Parity at last! Terraria 1.3.5 Launches Today on Xbox One and PlayStation 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no info about the splitscreen sound bug?? I’d love a reply. I’ve been reporting it and asking for literally months and never get a reply. Not one. Plenty of other messages getting responded to. Something would be nice... I’ve bought at least ten copies of terraria on multiple platforms and have always supported the dev team. Really getting frustrated at this point...

So no info about the splitscreen sound bug?? I’d love a reply. I’ve been reporting it and asking for literally months and never get a reply. Not one. Plenty of other messages getting responded to. Something would be nice... I’ve bought at least ten copies of terraria on multiple platforms and have always supported the dev team. Really getting frustrated at this point...

I know I have mentioned it to Pipeworks before... not sure on the status of the issue. Will ask on my next call with them.

@Loki I've put a little list of things that I've noticed; some of which I've mentioned before, or are from older patches, but I thought you'd find it more useful if they were all in one place:

• D-Pad binding is still temporary, every time you enter a world it has to be re-bound
  • Tapping the D-pad when the item is already selected de-selects it
  • It doesn't remember your minimap preferences either, it always start a game with it on
  • Build mode can't be exited by pressing circle anymore, it has to be triangle
  • Painted tiles are either translucent or too bright, or something else entirely
  • The horned god set has never been in the Travelling Merchant's inventory like the other three old-gen sets; is the wiki wrong about him selling them, or is this a bug?
  • Dart traps still aren't activating teal pressure plates
  • Paint is being consumed when painting mannequins, but the paint isn't showing (I think this followed over from PC)
  • The older of the two space music tracks won't record: the music box is equipped, but as soon as it records it vanishes from the player's loudout. The same happens for the older ocean music too
And...
  • The Grand Design UI selection button is still R2, which means it takes you out of the GD UI even though you've not finished switching things on & off. I've watched a few videos about the PC version of the GD and they can make all the changes they need to without exiting and re-entering the GD UI 3 or 4 times.
    I know this isn't technically a bug, but a lot of people feel that it is a massive oversight. I still have to carry all 4 spanners and the wire cutters as it's so inefficient

Mouse and keyboard support on console is completely necessary, I tried to play and its impossible for me. It's a real shame too because me and some friends played on pc years ago and had a blast and nowadays we dont have anything we want to play together. This would fill the void perfectly if only we could control ourselves without becoming infuriated by it. I hope this is coming in an update soon.

Umm. i checked mine on xbox one. i have v1.0.1494. No update is available. Has it actually been released?

Attachments

• 20200426_121936.png
    20200426_121936.png
    446.6 KB · Views: 133
Umm. i checked mine on xbox one. i have v1.0.1494. No update is available. Has it actually been released?
v1.0.1494.3

Yes, it has been released. v1.0.1494.3 is Pipeworks way of number releases. And if you look elsewhere, like Manage game in the dashboard you will see another version number.

1.3.5.3 (current pc version) is the way Re-Logic numbers releases. The current console release should be more or less equivalent to this.

It's confusing, I know.

v1.0.1494.3

Yes, it has been released. v1.0.1494.3 is Pipeworks way to number releases. And if you look elsewhere, like Manage game in the dashboard you will see another version number.

1.3.5.3 (current pc version) is the way Re-Logic numbers releases. The current console release should be more or less equivalent to this.

It's confusing, I know.

Perfect. Thanks.

Just heard of this now. It's great that we've finally reached a point where PC and console have the same version of the game. I don't mean to sound unthankful, but is there any info for 1.4 on consoles?

Well I have discovered a bug on this update I'm on xbox 1 and the pair is messed up it looks see through and also you cant tell if a block is actuated or not

Does anyone know when 1.4 will be released on console? Also will terraria be cross platform when both PC and console are updated to 1.4?

Does anyone know when 1.4 will be released on console? Also will terraria be cross platform when both PC and console are updated to 1.4?
There's no official word on this yet, but considering Re-Logic is still working on 1.4, it will probably take a while. It's unlikely Pipeworks (and DR for Mobile) have been able to do much yet, they are probably waiting for Re-Logic to finish first. And the smart thing for them to do is to wait until any major bugs (yes there will be bugs) have been dealt with.

This is just speculation on my part but considering 1.4 is a major update, it would surprise me much if 1.4 comes out before the end of the year for consoles.

As for cross-play between pc and console, that's very unlikely unfortunately. None of the console manufacturer's allow their consoles to communicate over any other network than their native one. Xbox may have a small chance, but that's up to Re-Logic.

I wouldn't hold your breath; we still haven't been told when the patch for this update's bugs will be, although it's understandable. I'd imagine it's all hands to the tiller to get 1.4 out.

I'd rather wait a while for 1.4 and get a (realistically) bug-free version, than them rush it and get another train wreck like the first 1.3 release and its subsequent patches.

Greetings Terrarians!

At long last, we have reached the day that once seemed impossible - Terraria on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will receive the 1.3.5 update today, bringing console Terraria up to parity with the live PC version of the game! Terraria 1.3.5 brings a handful of new furniture items, a couple of really cool developer armor sets, and the long-anticipated UI size slider. As usual, the team has tried to roll in a round of bug fixes into the update. So, without further ado, here is the Terraria 1.3.5 for Console changelog!

As for what is next? The console team is planning to look into a few quality of life features we have had in mind for a while, along with any further needed bugfixing from this or prior updates. So stay tuned for that!

Before anyone asks, no this does not mean that PC and Console can now crossplay - as most of you are aware, there are a ton of other hurdles beyond just "same content" that would need to be cleared to make that possible, to put it mildly. We never say never, but this is something we will have to revisit in a post-Journey's End era... and we cannot promise that this will ever be possible. However, it is something we will explore when the time comes.

index.php

Terraria XB1/PS4 1.3.5 Build Notes - Parity Update
NEW CONTENT
  • Added Leinfors' and Arkhayla's developer armor sets​
  • Added Crystal Furniture​
  • Added several items to fully flesh out various Furniture sets​
  • Added several more platform types​
  • Added Golden Chest and Trapped Golden Chest variant​

NEW FEATURES
  • Improved visuals of many different things​
  • Added "James" as a name that could be given to the Clothier NPC as a nod to the famous Terraria Youtuber, ChippyGaming (James)​
  • New error messages for invalid housing​
  • NPCs who are manually assigned to a room will have their successor attempt to move in when the original is killed​
  • Dungeons in newly generated worlds now contain new furniture​
  • Added most of the main menu's settings to the in-game settings menu​
  • Added UI Size Slider to the Settings Menu (results shown in sample images below)​

BUG FIXES
  • Title crashes when 4th split-screen is invoked
  • Title crashes for host on client joining the session
  • Trapped Crystal Chest has wrong "hover over" image
  • Title crashes upon adding split screen after modifying the zoom level
  • All "Hover Over" text has blue background boxes
  • Mini map is still present in-game and is graphically corrupt after disabling the map settings from main-menu
  • Order of Recipes for 1.3.5 items in Crafting Guide is not accurate
  • Graphical lines are displayed under the dropped copper coin
  • Tavernkeep npc quotes for selecting Eternia Crystal fails to appear in the order
  • Damage count is not displayed for the secondary player in the split screen session
  • Actuator design in the preview is inappropriate
  • Unable to trigger the second ability of certain staffs in build mode
  • Title crashes while exploring the bottom of the world using any wiring items
  • Informational stats are getting overlapped on Minimap after exiting a split-screen player from the session
  • Defender's forge closes instantly when interacted from below.
  • Trapped chests preview is displayed as normal chests in NPC shop inventory
  • Clothes art gets corrupted on re-entering the session after re-launch and changing the armor when strange dye is applied
  • FPS drop is observed while increasing or decreasing the UI scale while in-game
  • Title crashes on exiting any session
  • UI elements doesn't fit into the screen when the UI scale is set to its max percentage.
  • Zoom slider does not update dynamically
  • Grand Design will not lay wires or actuators over sloped blocks
  • Title crashes on signing out the profile and selecting the character immediately on character selection screen
  • 'The old one's army has been defeated' text is not localized in respective FIGS languages for client
  • Old Ones Army Event music cuts in and out when too many sound effects are playing at once
  • User is able to access the radial hot bar while in ghost
  • Guide Crafting slot is misaligned on interacting with guide NPC
  • World gets corrupted after signing out the profile being in a multiplayer session
  • Items description text overlaps on the crafting recipes preview screen in Splitscreen
  • User is unable to mute other players except himself via player list
Does this mean 1.4 at launch for console or will we have to wait?

We're never getting 1.4 are we? I have it on pc and I want to wait for it on Xbox because I like that better but....1.3. Is it good to be another 3 year wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom