• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Tool [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA! (1.4 compatible!)

CTgreen

Terrarian
Hey @TiberiumFusion , thanks for the tool in general and for updating for 1.4 so fast.

I'd like to suggest some things if you don't mind;

Persistent Accessory Effects:
Soaring Insignia - Grants infinite flight to both boots and wings.

Miscellaneous Tweaks:
*Infinite Ammo
*Infinite Consumables
Custom Max Mana
Permanent Buffs (Namely potion effects like Shine)

Darwin Tool:
Eternia Crystal (To give it ludicrous HP so you can't fail the event)
And of course the addition of the two new town NPCs (Zoologist and Golfer), but I imagine those are already on the to-do list.

Thank you again!
FWIW, you can have practically infinite ammos and consumables right now with TT2's /item spawner tweak. Spawn in 999999 slices of pizza, and 999999 chlorophyte bullets, or 999999 whatever else it is you need. It'll take a good long while before you run out with a stack like that. Just don't right click to split those enormous stacks, because then they break down into the default stack sizes, as I recall. But if you keep them in the stack they spawn in at, they'll stack to whatever number you type in! Works with lots of items. Pretty much everything that stacks at all, no matter the default stack size.

For custom max mana, you can pop your character file into @YellowAfterlife 's TerraSavr tool right quick, make the edit, and replace your character save. It's done in your web browser and takes about 30 seconds, all in all. Instructions are all right there on the page, super easy. Back up saves before this, but I've never had any issues with this tool that I can recall in like 5+ years using it.

For longer lasting buffs, TT2's /buff tweak can give you most any buff for absurdly long durations, if you haven't tried that feature. (I too want Shine 100% of the time!) Only downside is you lose them if you die or the game forces them off of you for some reason... and having to manually look up the IDs and type them in. Takes like 2 minutes though, nbd. But if you are good at staying alive, it's nice to have buffs for entire play sessions. I too am looking forward to a tweak that allows us to keep buffs through death, though.

Not that I don't totally agree with your suggestions; just wanted to offer "right now" solutions, on the off chance you weren't aware of the cool stuff you could currently enjoy. : )

CTgreen

Terrarian
Err.. uhh... it just occurred to me that it might be something of a deck move to link to another creator's mod in your thread, TiberiumFusion.

Sorry if that's poor forum etiquette or anything! I have no idea if it's fine, or frowned upon, or if you two have a burning blood feud that goes back generations, or what! : P

Say the word, and I'll remove that part. I meant no offense to anyone.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Err.. uhh... it just occurred to me that it might be something of a deck move to link to another creator's mod in your thread, TiberiumFusion.

Sorry if that's poor forum etiquette or anything! I have no idea if it's fine, or frowned upon, or if you two have a burning blood feud that goes back generations, or what! : P

Say the word, and I'll remove that part. I meant no offense to anyone.
Terrasavr is the only working inventory editor I know of since 1.3.1, and it works great, so I recommend it to everyone. (rip TSGE)

Ruin

Golem
-snipped-
I already knew about that stuff, but thanks for trying to help.

Infinite Ammo/Buffs - For simplicity and "fire and forget" gameplay. I'm the type that likes to have constant character upgrades, and dislikes buff management. This way I "unlock" an upgrade of Night Owl or what-have-you.

Custom Max Mana - For allowing my stats to indefinitely increase over the game, so there's a constant feeling of progression.

I just wanted cleaner, more complete solutions to what's currently available. Trust me, I've been around the block when it comes to cheating bending Terraria, ha ha.

CTgreen

Terrarian
I already knew about that stuff, but thanks for trying to help.

Infinite Ammo/Buffs - For simplicity and "fire and forget" gameplay. I'm the type that likes to have constant character upgrades, and dislikes buff management. This way I "unlock" an upgrade of Night Owl or what-have-you.

Custom Max Mana - For allowing my stats to indefinitely increase over the game, so there's a constant feeling of progression.

I just wanted cleaner, more complete solutions to what's currently available. Trust me, I've been around the block when it comes to cheating bending Terraria, ha ha.
I feel the same way.

Games are generally more fun the more I get to play them, and the less I have to manage them. And having a higher (or limitless!) ceiling of progression sounds nice to me too. More seamless ways to achieve these things would certainly be welcome.

Thanks for clarifying your suggestions. Very well-said.

I like your vision for Terraria : )

Drakonius

Terrarian
Hello, I need help, when I activate my tweak list, the right click to equip stops working, it only picks the item up, vanilla Terraria works fine. Does anybody know how to fix it?

Edit:
It seems to be the maxStack for All Items tweak, game works fine without it, and it worked fine when I first activated it.

Last edited:

Joeb7919

Terrarian
The last few mainline 1.3.5.3 versions of Terraria Tweaker introduced some new tweaks using this massive timesaver called Harmony, which is an entirely different form of "patching" than the traditional MSIL rewriting I've always done. Harmony patches exist within TTApplicator (Terraria Tweaker 2's helper program that does all the patching work) - in other words, they do not exist within Terraria.exe. This is why that warning message appears when you create a permanently patched assembly. Without TTApplicator supervising the Terraria launch process from start to close, all tweaks using the Harmony agent will have zero data and thus cease to function.

Now that Harmony has proven to be quite stable, many (if not a good majority) of all new tweaks will be using Harmony. So, you really should avoid permapatching unless it absolutely cannot be helped and/or you aren't using the Harmony tweaks anyways.

What is not in terraria that you are using? Or is there a way to know what is harmony and what is not currently? Of course I know your program is not open source so if you don't want to share any of the code I understand.

Radenium

Spazmatism
Tweak suggestion: Never need keys to unlock locked chests/lockboxes, you can just unlock them as if you had the keys. Would be great for early dungeon/biome chest gear.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
is there a way to know what is harmony and what is not currently?
Harmony-based tweaks are designated by an H or HH tag in the in-program list.
What is not in terraria that you are using?
None of the functionality provided by Terraria Tweaker exists in Terraria. That's what a patcher does - it modifies a compiled assembly to introduce new instructions. For many good reasons, I've chosen to keep the functionality of Harmony tweaks outside of the Terraria assembly. Simply use Terraria Tweaker 2 as intended and you won't have to be conscious of or micromange any aspects of that.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
If so, how? It opens steam when I give the .exe file!
Are you using GoG Terraria? Try this:
1. Ensure Terraria Tweaker is not running.
2. Navigate to the TT2 savedata directory (%APPDATA%/Terraria Tweaker 2) where you will find files like settings.ttl and stats.ttl
3. Create a new file in this directory called "ttio.cfg"
4. Open ttio.cfg with a text editor and enter the following lines:
Code:
DisableSteamLaunch=true
LaunchWarningChoice=hackish
5. Save the file
6. Launch Terraria Tweaker

Remember: Terraria Tweaker does not officially support GoG. Any compatibility is coincidental.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Hello, I need help, when I activate my tweak list, the right click to equip stops working, it only picks the item up, vanilla Terraria works fine. Does anybody know how to fix it?

Edit:
It seems to be the maxStack for All Items tweak, game works fine without it, and it worked fine when I first activated it.
This is just a side effect of modifying quite literally every item in the game. When you make a change that big, there are bound to be side effects.

Kiitoauna

Terrarian
Hello everyone, so i saw this tool and i was wondering if was possible to add a feature of unlimited buffs slot or something like that.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Hello everyone, so i saw this tool and i was wondering if was possible to add a feature of unlimited buffs slot or something like that.
22 buffs is already pretty generous and I can't imagine ever needing more, but raising that limit is indeed on my list of ideas. The problem is that the 22 limit is hardcoded in a million places, so it would take a long time to patch them all. Maybe sometime later down the line I'll take a stab at it.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Terraria Tweaker 2 version 2.2.1404.0 for Terraria 1.4.0.4 is live!

This update adds 7 new tweaks to enhance your Terraria experience
► Updated Persistent Accessories Fishing Set to include the Lavaproof Fishing Hook
► New tweak: Enable Journey Mode in Other Difficulties - bring the creative powers of Journey Mode into your other worlds without decreasing the difficulty
► New tweak: Unrestrict Journey Mode Worlds - allows all your Regular, Expert, and Master characters to join Journey Mode worlds and gain Journey Mode powers
► New tweak: Visualize Remaining Chest Space - adds a handy little meter on the outside of all chests that shows how full each one is
► New tweak: Customize Wings Stats - Modify any set of wings in the game to have the flight time, flight speed & acceleration, and hoverboard features of your chosing
► New tweak: Fix Underworld Background - replace the atrocious 1.4 underworld background with the original one so you can actually see again
► New tweak: Fix Desert Fossils - prevent desert fossils from randomly breaking when you mine them
► New tweak: Fix Antlions - prevents Antlion spit from creating sand blocks (and may also work on other mobs with similar attacks)

Check the OP for updated download links or use TT2's inline updater to get this update.

Slaneesh

Duke Fishron
Terraria Tweaker 2 version 2.2.1404.0 for Terraria 1.4.0.4 is live!

This update adds 7 new tweaks to enhance your Terraria experience
► Updated Persistent Accessories Fishing Set to include the Lavaproof Fishing Hook
► New tweak: Enable Journey Mode in Other Difficulties - bring the creative powers of Journey Mode into your other worlds without decreasing the difficulty
► New tweak: Unrestrict Journey Mode Worlds - allows all your Regular, Expert, and Master characters to join Journey Mode worlds and gain Journey Mode powers
► New tweak: Visualize Remaining Chest Space - adds a handy little meter on the outside of all chests that shows how full each one is
► New tweak: Customize Wings Stats - Modify any set of wings in the game to have the flight time, flight speed & acceleration, and hoverboard features of your chosing
► New tweak: Fix Underworld Background - replace the atrocious 1.4 underworld background with the original one so you can actually see again
► New tweak: Fix Desert Fossils - prevent desert fossils from randomly breaking when you mine them
► New tweak: Fix Antlions - prevents Antlion spit from creating sand blocks (and may also work on other mobs with similar attacks)

Check the OP for updated download links or use TT2's inline updater to get this update.
What sort of impact would using Customize Wing Stats(on Red's Wings) and Fix Red's Wings together have? Would Fix Red's Wings apply after the customization?

Proxiehunter

Terrarian
Would a tweak that makes the miners helmet, night vision helmet, and ultrabright helmet provide their lighting effects when worn in the vanity slot be possible?

CTgreen

Terrarian
Would a tweak that makes the miners helmet, night vision helmet, and ultrabright helmet provide their lighting effects when worn in the vanity slot be possible?
Trouble with that is, then you're stuck with those ugly helmets in the vanity slots : P

It'd be better if they could just be made into persistent effect tweaks (invisibly, like accessories), I think.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
What sort of impact would using Customize Wing Stats(on Red's Wings) and Fix Red's Wings together have? Would Fix Red's Wings apply after the customization?
The effects of Fix Red's Wings will take priority over the effects of a Customize Wings Stats instance that modifies Red's Wings. This is because Fix Red's Wings effectively reintroduces the Terraria 1.2 logic, which has always been seperate from the pattern that the other wings use.

Top Bottom