• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Tool [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA! (1.4 compatible!)

Radenium

Spazmatism
They did change accessories in 1.4, now only accessopries that have a visual change on the character can be worn in those slots. Yeah, no more quick-switrching accerssories, just another of the player unfriendly " middle fingers they gave us. Just another way to say "you do it the way we tell you to". My best guess is that whatever makes those accessories usable has the text associated with it, and so since every item is now being made wearable in those slots, every item has the text.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Minor, display-only bug: with the social slots restored to their earlier function, storing accessories even if they don't have a visual, all items have that "Can be worn in vanity slots" text, including weapons and flower pots. It doesn't seem to harm anything, but I just thought I should report it anyway. Thanks for fixing that! `:happy:
I noticed that too, yeah. Not sure where it's coming from exactly, but it's harmless. If I've got some extra time to adjust little things like that, I'll see if I can fix it.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
They did change accessories in 1.4, now only accessopries that have a visual change on the character can be worn in those slots. Yeah, no more quick-switrching accerssories, just another of the player unfriendly " middle fingers they gave us. Just another way to say "you do it the way we tell you to". My best guess is that whatever makes those accessories usable has the text associated with it, and so since every item is now being made wearable in those slots, every item has the text.
Yes, I noticed that as well, and it is corrected by the Unrestrict Social Slots tweak. Enable it and you can put vanity-lacking accessories in the social slots again. It has a side effect of making all items have the tooltip text "Can be worn in vanity slots", though, but it's harmless.

Radenium

Spazmatism
I really do not mean to sound impatient or ungrateful but is a compatible update on the horizon tonight by any chance?

Radenium

Spazmatism
Not for me it doesn't, it forces into 1.4.0.3 and when I start a server I get this:

https://i.imgur.com/WqdsH6n.png

The problem is I am the server.... wanted to play with a friend so we could avoid the torch luck stuff, but that's what I get.

edit: Wait a minute, I just tried vanilla and it still says 1.4.0.3, but I got an update at 1:30 this afternoon.... and I still get the server error thing. Always breaking something with this game....

edit 2: Okay I had to go scorched earth on this and uninstall the game, delete every trace from my steam folder, and reinstall it. That worked! Of course I missed out on a day of getting to play it with my friendf because a simple f***ing update can't install properly, but you know, I'm not annoyed about that at AAAAAALLLL. F***ing hell, just leave the damn game alone already...

edit 3: Ah crap, until they add the vanity contest winner, there's always going to be at least one more update to screw around with stuff like this tool. great.

Last edited:

KaiserYoshi

Steampunker
I got bit by a similar issue this morning. It looks like it happened because TT2 assumes that Terraria will always be up-to-date at the moment of launch, and doesn't take into account that an update can be queued for installation but not yet installed.

This morning that exact scenario happened; I launched Terraria through TT2 not noticing that there was an update queued in Steam. After TT2 did its thing, Steam then downloaded the Terraria update, overwriting the tweaked version of Terraria, so when it loaded I found myself in vanilla Terraria 1.4.0.4. I then quit, and TT2 reverted that version (which it still naively thought was a tweaked 1.4.0.3) back to the vanilla 1.4.0.3 it had backed up. This caused subsequent launches to be 1.4.0.3 and not 1.4.0.4, which prevented me from loading my characters and worlds as they had already been accessed by a future version of Terraria. This persisted until I validated the Terraria install through Steam.

So, in case this can't be fixed: always check Steam to make sure there isn't an update waiting before you run TT2!

Radenium

Spazmatism
Terraria WAS updated when I tried launching TT2 though. It still gave me 1.4.0.3. Then I tried vanilla and I STILL got 1.4.0.3... despite the fact it had already launched the update. I had to jump through all those hoops to fix it.

I did get it up and running though, finally. Don't mind earlier, I was just b****ing and annoyed. And when I do that I vent and rant. Just weather the storm,. and it passes. lol. It works now so all is fine.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
I got bit by a similar issue this morning. It looks like it happened because TT2 assumes that Terraria will always be up-to-date at the moment of launch, and doesn't take into account that an update can be queued for installation but not yet installed.

This morning that exact scenario happened; I launched Terraria through TT2 not noticing that there was an update queued in Steam. After TT2 did its thing, Steam then downloaded the Terraria update, overwriting the tweaked version of Terraria, so when it loaded I found myself in vanilla Terraria 1.4.0.4. I then quit, and TT2 reverted that version (which it still naively thought was a tweaked 1.4.0.3) back to the vanilla 1.4.0.3 it had backed up. This caused subsequent launches to be 1.4.0.3 and not 1.4.0.4, which prevented me from loading my characters and worlds as they had already been accessed by a future version of Terraria. This persisted until I validated the Terraria install through Steam.

So, in case this can't be fixed: always check Steam to make sure there isn't an update waiting before you run TT2!
This is not an issue with Terraria Tweaker.

The problem here is that you are telling more than one application to modify a file. This is partially user error, not a flaw in Steam or TT2. The other part is that Steam should not replace any game files while they are running - Steam is misbehaving as well. The Steam client should have intercepted the Terraria launch while an update was queued and brought up the familiar "Game will launch when updates are finished downloading" dialog.

KaiserYoshi

Steampunker
This is not an issue with Terraria Tweaker.

The problem here is that you are telling more than one application to modify a file. This is partially user error, not a flaw in Steam or TT2. The other part is that Steam should not replace any game files while they are running - Steam is misbehaving as well. The Steam client should have intercepted the Terraria launch while an update was queued and brought up the familiar "Game will launch when updates are finished downloading" dialog.
It did bring up that dialog. It just did it after TT2 had patched the .exe. Was it supposed to do this before the patching happened?

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
It did bring up that dialog. It just did it after TT2 had patched the .exe. Was it supposed to do this before the patching happened?
No, but you should abort the Terraria launch if you get that prompt and ensure Terraria is up to date before doing anything else. This is just something you have to be conscious of when you use a patcher.

Radenium

Spazmatism
are you sure that is not an issue? That is exactly what happened with me. An update to 1.4.0.4 was queued but I didn't notice until I launched with TT2. It went onto 1.4.0.3 and then even vanilla would load 1.4.0.3 for me. It took reinstalling the game to get it to update correctly to 1.4.0.4.

You might wanna double check that, because I can confirm what he is saying.

Joeb7919

Terrarian
Try this:
1. Ensure Terraria Tweaker is not running.
2. Navigate to the TT2 savedata directory (%APPDATA%/Terraria Tweaker 2) where you will find files like settings.ttl and stats.ttl
3. Create a new file in this directory called "ttio.cfg"
4. Open ttio.cfg with a text editor and enter the following lines:
Code:
DisableSteamLaunch=true
LaunchWarningChoice=hackish
5. Save the file
6. Launch Terraria Tweaker
Worked fine on my GOG 1.4.0.3 after that. Both launching from the main program and creating a permanently patched version. Although on the patched version it gives me an error aabout harmony items, I do not know what those are but will test what I have added and if I find one that doesn't work I can try to do it through the program.

Thanks.

DracusNarcrym

Terrarian
Worked fine on my GOG 1.4.0.3 after that. Both launching from the main program and creating a permanently patched version. Although on the patched version it gives me an error aabout harmony items, I do not know what those are but will test what I have added and if I find one that doesn't work I can try to do it through the program.

Thanks.
That error isn't related to the fact that you're permapatching a GOG version (source: I'm getting it too lol, and I only use the Steam version), it's related to the fact that Harmony patches (whatever those are, don't ask me) apparently don't really play well with permapatched versions. Though I haven't noticed any issues related to this "error" in all my time of using TT2.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
are you sure that is not an issue? That is exactly what happened with me. An update to 1.4.0.4 was queued but I didn't notice until I launched with TT2. It went onto 1.4.0.3 and then even vanilla would load 1.4.0.3 for me. It took reinstalling the game to get it to update correctly to 1.4.0.4.
This is something you must be conscious of when using a patcher. It cannot hold your hand 100% of the time due to the nature of how a patcher works.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
harmony items, I do not know what those are
related to the fact that Harmony patches (whatever those are, don't ask me) apparently don't really play well with permapatched versions
The last few mainline 1.3.5.3 versions of Terraria Tweaker introduced some new tweaks using this massive timesaver called Harmony, which is an entirely different form of "patching" than the traditional MSIL rewriting I've always done. Harmony patches exist within TTApplicator (Terraria Tweaker 2's helper program that does all the patching work) - in other words, they do not exist within Terraria.exe. This is why that warning message appears when you create a permanently patched assembly. Without TTApplicator supervising the Terraria launch process from start to close, all tweaks using the Harmony agent will have zero data and thus cease to function.

Now that Harmony has proven to be quite stable, many (if not a good majority) of all new tweaks will be using Harmony. So, you really should avoid permapatching unless it absolutely cannot be helped and/or you aren't using the Harmony tweaks anyways.

Ruin

Golem
Hey @TiberiumFusion , thanks for the tool in general and for updating for 1.4 so fast.

I'd like to suggest some things if you don't mind;

Persistent Accessory Effects:
Soaring Insignia - Grants infinite flight to both boots and wings.

Miscellaneous Tweaks:
*Infinite Ammo
*Infinite Consumables
Custom Max Mana
Permanent Buffs (Namely potion effects like Shine)

Darwin Tool:
Eternia Crystal (To give it ludicrous HP so you can't fail the event)
And of course the addition of the two new town NPCs (Zoologist and Golfer), but I imagine those are already on the to-do list.

Thank you again!

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Hey @TiberiumFusion , thanks for the tool in general and for updating for 1.4 so fast.

I'd like to suggest some things if you don't mind;

Persistent Accessory Effects:
Soaring Insignia - Grants infinite flight to both boots and wings.

Miscellaneous Tweaks:
*Infinite Ammo
*Infinite Consumables
Custom Max Mana
Permanent Buffs (Namely potion effects like Shine)

Darwin Tool:
Eternia Crystal (To give it ludicrous HP so you can't fail the event)
And of course the addition of the two new town NPCs (Zoologist and Golfer), but I imagine those are already on the to-do list.

Thank you again!
Thanks much for all the ideas, they're in my list now. I'm holding off on a kind of Permanent Buffs patch because its a big TerrariaPatcher feature, but the rest are fair game.
I can't believe I never thought of giving the Eternia crystal more health but that seems like an incredibly helpful thing to have.

Ruin

Golem
Thanks much for all the ideas, they're in my list now. I'm holding off on a kind of Permanent Buffs patch because its a big TerrariaPatcher feature, but the rest are fair game.
I can't believe I never thought of giving the Eternia crystal more health but that seems like an incredibly helpful thing to have.
Thank you for third time! I'm glad to hear it.

I placed asterisks behind Infinite Ammo and Consumables because I was going to add that it might not be a simple job, yeah? I forgot to do so before posting and you had already liked the post before I noticed. Typically bad etiquette to edit after someone liked it. Anyway, I figure you didn't already have infinite ammo for a good reason. Still, worth suggesting.

Top Bottom