Parity at last! Terraria 1.3.5 Launches Today on Xbox One and PlayStation 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s honestly heartbreaking. it’s also kinda interesting that people are talking about keyboard/mouse support for console... if the original console UI hasn’t been changed, there would be absolutely no need for keyboard/mouse support

I don’t know... there honestly isn’t anyone who can say that the PC UI on console isn’t problematic.
Personally, the very first time I tried Terraria on Xbox 360, I found the UI very off-putting and never played it again. I started on PC and have between 700-800 hours logged on Steam (all before the Old One's Army update and excluding modded versions) and I decided console just wasn't good based on that first experience. I never played it again until this past year, and after spending about 150 hours on Switch, I can say it's actually fairly enjoyable to me now. If they hadn't updated the UI and added the quality of life upgrades they had, I'm pretty sure I would have just uninstalled it and never touched Terraria until I could set up a computer again. At least now I can play it and anxiously await 1.4, whether it's released on console or whenever I get my PC set up again.

I truly don’t get why it’s swept under the rug as much as it is.

I can tell you that anyone who I’ve run into on PlayStation Network that played pre 1.3 Terraria, absolutely does not like the PC UI at all. They all rave about the old console UI. I also believe it’s the reason the Terraria community on console has deteriorated in a way the PC fan base hasn’t. It’s simply too much of a hassle.
See above. May not have played on PSN, but played it on Xbox before 1.3, and hated the UI. It's tolerable, even if not perfectly like PC. Adding KB+M support will only bring it that much closer to perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom