Game Mechanics Overpowered- Hallowed Item Crafting

Fredbear

Official Terrarian
The hallowed equipment is too easy to craft. This makes the Gungnir the easiest money maker. I suggest that we make crafting Hallowed items less of a walk in the park. Hallowed armor should have cooler and much rewarding set bonuses and also make the crafting recipes feature more bars than usual.

Hallowed Mask
Crafted with 12 Hallowed Bars and 15 Souls of Might

Hallowed Helmet
Crafted with 12 Hallowed Bars and 15 Souls of Sight

Hallowed Headgear
Crafted with 12 Hallowed Bars and 15 souls of Fright

Hallowed Plate Mail
Crafted with 28 Hallowed Bars and 20 Souls of Light

Hallowed Greaves
Crafted with 24 Hallowed Bars and 15 Souls of Light

Set Bonuses
-Mask: Shows a cross above player, significantly increasing Melee Speed and Blessed upon weapon strike.
-Helmet: Shows a cross above player, significantly decreasing bullet cost. All bullets glow yellowish white and has a chance to inflict Blessed. Bullets retain bullet perks. (ex. Chlorophyte can inflict Blessed and still keeps its homing ability.)
-Headgear: Shows a cross above player, adding 120+ mana and reduces mana costs by a bit (10% reduction). Magic attacks can inflict blessed upon user (you get the buff instead of the enemy.

Buffs
-Blessed
%10 Movement Speed
%15 Increased All Damage
+2 Defense

Lasts 10 seconds. Blessed debuff is basically just the reverse of the latter.

Weapons

Light Disk
4 Hallowed Bars, 10 Souls of Light, 6 Souls of Might
Produces the light that regular torches produce. Inflicts Blessed.

Excalibur
20 Hallowed Bars, 5 of each mechanical soul.
Inflicts Blessed.

Gungnir
18 Hallowed Bars, 5 of each mechanical soul,
Inflicts Blessed, price equalized with Excalibur.

Hallowed Repeater
16 Hallowed Bars, 5 of each mechanical soul.
Arrows glow and have a chance to inflict blessed. Arrows split into 2.

I hope this thread balances hallowed gear. Mining tools remain the same.

The thing was, at one point hallowed gear did require boss souls to make.

Keep in mind, that at this point, a lot of players couldn't actually beat all the bosses.

Hallowed gear is fine as it is, really. Call it casualizing, but actually defeating all three mechanicals with only adamantite is not something just everybody can do. The way it is now, more players have a chance to progress to endgame, and that whole part of the game is streamlined a bit to not take several fights of every single boss to make everything. As it is, without repeat victories, beating all three bosses is on average barely enough to make a full suit of armor let alone the other stuff you would make as well. It's not exactly like players are killing a boss once and are suddenly stomping around OP for the others.

Maybe the Hallowed armour shuldn't be retiered, but I do like the idea of giving the Hallowed items some sort of unique effect, because right now, AdamanTitanium armour is outright better than Hallowed, and that's just not right.

The hallowed equipment is too easy to craft. This makes the Gungnir the easiest money maker. I suggest that we make crafting Hallowed items less of a walk in the park. Hallowed armor should have cooler and much rewarding set bonuses and also make the crafting recipes feature more bars than usual.

Hallowed Mask
Crafted with 12 Hallowed Bars and 15 Souls of Might

Hallowed Helmet
Crafted with 12 Hallowed Bars and 15 Souls of Sight

Hallowed Headgear
Crafted with 12 Hallowed Bars and 15 souls of Fright

Hallowed Plate Mail
Crafted with 28 Hallowed Bars and 20 Souls of Light

Hallowed Greaves
Crafted with 24 Hallowed Bars and 15 Souls of Light

Set Bonuses
-Mask: Shows a cross above player, significantly increasing Melee Speed and Blessed upon weapon strike.
-Helmet: Shows a cross above player, significantly decreasing bullet cost. All bullets glow yellowish white and has a chance to inflict Blessed. Bullets retain bullet perks. (ex. Chlorophyte can inflict Blessed and still keeps its homing ability.)
-Headgear: Shows a cross above player, adding 120+ mana and reduces mana costs by a bit (10% reduction). Magic attacks can inflict blessed upon user (you get the buff instead of the enemy.

Buffs
-Blessed
%10 Movement Speed
%15 Increased All Damage
+2 Defense

Lasts 10 seconds. Blessed debuff is basically just the reverse of the latter.

Weapons

Light Disk
4 Hallowed Bars, 10 Souls of Light, 6 Souls of Might
Produces the light that regular torches produce. Inflicts Blessed.

Excalibur
20 Hallowed Bars, 5 of each mechanical soul.
Inflicts Blessed.

Gungnir
18 Hallowed Bars, 5 of each mechanical soul,
Inflicts Blessed, price equalized with Excalibur.

Hallowed Repeater
16 Hallowed Bars, 5 of each mechanical soul.
Arrows glow and have a chance to inflict blessed. Arrows split into 2.

I hope this thread balances hallowed gear. Mining tools remain the same.
Uhhh.. 15 soul for the armor? We kinda use the souls for other weapons. The twins was hard enough for me and I don't thing of using the souls on armor...

Back
Top Bottom