Blocks & Decoration Paintable lightsources.

Think?

• Yes.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No.

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
What would happen with light sources larger than one tile? Say you paint chandelier 3 tiles blue, 3 green, and 3 red?

Also, this would sorta make the colored torches pointless to make, as you'd just paint torches instead.

I liked the idea. It just doesn't make sense to have a blue campfire emitting orange light.

I agree but in a different way. The torches, the gemspark blocks, the things that we can choose the color shouldn't apply to that, but the items that emit only one type of light should.

The best way to achieve that should be dying the source without the paint itself, using an item like the actuator, with similiar mechanichs (placing and wiring), also making the large objects capable of emitting more than one color of light.

About the water coloring of the other thread. Well, first, those fountains are ridiculous, they only paint water and only when we are close to it (should be just a piece of furniture). The idea is to paint not only water, but lava and honey too (and maybe other liquids...). Painting water/lava/honey can be made throwing "special" buckets of paint (made of tons of bucket paints) into the liquid, coloring all the liquid (giving us the possibility to have many different colored water 'not touching each other' but in almost the same place). The way to remove that should be done using a water/lava/honey purifier sold by Dryad.

EDIT: The Liquid Dyer would replace this last idea of coloring. To see the thread click in my signature V

Last edited:
I think we can all agree that we need this. I painted crimtane blue and it's still emitting red light `:sigh:

Back
Top Bottom