Overrated TV shows

Dexter. Definitely Dexter. We were promised a TV show about a serial killer with no conscience, we ended up getting a TV show about a vigilante who loves monologue and has so much conscience that by the end of the show he does that Batman thing where he fakes his own death "to protect them". Well actually, so he can live as a lumberjack for the rest of his life (yeah spoiler, big whoop, I did you a favor).

Also True Blood, started off interesting, revolving around the social and economic impact vampires would have if they became part of society. I have no idea how it ends, I stopped watching it when the protagonist got resurrected and turned into a goddess... and no I didn't misspell "god". Before long fairies showed up, vampire illuminatis, corrupt politicians plotting to 9/11 the vampire population, some very very stereotypical Yakuza types, prophecy, werewolves and pretty much everything that made Twilight so cringe worthy.

There's also Breaking Bad. Not nearly as bad as these two, but hardly the mind blowing stuff people make it out to be.

I'd say 99% of TV shows over the last decade have been garbage. It'd be easier to list the exceptions.

I really hate Doctor Who though. One of the worst Sci-Fi Series ever.

Steven universe is stupidly overrated.

Same goes for every other show on cartoon network.
Personally the deeper tones and meanings embedded within Steven Universe's plot and characters makes it a fantastic experience. It's a kids show that isn't afraid to break the stereotypical mindset of most kids probably watching cartoons and that draws me back. Cartoon Network has a lot of failed forays but they have some of the best cartoons around. Only two I could say I enjoy from other channels are Gravity Falls and Spongebob.

Anime is overrated (i don't like it too much, really. My nerves start twitching after watching a bit)
MLP is overrated, because, well. Horses don't have their eyes so close, have bigger mouths, and their eyes are small! They aren't mutant flies with squeaky voices!
I also don't like the modern cartoons. Like, damn! They're dark, spooky, disgusting, and mostly dumb as heck.
Spoon

Well, let's go through the list.

Things I hate with a passion:
-South Park
-Adventure Time
-Dragon Ball and all other variations
-Spongebob
-Disney in and of itself

Things I find to be meh:
-Supernatural
-Most modern cartoons in general
-I've heard that Breaking Bad isn't deserving of the hype, and it never looked very interesting to me
-Doctor Who
-Steven Universe

Well, let's go through the list.

Things I hate with a passion:
-South Park
-Adventure Time
-Dragon Ball and all other variations
-Spongebob
-Disney in and of itself

Things I find to be meh:
-Supernatural
-Most modern cartoons in general
-I've heard that Breaking Bad isn't deserving of the hype, and it never looked very interesting to me
-Doctor Who
-Steven Universe

Not to be contradicting but you seem like one of those young fellows that only watch the shows present.

You sure aren't a 90's kid disliking DB and DBZ. You also aren't a late 80's kid or an early 2000's kid disliking Spongebob.

If anything, I can't think of one thing you can enjoy.

KEY: nothing but name: overrated but not necessarily bad
(bad and overrated) also bad

doctor who
every anime ever
ttg(bad and overrated)
adventure time
clarence

I will not go into all the shows in which I think is overrated.

Dragon Ball Z and its variations:
Reasons: Ok, I get that Dragon ball Z is about fighting and stuff, but it is not a good show in any means. It has horrible storyline, and even when it had story it was basically the same story over and over and over again. Most of the characters weren't developed enough, excluding Gohan, Vegeta, and a few others. Don't get me started on the fan base.

Uncle Grampa:
Reasons: It is a kid show. I get that. but when you go beneath the level of stupidity of Spongebob Squarepants (which is tolerable), then you did something wrong. It portrays a grotesque humor that sickens me. And don't get me started on how Gus's tail got chopped off in one of the episodes.
Dragon Ball Z may not have a specific storyline, but I will assume the storyline is about "Life." If I do say so myself the action in each fight has a different story to begin with and that is what changes the fight. I do believe some characters need more solidifying in details, but nevertheless they do have certain moments. I do not understand what you mean about ,"Don't get me started in the fanbase;" I'll just make the assumption you dislike the fanbase because they don't agree with you. Thing is, just because you don't like the show doesn't mean you should insult them. Calmly express your feelings without just saying in other words,"I don't like this show, because I don't like it, the fan base must suck also."

All in all, Uncle Grampa is just a stupid show because of all the violence condoned in it. From blood to gore, this is not a children's show. On the contrary, SpongeBob and his fellow sea friends have a stupidity aura that emits from them; This brings life and vibes that only something with perfection could bring :)

Back
Top Bottom