Sprites Paladin Armor

Do you like this idea?

• No. I do not support this idea and am capable of explaining why.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Neoshadow Ω

Steampunker
Now, I know this has been suggested before many times, but I believe this one to be unique.

index.php

Paladin Armor

Armor Appearance:
Male Female
Paladin's Armor - Male.png
Paladin's Armor - Female.png

Paladin Helmet
Paladin's Helmet.png

Equipable
20 Defense
+10% Critical Melee Strike Chance

Paladin Breastplate
Paladin's Breastplate.png

Equipable
25 Defense
+15% Melee Damage

Paladin Greaves
Paladin's Greaves.png

Equipable
15 Defense
+15% Melee Speed

Full Set
Each piece of the set is yellow rarity.
Equipping the full set of Paladin Armor Provides a total of 60 Defense.
The set will retain their individual bonuses regardless of which pieces are being used.

Crafting
Each piece is made of an amount of Spectre Bars and a Metallic Scrap:
Metallic Crux.png

Metallic Scraps are always dropped by the Paladin. They are a material and are Yellow rarity.
Each piece is crafted at an Orichalcum/Mythril Anvil.
Recipes:
Paladin Helmet
Paladin's Helmet.png

Metallic Crux.png
x1

Spectre_Bar.png
x10
Paladin Breastplate
Paladin's Breastplate.png

Metallic Crux.png
x1
Spectre_Bar.png
x20

Paladin Greaves
Paladin's Greaves.png

Metallic Crux.png
x1
Spectre_Bar.png
x16

Set Bonus
The Paladin Armor provides a set bonus of an ability.
Pushing the ↓ control twice activates a Berserk buff. Pushing the ↓ control twice again or right-clicking its icon cancels the buff.
The buff is represented by the following icon:
Berserk Buff Icon.png

Tooltip: You've gone berserk!
The buff increases the damage dealt by the Paladin's Hammer by 15%, for a total of 30% (with the other 15% being provided by the Breastplate). The buff also increases the Paladin's Hammer's speed by another 10%, for a total of 25% (the other 15% being granted by the Greaves). Finally, the buff provides a slight 5% critical strike chance for the Paladin's Hammer for a total of 15% critical strike chance (the other 10% coming from the helmet).
The buff benefits the use of the Paladin's Shield as well; it allows for Paladin's Shield to actually negate knockback, add 5% defense to the player, and negates some damage due to the base function (that is, it redirects the same amount of damage from teammates, but completely negates 50% percent of the damage redirected).
The player's speed is increased by 10% and an afterimage effect is added, similar to the Shadow Armor.
However, it also lowers the player's defense by 15% and increases the likelihood of enemies targeting them, as well as keeping the Paladin's Shield's effect (damage redirection) active even below 25% health.
If the player is killed by the redirected damage (possible with the buff on) one of two unique death messages plays:
"<Player Name> took one for the team."
"<Player Name> sacrificed themself for the greater good."
index.php
Let me know what you think!

Signature Banner:
17324-1508710676.png

Signature Banner Code:
Code:
[url="https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/paladin-armor.63029/"][IMG]https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/pictures/17324-1508710676.png[/IMG][/URL]

(Thanks to @Lord Garak for their criticism. It really helps!)

Last edited:
Boomerangs are such a niche weapon that I find it difficult to justify an armor solely based around them. Grinding this armor also sounds very dull, as it's based around a grind similar to Mining armor, which is already incredibly dull and unnecessary.

The set bonus is the nail in the coffin. No player would accept a 25% speed reduction just for some armor. It would be a severe combat and quality of life gimp, and a health drain stings even more.

The sprites are very pretty, though.

Boomerangs are such a niche weapon that I find it difficult to justify an armor solely based around them. Grinding this armor also sounds very dull, as it's based around a grind similar to Mining armor, which is already incredibly dull and unnecessary.

The set bonus is the nail in the coffin. No player would accept a 25% speed reduction just for some armor. It would be a severe combat and quality of life gimp, and a health drain stings even more.

The sprites are very pretty, though.
... I guess I could change the piece bonuses.

The reason I put the slowdown and life drain is so that people don't just leave the ability on all the time, but i guess you're right, it does seem like a bit much. I can just put it so that any item affecting player speed are negated when the buff is in use, and the life drain can be either reduced significantly or completely eliminated.

How do you suggest the armor is obtained, though? You say the grinding is "dull and unnecessary", so did you have something else in mind?

... I guess I could change the piece bonuses.

The reason I put the slowdown and life drain is so that people don't just leave the ability on all the time, but i guess you're right, it does seem like a bit much. I can just put it so that any item affecting player speed are negated when the buff is in use, and the life drain can be either reduced significantly or completely eliminated.

How do you suggest the armor is obtained, though? You say the grinding is "dull and unnecessary", so did you have something else in mind?
That is even more severe than a 25% reduction. The player would move at the same speed as when they first spawn, at all times.

Use a system similar to the "frost core". That way the player does not have to be aggravated by annoying multi-armor drop mechanics.

That is even more severe than a 25% reduction. The player would move at the same speed as when they first spawn, at all times.

Use a system similar to the "frost core". That way the player does not have to be aggravated by annoying multi-armor drop mechanics.
10% Reduction, then? :confused:

Also, Core system? Good idea.

10% Reduction, then? :confused:

Also, Core system? Good idea.
I really don't think a speed nerf fits the set bonus, and it's already applied by the Vortex armor anyway. Why not give a speed buff and a defense drop, instead? Say, -15% defense effectiveness (Defense is calculated at a 75% value in expert mode and 50% in normal)

I really don't think a speed nerf fits the set bonus, and it's already applied by the Vortex armor anyway. Why not give a speed buff and a defense drop, instead? Say, -15% defense effectiveness (Defense is calculated at a 75% value in expert mode and 50% in normal)
I gave the speed reduction as a reference to the fact that paladins themselves are slow and sluggish...
... but yours makes more sense.

I gave the speed reduction as a reference to the fact that paladins themselves are slow and sluggish...
... but yours makes more sense.
I absolutely see where you're coming from, but in a gameplay setting it doesn't play out too well. Tanking has never been very effective.

I absolutely see where you're coming from, but in a gameplay setting it doesn't play out too well. Tanking has never been very effective.
You got a point :T
[doublepost=1508703814,1508703776][/doublepost]Should the whole "Paladin's Hammer" or "Paladin's Shield" buffs still be a thing in the ability?

First of all, I love the sprites. :dryadpassionate:

Also, I love the buffs the set would add to the paladin's hammer and shield. Though I personally feel that a Paladin is closer to your original idea of them being big and sluggish, I also like the idea of a more "glass cannon"-esque paladin with fortified speed and decreased armor. Plus, the speed buff definitely makes sense, sense the player would be "berserking". So I guess, either way, it sounds good to me. (Though if you were to opt for the speed reduction, I wouldn't go more than a 10% reduction in my humble opinion)

What I like most about is the damage and speed buff for the Paladin's Hammer. Sounds like it would make the hammer a lot better suited for end-game, especially on Expert Mode. 90 Base damage is pretty good, but 117 (including breastplate buff) is nicer, especially for the - uh... "less talented" players such as myself... I also like that the armor piece's buffs do not limit you to the Paladin's Hammer, essentially keeping this armor from being niche, allowing its usability to benefit all melee weapons.

All in all, I like this idea a lot, and it fits right in with everything else in the game. Great idea! :dryadgrin:

I think all the ideas are perfect but the crafting is a bit too easy. You should either increase the amount of spectre bars or increase the rarity of metallic scrap

The great deal is that it's difficult for this to outshine beetle armor, and because of the Golem being more a meme than a boss in terms of difficulty, this will be a pick-if-you-want-to-lose-time armour.

I think this is an awesome idea.

I just don't know about the Spectre Bars, because they're for magic class, and this is a melee set (with a ranged weapon). But, if you were going for the idea of both being from the dungeon, then that makes a lot of sense.

Either way, nice job! :D

Back
Top Bottom