Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
It has been confirmed that they are able to spawn in Hard Mode. The new problem, however, is that they are way too rare for what they are listed as in Hard Mode (Two Stars). I had to put a substantial amount of effort to find a handful amount of them. The spawn rates in Pre-Hardmode are okay, my problem is that a common enemy shouldn't require this much effort to spawn in Hard Mode.

I was trying to finish my bestiary today, and I came across this problem: I haven't encountered any Angry Dandelions throughout my entire playthrough.
Look at the image, then look at my problem. Do you see the issue?
20200624162206_1.jpg

I literally cannot be able to complete the bestiary because of this. In the wiki (and from experience), Angry Dandelions can only spawn during a windy day in
pre-hardmode. Why? Why is this the case? This is literally the only enemy that I have not added to the bestiary, and I had to go onto an AIW for my Universal Pylon.
In the next update, can you please make Angry Dandelions spawn in Hardmode as well?

Angry Dandelion Wiki Page

Last edited:
Even if Re-Logic doesn't want Angry Dandelions to spawn in Hardmode (which I don't see why they shouldn't), this could be easily fixed by automatically registering the Angry Dandelion (along with any other pre-hardmode exclusive monsters, if there are any) into the Bestiary after defeating the Wall of Flesh, like how killing Skeletron also adds the Dungeon Guardian to the Bestiary.
Edit: Whoops

Last edited:
The "Oversight" has been resolved. It just requires a decent amount of effort to kill enough for filling its entry

Last edited:
I can say with 100% certainty that I've had Angry Dandelions spawn in Hardmode. They seem like they're very rare, but they definitely spawn.

I can say with 100% certainty that I've had Angry Dandelions spawn in Hardmode. They seem like they're very rare, but they definitely spawn.

Well if they're rare, then they are a little too rare. I was playing on a Journey Mode character with 10x Spawn-Rate, and I was wondering around for at least 20 minutes and not had a single one spawn.

Even if they are able to spawn, they still should increase the spawn rates, as they are one of the two only enemies in the Windy Day event.

I made a large, flat area with grass and grass plants and they did spawn, just semi-rarely.

Still, it shouldn't require this much effort to find a common enemy.

It has been confirmed that they are able to spawn, it is just that they are extremely rare, to the point that they are nearly impossible to find in
Hard Mode. They still should increase the spawn rates for this enemy, as they are one of the two only exclusive enemies in the Windy Day Event.

I was trying to finish my bestiary today, and I came across this problem: I haven't encountered any Angry Dandelions throughout my entire playthrough.
Look at the image, then look at my problem. Do you see the issue?

View attachment 280507

I literally cannot be able to complete the bestiary because of this. In the wiki (and from experience), Angry Dandelions can only spawn during a windy day in
pre-hardmode. Why? Why is this the case? This is literally the only enemy that I have not added to the bestiary, and I had to go onto an AIW for my Universal Pylon.
In the next update, can you please make Angry Dandelions spawn in Hardmode as well?

Wiki Page

Try using Battle Potions and Water Candles. Make sure there are no Dandelions nearby. Also, when trying to increase spawn be sure to fill all caves/holes within an 80 tiles radius of the surface underground.

I don't believe they should be increased in spawn. Way too powerful for prehardmode. They are avoidable but its there missiles that sucks. They home in on you, can't be negated except for hitting walls, and fire in a nonstop stream.

Well if they're rare, then they are a little too rare. I was playing on a Journey Mode character with 10x Spawn-Rate, and I was wondering around for at least 20 minutes and not had a single one spawn.

Even if they are able to spawn, they still should increase the spawn rates, as they are one of the two only enemies in the Windy Day event.
So the devs should make everything that is remotely rare more common? Why stop there? Why not giving everything a 100% spawn/drop chance?

Why stop there? Why not giving everything a 100% spawn/drop chance?

Imagine if there was a mod that did that! :D

Anyways, I don't think you got the point. They are supposed to be relatively common in the Windy Day event regardless of what state your world is in (Pre-Hardmode or Hardmode).

The point that I was trying to make was that they are way too rare for what they are listed as in the bestiary during Hard Mode (Two Stars).

Even though I have never encountered one in Pre-Hardmode before, I most likely will soon, so that is not what I am concerned about. What I AM concerned about
though, is the rarity of a common enemy during Hard Mode. I don't think I had to put this much effort in order to cause a common pre-hardmode enemy to spawn a handful amount of times.

They require an immense amount of grass, and you would still have to be lucky to find one in Hard Mode, like me who had to wait for around 10 minutes to kill 10
of them with 10x Spawn Rates.

The rarity stars (and the rare creatures filter) in the bestiary don't really align with how rare the enemies are. (They don't align with the rare creatures detector items either.)

Imagine if there was a mod that did that! :D

Anyways, I don't think you got the point. They are supposed to be relatively common in the Windy Day event regardless of what state your world is in (Pre-Hardmode or Hardmode).

The point that I was trying to make was that they are way too rare for what they are listed as in the bestiary during Hard Mode (Two Stars).

Even though I have never encountered one in Pre-Hardmode before, I most likely will soon, so that is not what I am concerned about. What I AM concerned about
though, is the rarity of a common enemy during Hard Mode. I don't think I had to put this much effort in order to cause a common pre-hardmode enemy to spawn a handful amount of times.

They require an immense amount of grass, and you would still have to be lucky to find one in Hard Mode, like me who had to wait for around 10 minutes to kill 10
of them with 10x Spawn Rates.
The stars do not mean anything.
Invasion enemies are 2 stars. You will never enounter them on their own, but if you start an invasion, they are the exclusive enemies.
The rarity from start don't reflect anything.
And besides the stars, it isn't stated anywhere that they are common.
based on what the Dandelion is, and what it does, it makes sense why it is rare. It's a ranged enemy that easily oneshots you on master.

Back
Top Bottom