PS4 Partially Corrupted Data

Bakubread

Terrarian
My PS4 was abruptly cut off from power mid-game, this has corrupted a part of my data.

There are five files for Terraria that I can view in the "Upload/Download Saved Data":
-My World (labeled "WorldPS4.wld")
-My Character (labeled "Seperate.plr")
-1131.map
-Corrupted Data
-SYSTEM

The "Corrupted Data" file lines up with the "Miscellaneous" in my Online Storage for the game. The online storage is from approximately 22 hours earlier today, 12:13AM EST, the corruption happened at about 10:20PM EST
My question is; Will replacing the "Corrupted Data" with the online storage "Miscellaneous" cause problems, as I have made a lot of progress in the game between 12:13AM and 10:20PM? If so, is there any way to fix this? I was able to enter the world as my character just fine, and could move around and all seemed relatively normal, my character seemed to have the same inventory as right before the console lost power based off of the hotbar, however I was constantly told by the PS4 that there was corrupted data and couldn't do much of anything besides take a few steps as a result. This does not cause the game to crash. My custom controls had clearly been affected though, with multiple commands mapped to single buttons, seemingly random button mapping.

Edit from the next morning: So from what I can gather just by looking at the game itself and the files I can view on my PS4 calmly, it appears that the Miscellaneous file is save data for everything in the settings menu, and it hadn't updated the online save in so long because I hadn't changed any of my settings in that long. Therefore, I don't believe that replacing the corrupted data with the online backup of it should cause any problems. I won't try this until I get a response as I don't want to take any risks here, but I can't think of any other way to possibly fix this besides deleting everything and starting over.

Last edited:
My PS4 was abruptly cut off from power mid-game, this has corrupted a part of my data.

There are five files for Terraria that I can view in the "Upload/Download Saved Data":
-1131.map
-Corrupted Data
-SYSTEM

The "Corrupted Data" file lines up with the "Miscellaneous" in my Online Storage for the game. The online storage is from approximately 22 hours earlier today, 12:13AM EST, the corruption happened at about 10:20PM EST
My question is; Will replacing the "Corrupted Data" with the online storage "Miscellaneous" cause problems, as I have made a lot of progress in the game between 12:13AM and 10:20PM? If so, is there any way to fix this? Will deleting the corrupted data allow the game to just create new data in its place, or is it too important? I was able to enter the world as my character just fine, and could move around and all seemed relatively normal, my character seemed to have the same inventory as right before the console lost power based off of the hotbar, however I was constantly told by the PS4 that there was corrupted data and couldn't do much of anything besides take a few steps as a result. This does not cause the game to crash.
It’s been about an hour since mine started doing this and none of my friends know what to do.

-1131.map
-Corrupted Data
-SYSTEM

My question is; Will replacing the "Corrupted Data" with the online storage "Miscellaneous" cause problems, as I have made a lot of progress in the game between 12:13AM and 10:20PM? If so, is there any way to fix this? I was able to enter the world as my character just fine, and could move around and all seemed relatively normal, my character seemed to have the same inventory as right before the console lost power based off of the hotbar, however I was constantly told by the PS4 that there was corrupted data and couldn't do much of anything besides take a few steps as a result. This does not cause the game to crash. My custom controls had clearly been affected though, with multiple commands mapped to single buttons, seemingly random button mapping.

Edit from the next morning: So from what I can gather just by looking at the game itself and the files I can view on my PS4 calmly, it appears that the Miscellaneous file is save data for everything in the settings menu, and it hadn't updated the online save in so long because I hadn't changed any of my settings in that long. Therefore, I don't believe that replacing the corrupted data with the online backup of it should cause any problems. I won't try this until I get a response as I don't want to take any risks here, but I can't think of any other way to possibly fix this besides deleting everything and starting over.
@Bakubread, I don’t think anyone can give you a 100% guarantee that it’ll work and won’t mess up more things. If it were me, I’d backup my data to a usb before trying anything just in case.

I have the exact same problem It was easy to fix too.Backup your saves and data first though incase.I went into settings>Application save data management>saved storage in the system and delete tab.Once your in it you can simply delete the corrupted file tab.Thats it.This might not work for you as I heard from others and when you start the game you will experience some lag but it will eventually stop and you countinue playing as normal. Hope this helps :)

I have the exact same problem It was easy to fix too.Backup your saves and data first though incase.I went into settings>Application save data management>saved storage in the system and delete tab.Once your in it you can simply delete the corrupted file tab.Thats it.This might not work for you as I heard from others and when you start the game you will experience some lag but it will eventually stop and you countinue playing as normal. Hope this helps :)
Thanks! (My accomplishments were corrupted)

-1131.map
-Corrupted Data
-SYSTEM

So I guess your controls got corrupted...

Thanks! (My accomplishments were corrupted)

I just had this happen. It keeps telling me "data corrupted" but character/worlds are still there but when I get finally into the world the achievements appear, freeze game, appear, freeze game, etc. I'm going to try your fix, thanks so much for posting it!

Back
Top Bottom