Parity at last! Terraria 1.3.5 Launches Today on Xbox One and PlayStation 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Console will get 1.4 eventually, and it won't take 3 years. Much of the time spent porting Console 1.3 was on the foundation. They don't have to redo that for 1.4.

That's all the Switch / Mobile players get told: "No Date Yet" It's like a broken record. Where was the promised multiplayer for the Switch? Why are the Switch and Mobile the last considerations?
Well, it's hard to tell you anything else when there is no date... not sure what you want to hear but we can't just make stuff up so you get to hear different things. Console and Mobile are developed by third party companies so there is siginificant lag time as they adapt Re-Logic's code for the different platform.

Well, it's hard to tell you anything else when there is no date... not sure what you want to hear but we can't just make stuff up so you get to hear different things. Console and Mobile are developed by third party companies so there is siginificant lag time as they adapt Re-Logic's code for the different platform.
I apologise for my offhanded way I sound, my intentions were not meant to be rude, I apologise profusely and thank you for your time.

Mouse and keyboard support on console is completely necessary, I tried to play and its impossible for me. It's a real shame too because me and some friends played on pc years ago and had a blast and nowadays we dont have anything we want to play together. This would fill the void perfectly if only we could control ourselves without becoming infuriated by it. I hope this is coming in an update soon.
I've often wondered what the benefit of KB+M is on a console, is there something I'm missing? I'll admit it would be great to be able to easily rename chests and write signs etc.; that current typing interface is maddening.

I have ps4 terreria and haven't received an update past 1.0.1515.2 love the game but not sure what's happening here.

Is there anyway the crafting UI being updated or changed? It's been a few years since they changed it to match PC and I haven't played it since honestly. I don't find it fun having to remember crafting recipes nor do I find it a fun gameplay loop to constantly run to the guide so I can remember how to craft something. Especially being someone who hasn't played in years. Every time I see the game has an update I hop on to check it out and see if anythings been changed, but never the case. Are we just going to be stuck with a more PC friendly ui on a console? I really love the game and I hardly ever have a huge enough problem with small things like this , but it honest to god keeps me from playing the game and I really want to play it, but it isnt enjoyable at all having to run to the guide for every little thing or looking it up online. It doesn't have too be the old crafting ui at all, but can it just be more user friendly? There doesn't feel like a good enough reason to have it cut down so much. Can't the crafting just be on a page of its own and be expanded? Why does it even need the be the same on both PC and console? That's not the way it is for Minecraft I don't recall. Which is kinda similar lol terraria in a sense, it anyways yeah. Long time terraria fan, but not a fan in the slightest with the ui..

I have ps4 terreria and haven't received an update past 1.0.1515.2 love the game but not sure what's happening here.
The console versions use a different numbering system than the PC version, so while the PC version might be 1.3.5, PS4 might number it something different. If you’ve got UI Size Slider in your settings then you have the most recent version and are up to date.

Is there anyway the crafting UI being updated or changed? It's been a few years since they changed it to match PC and I haven't played it since honestly. I don't find it fun having to remember crafting recipes nor do I find it a fun gameplay loop to constantly run to the guide so I can remember how to craft something. Especially being someone who hasn't played in years. Every time I see the game has an update I hop on to check it out and see if anythings been changed, but never the case. Are we just going to be stuck with a more PC friendly ui on a console? I really love the game and I hardly ever have a huge enough problem with small things like this , but it honest to god keeps me from playing the game and I really want to play it, but it isnt enjoyable at all having to run to the guide for every little thing or looking it up online. It doesn't have too be the old crafting ui at all, but can it just be more user friendly? There doesn't feel like a good enough reason to have it cut down so much. Can't the crafting just be on a page of its own and be expanded? Why does it even need the be the same on both PC and console? That's not the way it is for Minecraft I don't recall. Which is kinda similar lol terraria in a sense, it anyways yeah. Long time terraria fan, but not a fan in the slightest with the ui..
It’s not an answer you want, but I don’t see the crafting UI being updated or changed, no.

Any chance we're going to get cursor sensitivity options? Things like disabling character movement-based auto cursor movement, locking auto-cursor range to a certain threshold (so it doesn't go flying to the edge of the screen when using the ice rod, for instance, goes hand-in-hand with the first option), or manual cursor speed and acceleration options. Personally I think the crafting UI, while not nearly as user friendly as 505's old design, is fine as it is. The cursor when using a controller is a nightmare to control though, and it really puts me off from ever playing this game.

Which is a real shame. I loved the 505 port back in the day. It just felt better on a controller.

it’s honestly heartbreaking. it’s also kinda interesting that people are talking about keyboard/mouse support for console... if the original console UI hasn’t been changed, there would be absolutely no need for keyboard/mouse support

I don’t know... there honestly isn’t anyone who can say that the PC UI on console isn’t problematic.

I truly don’t get why it’s swept under the rug as much as it is.

I can tell you that anyone who I’ve run into on PlayStation Network that played pre 1.3 Terraria, absolutely does not like the PC UI at all. They all rave about the old console UI. I also believe it’s the reason the Terraria community on console has deteriorated in a way the PC fan base hasn’t. It’s simply too much of a hassle.

I just don’t quite understand why the devs are so against reverting the UI - or even talking about it. Or even just making a new one. Yeah, I know it’s not easy to just come up with a new UI. But the old one was honestly good as it was. The players loved it. And now - at least for PS4 -I wouldn’t call it unplayable - but pretty close. I’ve barely played it since 1.3 came out. And i sunk many hours into the PC version before the console edition on PS3 came out.

I tried really hard to get into it after 1.3. So much. I was looking forward to all the new content but I could barely play the game.

I played Terraria on PS3 the other day. It’s kinda crazy that it plays sooo much better than the current PS4 version. I really wish I could downgrade my PS4 version. But I assume that’s impossible without the physical disk.

I just really wish that the state of the console UI would be taken seriously. Nothing really has been done about it despite complaints for the past three years.

I always preferred Terraria over Minecraft - but even Minecraft now has cross platform and has complete synchronization with each platform, allows multiple UI’s that are console friendly. With every craftable item even being searchable along with the recipe with ingredients needed.

I would prefer that over Journeys End.

Or just the option for the old console UI to be usable on all platforms. At least give people the option to choose.

it would be quite literally one of the best quality of life decisions for the game. At least, for console. :/

Last edited:
Are xbox one online servers fixed? I can play with my cousin when he comes home with his xbox, but with other friends i could never play.
Well, not exactly, its not really a problem with terraria, but either a problem with your friend(s) internet or subscription to xbox, or xbox live itself.

Someone has already said this but will this fix the overlay In the screen when the hotbar, heath, Mana, and controller are cut off the screen with certain tv's
I think thats a problem with your tvs display size ~ not the game.

i bought terraria ps4 edition 2 years ago. I noticed something was wrong straight away. Whenever i try to walk, the framerate feels so choppy and laggy. This is especially true when i am moving faster, like flying. Play the PC or the mobile version and see how smooth it is compared to the console mess.
Has anyone else noticed this besides me and do you think it will eventually get fixed?
play it on xbox, much smoother, I haven't ever lagged besides the one time my
my friend decided to do the vortex beater glitch and thats the only time my game has ever lagged on xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom