Painting Swatches

Thank you for this, it has been very helpful. I have a request, only if it's pretty simple for you to do: Could you combine each of them items within the subcategories? So that would be 19 categories (if i counted correctly). I understand you have them already combined in 1 large list, but it's a bit too much to scroll through efficiently (for me). I did start to download them individually and was going to combine them myself but then realized that I don't get the description of block/wall types.

I'm pretty noobish when it comes to recognizing type of material a block/wall is. Also, as I am pretty new to experimenting with different blocks and paints, i often need to pretty much blindly browse through your swatches until something catches my eye. If it actually would be quite the task (not simple) for you to do, maybe you have a tip or idea of how i could do it that would be faster than copying the text and pasting it as an overlay onto each downloaded image?

With Journey's End now giving official names to the formerly-unobtainable natural walls, I've gone through and added these names to this post. I may have made mistakes in identifying them, as I don't have all of the walls in my current game yet (and the wiki seems to only have inventory icons, not placed samples), so please do let me know if you see that I've put the wrong name on something.

As for updating this with the new Journey's End blocks… well, I'm actually wondering whether it might not be better to start a new post. With non-desktop platforms (and modded desktop) still on 1.3.5, I imagine that this might be a useful resource for some. And I can't just leave the existing swatches alone, because apparently the odd greenish colour that Deep Sky Blue Paint gives to many blocks was a bug that 1.4 has fixed.

I thought waiting for TEdit to update might give me some time to think about it (although Journey Mode would also make it feasible to build these in-game), but apparently they've already got a beta out!

Very very helpful guide/tool. Paint is one of the most ?????? things to figure out before trying in Terraria but this makes things much easier.

Thank you for this, it has been very helpful. I have a request, only if it's pretty simple for you to do: Could you combine each of them items within the subcategories? So that would be 19 categories (if i counted correctly). I understand you have them already combined in 1 large list, but it's a bit too much to scroll through efficiently (for me). I did start to download them individually and was going to combine them myself but then realized that I don't get the description of block/wall types.

I'm pretty noobish when it comes to recognizing type of material a block/wall is. Also, as I am pretty new to experimenting with different blocks and paints, i often need to pretty much blindly browse through your swatches until something catches my eye. If it actually would be quite the task (not simple) for you to do, maybe you have a tip or idea of how i could do it that would be faster than copying the text and pasting it as an overlay onto each downloaded image?
I’m not quite sure what you mean. Like one big picture with all the different materials in a category in it? And/or labelling them with the material in the image itself?

this is great and so useful but can we get furnitures as well?
That would be a hell of a lot more work and a real nightmare to lay out.

So yes, of course I’ve looked into it. :D

But I’ve been really busy of late and haven’t even made progress on the 1.4 update I’m meaning to do. (I haven’t even played Terraria in over a month…) Furniture swatches are, I’m sorry to say, way down the priority list.

I’m not quite sure what you mean. Like one big picture with all the different materials in a category in it? And/or labelling them with the material in the image itself?

Hey MrP, sorry, I can see how/where I started to to be unclear in what I was asking.

To start, I definitely wasn't asking for you to insert labels into the image itself, that was just my only thought of how I could do it myself.
Like one big picture with all the different materials in a category in it?
I think you got it here, but in case not, i'll just explain a bit differently:

You have a link near the top titled "Browse the whole gallery". I'm wondering if you could do the same thing except for each category.
So for example:
Soil would/could be a link with everything related to it (dirt, grasses, sand, etc.) combined together.
Then "Stone", then "Ores", etc.

If you would basically have to insert each image and re-write their categories/descriptions again, that'd probably be too much work. I'm just not familiar with the process of creating an imgur post. I thought maybe you'd be able combine all the "Soils" images (for example) together w/out needing to retype the labels of "Dirt", "Grass", "Corrupt Grass", etc. again.

Back
Top Bottom