remember someone with this exact issue with the exact symptoms reinstalled steam after they found out that the overlay only doesn't work if launched from steam.

One thing you might want to try before reinstalling steam is disable overlay for Terraria then start the game up. Close it down normally then re-enable the steam overlay for the game. Then see if the problem is resolved.

I reinstalled almost all steam except Userdata, Steamapps, Config, Steam.exe. Nothing has changed

I'm a bit confused on how you only reinstalled parts of steam. When uninstalling through the control panel does it give you options as to what parts to reinstall? You may want to consider backing up the sections you didn't reinstall to another location on your computer or drive then reinstall all sections of steam.

Did the second paragraph in my post above also yield no result?

Have you ever enabled compatibility mode for an older operating system for Terraria? If so does turning it off bring back the overlay?

I deleted steam through the directory, not through the control panel Is necessary in order not to delete all the games, etc. Yes, the second method did not give results.
I have turned on and off compatibility with Windows 7 and Windows 8. If you run the game as administrator or as usual, the overlay will stop working. I'm going to try removing everything from the Steam folder except steamapps.

You'll be able to re-download any and all of your games after the reinstallation process is finished. (most games don't keep their save data in steamapps if that's what you're worried about if you'd like you can tell me which games you're worried about and we can back up the data before using the usual method)

There are things done during the uninstall besides simply deleting the files and folders in various locations. I highly recommend doing the uninstall through the control panel so we can verify that reinstalling steam does not solve the issue for you.

Back
Top Bottom