Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Paint scraper doesn't remove moss as intended and cannot collect the moss from the new 1.4 underground biome.

Paint scraper doesn't remove moss as intended and cannot collect the moss from the new 1.4 underground biome.
It can, but it has a rather low success rate (one in nine). Is there a specific colour of moss you are failing to get?

I can confirm that it does drop from the neon green moss, it just takes a number of attempts due to the rarity.

I feel like it's a tad misleading. The Paint Scraper cannot 'remove' moss. But it CAN be used to destroy the 'grass' that grows on moss, which DOES give you moss at a random chance

Any suggestions on how to remove moss completely, aside from breaking the block? "Moss Swap" does not work, and I want to change the color.

Any suggestions on how to remove moss completely, aside from breaking the block? "Moss Swap" does not work, and I want to change the color.
Hitting a stone block with moss once with a pickaxe will remove the moss. (Same for dirt/mud and grass.) Then you can plant new moss. You might want to keep a weak pickaxe for this. Endgame pickaxes tend to swing too fast and you end up removing the moss and the block.

Back
Top Bottom