Resolved Paint Sprayer/Architect Gizmo Pack does not work when equipped to extra accessory slots

Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
When I equipped an Architect Gizmo Pack to my accessory slots and tried using the paint sprayer function, every time it would paint the block that I placed and then unpaint it. I was wondering why this was the case until I found out that this only happens when it is equipped to accessory slots added by Master Mode or Demon Hearts. I'm pretty sure this is a bug, and although it has an easy workaround, it was annoying to deal with when I had no idea why it was happening.

Just to check, are you playing in Journey mode? If yes, have you equipped the accessories to the Expert/Master slots and then lowered the difficulty back to Journey/Normal? If you lower the difficulty this way, accessories in the extra slots won't function.

Outside of Journey mode, if you equipped the accessories on a Expert/Master world and then went to a Normal world, the accessories in the extra slots won't function.

Are either of these scenarios applicable to you?

Just to check, are you playing in Journey mode? If yes, have you equipped the accessories to the Expert/Master slots and then lowered the difficulty back to Journey/Normal? If you lower the difficulty this way, accessories in the extra slots won't function.
I'm playing Journey mode, but the difficulty is set to Master because I'm aware that lowering it disables the extra accessory slots.

I was unable to reproduce this with the Paint Sprayer/Gizmo Pack. The blocks were painted as they were placed. Could you please attach a screenshot of your inventory and accessory slots? It might be a specific accessory or paint combination causing the issue.

Alright, I did some testing, and it turns out that this problem might have more to do with tShock than anything else... I couldn't get it to happen on a singleplayer world or on a multiplayer server that I hosted, but it did occur on a tShock server. I originally found the bug when I was building on a tShock server, so I guess that clears things up.
(I don't know why I selected both for "Single Player/Multiplayer" on the bug report though, my mistake.)

Back
Top Bottom