• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Tool [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA! (1.4 compatible!)

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
It's not quite that simple, unfortunately. From what I've read, "bad" torches do still counter "good" torches in the "wrong" biomes; it's just that the final torch luck factor can't go below zero. There's still room for a tweak that kills all torch luck negatives, and/or all torch luck period, and/or the whole luck mechanic in its entirety.

Anyway, I haven't used Tweaker before, but I'm going to now to restore accessory switching, so thank you for that! `:happy:
Thanks for the heads up on that, I'll take a look at whatever logic is driving that to see what factors could be worth tweaking.

CTgreen

Terrarian
I'll add that to my list. It'd be pretty quick to implement so you might just see that in the next new content update.
Neat! Hope it proves to be hassle free. Thanks for looking into it!

Yeah, that checks out. TerrariaPatcher makes buffs permanent in a way that isn't visible to other players. However, if you make a buff permanent with TerrariaPatcher, it will constantly be applied each frame, which might get around some checks that disable invalid buffs (for example,. buffs that auto-remove themselves if you don't have the right accessory equipped). The /buff command you get with Terraria Tweaker applies the buffs as if you used the potion/item/etc that would normally apply it, so it is broadcast in multiplayer, but is still subject to the invalid buff checks.

With the way the tweak currently works, yes. Because the /buff command applies buffs as if you used the potion/item/etc that would normally apply it, the buff's lifetime is scoped to the life of your character. If I implemented the "persists between game launches" behavior, then it would very, very similar to TerrariaPatcher's feature. I'd like to hold off on something like that until (if) it becomes clear that TerrariaPatcher won't be updated for 1.4 anytime soon.
Appreciate the detailed responses, that's interesting stuff.

I really enjoy how flawlessly TT2's method of the /buff tweak works (at least in my usage of it, which is fairly tame), since as I mentioned TerrariaPatcher introduced performance issues (stutters) and MP compatibility quirks. Hopefully if/when persistent buffs comes to TT2, the current implementation can remain as is or coexist somehow. But your explanation of TerrariaPatcher's method makes a lot of sense; I can see how some situations would call for more forcible overrides. For my usage, which is essentially just removing the need to constantly swig low-tier potions for ease-of-play, the "keep buffs after death" function would pretty much cover it for me, though.

Also, it's super impressive how much TT2 does overall, and the fact that you've updated so much of it so quickly kind of blows my mind. Kudos to you, TiberiumFusion! Can't wait to start fooling around with OmniPatcher... I wasn't expecting it so soon! Hats off to you. :)

Thanks for all you do for us!

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Neat! Hope it proves to be hassle free. Thanks for looking into it!

Appreciate the detailed responses, that's interesting stuff.

I really enjoy how flawlessly TT2's method of the /buff tweak works (at least in my usage of it, which is fairly tame), since as I mentioned TerrariaPatcher introduced performance issues (stutters) and MP compatibility quirks. Hopefully if/when persistent buffs comes to TT2, the current implementation can remain as is or coexist somehow. But your explanation of TerrariaPatcher's method makes a lot of sense; I can see how some situations would call for more forcible overrides. For my usage, which is essentially just removing the need to constantly swig low-tier potions for ease-of-play, the "keep buffs after death" function would pretty much cover it for me, though.

Also, it's super impressive how much TT2 does overall, and the fact that you've updated so much of it so quickly kind of blows my mind. Kudos to you, TiberiumFusion! Can't wait to start fooling around with OmniPatcher... I wasn't expecting it so soon! Hats off to you. :)

Thanks for all you do for us!
If I updated the /buff tweak, it would most likely be a fourth parameter to command, so /buff <id> <time> <force> <keep-after-death> or similar. And if I do incorporate a persistent buff list (as in, like TerrariaPatcher's feature which is configured outside of Terraria and thus persists between game launches), it will be seperate from the /buff tweak and configurable from the TT2 interface.

I'm glad to hear TT2 is working well for you :) But hold onto your hats for now with the Omnipatcher - it works again, but only with items up to 1.3.5.3. The next update will expand its range to include the 1.4 items, which have a new design pattern.

CTgreen

Terrarian
If I updated the /buff tweak, it would most likely be a fourth parameter to command, so /buff <id> <time> <force> <keep-after-death> or similar. And if I do incorporate a persistent buff list (as in, like TerrariaPatcher's feature which is configured outside of Terraria and thus persists between game launches), it will be seperate from the /buff tweak and configurable from the TT2 interface.

I'm glad to hear TT2 is working well for you :) But hold onto your hats for now with the Omnipatcher - it works again, but only with items up to 1.3.5.3. The next update will expand its range to include the 1.4 items, which have a new design pattern.
Awesome to hear, sounds good!

Thanks for the heads up on Omnipatcher functionality. I'll hold off on the new items for now.

Quick question, though: I'm editing the Katana (item 2273), and I notice that it has useAnimation (22) instead of useTime (which is the value I'm used to editing with TerrariaPatcher's item tweaking feature previously)... are these effectively the same on this weapon? useTime is over in the right column, and says it has a null value.
When I look at a gun, like say the Revolver (item 2269), I see both useTime and useAnimation are active and show the same value (also 22, coincidentally).

So I guess my question is, when an item has useAnimation/Time variable, do I edit whichever one is already active? Both? I assume I should not mess with other attributes from the right (red) column unless necessary...

(Sorry, ended up being a not-so-quick question) :p

CTgreen

Terrarian
BUG REPORT!! :joy:

(sorry for flooding your thread, haha)

So it appears that the Persistent Accessory Effects tweak is being a bit weird. Having Flesh Knuckles active (and only Flesh Knuckles, I narrowed it down) is giving me 7 Defense per accessory slot! I get 35 normally, and (since I'm in Journey Mode) when I crank the difficulty slider up to Expert & Master modes, I end up with 42 and 49 Defense respectively. Started with 0 Defense (took off all armor/accessories in-game trying to figure this out), and deactivated all other tweaks (and all other accessories within this tweak, as stated above). Aside from TT2, I'm running vanilla Terraria -- no mods or TerrariaPatcher remnants or anything. (I did a full clean install prior to 1.4)

Also, oddly, while trying to figure out what was going on with this, I had the Paladin's Shield being the only active Persistent Accessory (which is supposed to give 6 Def., (in addition to the other effects which I didn't test at all) but it was giving 0.

When looking at their wiki pages (which I linked above, for convenience) I notice both of these items were updated in 1.4 to become materials for new accessories. Might that be related?

So... yeah. *shrug*

Let me know if I can provide more useful info somehow!

:: ADDENDUM ::

So to test a bit further, I deactivated the defensive accessories above, and activated the damage increasing ones (from the Avenger Emblem on down in the tweak's submenu), and they appear to be doing something similar. They shot my Revolver's base damage from 20 all the way up to a max of 73 on the Master difficulty, for example.

The bonuses seemed to be tied to the difficulty slider that's present in Journey Mode, as it scaled immediately when going between the different setting steps (Journey/Classic both counted the same, 5x; Expert was again 6x and Master 7x -- just like the Defense multipliers I was seeing above), yet the smaller increments on the difficulty slider appeared to have no effect. Meaning I'm at the 5x multiplier whether I'm set to .50 or 1.85 on the slider. All my testing is done with Journey Mode chars and worlds, fwiw; I have no others to test with anymore.

Hope this helps narrow things down! :)

Last edited:

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Quick question, though: I'm editing the Katana (item 2273), and I notice that it has useAnimation (22) instead of useTime (which is the value I'm used to editing with TerrariaPatcher's item tweaking feature previously)... are these effectively the same on this weapon? useTime is over in the right column, and says it has a null value.
Well, first, feel free to experiment with the fields available to the Omnipatcher to see what kind of things you do with it. It's kind of necessary, actually.
But, about your question - when a field is not present for an item, that can mean one of two things. Either the item doesn't use the field, or it uses a default value for the field which is defined somewhere else in Terraria. Chances are, the Katana's useTime happens to be equal to the default value for useTime, and so it doesn't have any code which sets useTime, because there's no need to (and so useTime doesn't show in the left column). There's also a third possibility - the Katana's logic uses the useAnimation value as a stand-in for useTime, which would mean useAnimation controls the swing speed.
The only way to know for sure is to experiment, because Terraria's weapon logic has no real pattern and many weapons reinvent the wheel on how they uses their values. Try forcefully adding a custom useTime value first and see if that changes anything (don't forget to scroll down to Step 4 and check the "confirm forcefully add invalid attributes" box).

So it appears that the Persistent Accessory Effects tweak is being a bit weird.
Yes, this was just reported a couple hours ago and I've already identified it. Those persistent accessories and a few others have their effects multiplied by 20. It'll be fixed very soon in the next update.

I had the Paladin's Shield being the only active Persistent Accessory (which is supposed to give 6 Def., (in addition to the other effects which I didn't test at all) but it was giving 0.
This is related to the above issue and will be fixed with it as well.

CTgreen

Terrarian
Well, first, feel free to experiment with the fields available to the Omnipatcher to see what kind of things you do with it. It's kind of necessary, actually.
But, about your question - when a field is not present for an item, that can mean one of two things. Either the item doesn't use the field, or it uses a default value for the field which is defined somewhere else in Terraria. Chances are, the Katana's useTime happens to be equal to the default value for useTime, and so it doesn't have any code which sets useTime, because there's no need to (and so useTime doesn't show in the left column). There's also a third possibility - the Katana's logic uses the useAnimation value as a stand-in for useTime, which would mean useAnimation controls the swing speed.
The only way to know for sure is to experiment, because Terraria's weapon logic has no real pattern and many weapons reinvent the wheel on how they uses their values. Try forcefully adding a custom useTime value first and see if that changes anything (don't forget to scroll down to Step 4 and check the "confirm forcefully add invalid attributes" box).

Yes, this was just reported a couple hours ago and I've already identified it. Those persistent accessories and a few others have their effects multiplied by 20. It'll be fixed very soon in the next update.

This is related to the above issue and will be fixed with it as well.
Man, you're fast! You've identified bugs before I can report them, and replying to posts before I can try to sneak in ninja edits! haha

Just in case it's relevant, though, I tried to offer a bit more useful info to that last post. My edit seems to have been made after your reply, in case you missed it. Dunno if my shots in the dark help or not anyway, but there they are :p

Thanks for the explanation on the Omnipatcher stuff, that all makes perfect sense. I'll be a bit more bold in my tinkering! What's the worst that could happen?! *nervous chuckle*

Tuppence

Terrarian
By any chance, was that on a Journey mode world? There exists a player-toggleable biome spread switch in Journey mode, which the Eliminate Biome Spread tweak will defer to. In other words, Eliminate Biome Spread doesn't work on Journey mode worlds because Journey mode already gives a control for toggling biome spread.
Nope, not a Journey Mode world. It's on Normal.

Edit: took a few screenshots of my process -

Last edited:

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Terraria Tweaker 2 version 2.2.1403.1 for Terraria 1.4.0.3 is live!
This might be the final 1.4 compatibility update! In my testing, all tweaks are functioning with Terraria 1.4.0.3 - but please continue to report issues that you may be experiencing!

To download this update, go to the Downloads section of the OP, or launch TT2, go to the About page, and click the Check for Updates button.

What's coming next:

◆ Now that baseline 1.4 compatibility is (probably) complete, I can start on new content & patches for the new 1.4 stuff. As always, if you have suggestions, tell me about them!
◆ Regarding the Darwin Tool: Eventually, I will add the new 1.4 npcs to the Darwin Tool. There's about 100 of them, and because the Darwin Tool has more polish and does a lot more hand-holding than the Omnipatcher, it'll take a while for me to analyze and add them all.

Tuppence

Terrarian
Great! Seems to have worked, thanks for getting the fix out so quickly - biome spread successfully eliminated.

Does this tweak also disable the random chance of a new block of corruption/crimson/hallow on destroying demon altars? No way for me to easily test that on my end.

CTgreen

Terrarian
Would a tweak to prevent Antlion projectiles from creating sand blocks be feasible?

Now that deserts are more beautiful (and now that 10x spawning rate is a thing, super fun on classic difficulty btw) these little jerks spitting sand all over the place is an annoyance I could do without!

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Does this tweak also disable the random chance of a new block of corruption/crimson/hallow on destroying demon altars?
Probably not (honestly, I didn't even know that happened upon breaking altars). I'll see if I can find the logic that makes that happen, and if I can, making a way to disable that could very well appear a new tweak.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Would a tweak to prevent Antlion projectiles from creating sand blocks be feasible?

Now that deserts are more beautiful (and now that 10x spawning rate is a thing, super fun on classic difficulty btw) these little jerks spitting sand all over the place is an annoyance I could do without!
Yeah, that seems like an easy thing to do; it'd be in a similar vein to the "stop lava slimes from creating lava on death" tweak. I'll add that to my list.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
why inst work with external modify?
I remember in 1.3 and 1.2 working in externally modified.
View attachment 272899
Terraria Tweaker officially works only with vanilla Terraria. If you are trying to patch something that isn't vanilla Terraria, there is no guarantee that it will work. There are some other patches, like TerrariaPatcher, that Terraria Tweaker generally is compatible with, but that is always subject to change as those other patchers are changed by their creators. What worked today might not work tomorrow. That's just the way it is.

Marney

Golem
Now that baseline 1.4 compatibility is (probably) complete, I can start on new content & patches for the new 1.4 stuff. As always, if you have suggestions, tell me about them!
I know removing the happiness mechanic was already on your list, so I'm looking forward to that, but it would be great if you could also make pylons work whether NPCs are near them or not.

DracusNarcrym

Terrarian
Hello.

Back again to probably be a thorn, but my first attempt with trying to permapatch the game (I know, frowned upon... but I'm vain like that, and those few seconds saved at every startup can be precious to me, I guess) after version 2.2.1403.1, yielded apparently an error, that Omnipatcher tweaks could not be applied. TTApplicator mentioned "Tweak ID: 3100" failing to be applied.

Note here, I did not know that ID 3100 referred to the Omnipatcher, but since the first thing that I noticed upon loading the patched executable, was that my item tweaks were not applied, I only assumed such. The log file seems to check out with this observation.

I altered no tweaks in my tweaklist, as I had previously posted it in the thread, for this run. Meaning that, the previous versions of TT2, although technically incompatible, did not have this error.

I bundled my tweak list anew, with the corresponding TTApplication log for the failed permapatch attempt, in the attached .zip file.

Hope it is of help, and thanks much for the awesome stuff.

Attachments

CTgreen

Terrarian
: (

My PC power was interrupted during the Tweak & Launch phase, and now I see this when trying to go about things as normal.

I tried reinstalling Terraria, TT2, and "Repair" option on XNA Framework, but I'm not sure what I'm meant to do... Can I get a little help, please?

Capture.JPG

DracusNarcrym

Terrarian
: (

My PC power was interrupted during the Tweak & Launch phase, and now I see this when trying to go about things as normal.

I tried reinstalling Terraria, TT2, and "Repair" option on XNA Framework, but I'm not sure what I'm meant to do... Can I get a little help, please?

View attachment 272968
I'm going to suggest something but maybe do not try it unless you hear from TiberiumFusion himself first, because I have a feeling that my method might be a bit overkill.

Open up Windows Explorer, and in its address bar, try typing %AppData%\Terraria Tweaker 2 . This should land you in TT2's config files, which I believe do not get uninstalled when you uninstall TT2 (though I may be wrong with this, since I only ever used the standalone version). So if these got messed up during the power cut, it maybe your saving grace.

Anyway, in this directory, take all items except the Tweak Lists folder (so you keep your tweak lists intact, which should be what basically matters for you), and move all those items somewhere else. Deleting them would have the same effect, since the point is to make TT2 not see them anymore, but then it'd be a pain or nigh-impossible to get them back, if something goes wrong.

So once that's done, the only remaining item in this directory should be Tweak Lists.

At this point, you could reinstall TT2 again, and then run it, and see if it changes anything.

Lastly, though you did say that you tried to reinstall Terraria, you could try verifying its files just in case (it'll take no more than a few seconds, usually), mainly to make sure that the executable is vanilla. The XNA redist files shouldn't have any issues either.

Good luck, dude.

Top Bottom