• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Tool [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA! (1.4 compatible!)

SuperDude9k

Terrarian
I have another question, would it be possible to add useTurn as another "Modify all items" tweak? AutoReuse is nice, and I think being able to have useTurn as well would just be a cherry on top of that. Again, thank you for taking the time and effort to keep up with all of the requests you get as well as maintaining this tool!

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Hello, when I apply a tweak and load a world that was already created, I get this crash. It happens at around 60% map loading. I am not understanding what I am doing wrong. This happened for multiple tweaks ( I tried around 8-10 always this screen that pops up).
View attachment 275327
This means Terraria has run out of memory, and thus it halts and catches fire like all programs do in that situation. There are infinitely many and likely reasons why this can occur.
Chances are that any combination of the following things are affecting you:
- You have "Ensure Terraria Assembly is Large Address Aware" set to false in your Tweak List and you tried to load a large world
- You are on a 32-bit OS and thus Terraria cannot possibly acquire more than 3GB of memory, which is insufficient for Terraria 1.4 and large worlds
- You have some kind of Content replacement in effect (like one of those new texture packs) that demands much more memory than the vanilla content
- ReLogic screwed up big time (what a shocker, right?)

At any rate, please start a conversation with me (using the forums Conversations feature) so you can share the exact Tweak List you used, as well as other details to help diagnose the issue you're experiencing.

Last edited:

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
And if you can, could you add the 100% bestiary (100% I mean all entities and full info for each of them)
That would be right up TT2's alley, thanks for the suggestion.

Is there a way to change what NPCs (hostile and/or friendly) are immune to? I'd like to make the brain of confusion more useful, but I don't know can you do it with this.
You mean immunity to things like specialized accessory effects? Unfortunately, no. Well, it is possible, but there is no standard pattern for that kind of logic, and so creating a universal patch for that would likely be a 100+ hour job that would also require hundreds more manhours to maintain when Terraria updates break it. It's not worth it, I'm afraid.

Yup, and so does F1, which I want to use for something else. the camera mode hotkey is also missing from the controls menu so you can't change it.
Okay, that makes more sense now. I'll take a look at that.

Maybe remove the daily limit and/or the tree limit (so that every time you hit the base of a tree there's a chance of something dropping)?
I'll add that to my list, but tree shaking is a pretty miniscule mechanic in the greater Terraria game, so it'll have a low priority.

I have another question, would it be possible to add useTurn as another "Modify all items" tweak? AutoReuse is nice, and I think being able to have useTurn as well would just be a cherry on top of that. Again, thank you for taking the time and effort to keep up with all of the requests you get as well as maintaining this tool!
Sure, adding another one of those properties is relatively quick.

Slaneesh

Duke Fishron
I should take the time to properly thank you for your outstanding patcher. It gives an excellent amount of freedom to how I want to enjoy singleplayer Terraria(And multiplayer to some extent; even if not officially supported.)

While there are some features that I wish could make it in, it'd paint the patcher more like a cheat client(not that it's already used as one anyway). Some examples would be a better noclip that handles vertical, but it's not exactly something a lot of people use.

Once again, thank you for your dedicated work towards the patcher and filling in all the suggestions people put in, whether they are miniscule or drastic!

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
I should take the time to properly thank you for your outstanding patcher. It gives an excellent amount of freedom to how I want to enjoy singleplayer Terraria(And multiplayer to some extent; even if not officially supported.)
Thanks for giving Terraria Tweaker a try :)

While there are some features that I wish could make it in, it'd paint the patcher more like a cheat client(not that it's already used as one anyway). Some examples would be a better noclip that handles vertical, but it's not exactly something a lot of people use.
Yeah, Terraria Tweaker walks a bit of a line between a gameplay enhancer and a potential griefing tool. Bit of trivia: Terraria Tweaker started out as this thing I made called FixTerraria, with the intent to improve the game and correct ReLogic's constant screwups. It has since evolved to cover quite a wide variety of patches, but I do indeed try to keep firmly on the side of game enhancer rather than griefing tool. That's more the realm of CE culture and the precious tables they grind out anyways.

M. Vonel

Skeletron Prime
Any chance for a projectile editor? (Examples: Stars for the holy arrows, starfury star projectiles, zapinator lasers.)

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Any chance for a projectile editor? (Examples: Stars for the holy arrows, starfury star projectiles, zapinator lasers.)
Copypasta from yesterday:
The projectile design logic isn't too horrible, but the hundreds of various implementation are a rancid mess that would take a lot of time to reliably patch. Getting some kind of projectile editor up and running is on my list of big things to eventually do, however, when I have enough extra time for it.

Marney

Golem
Hmm, is there any way to lower all incoming damage to the player by a percentage? I've looked through the options and if it's there I can't seem to find it.

I don't mind the HP bloat of the Master Mode enemies, and I don't have any problems with the bosses, but it's very irritating to have random creatures slap me for nothing less than 1/4 to 1/2 of my health when I'm just roaming around, exploring and building. There's no added danger, not really; it's merely a lot more downtime. I'm constantly on edge for no good reason.

Expert Mode damage values were just fine, imo. Serious but not stupid.

What a shallow, silly disappointment this "final challenge" turned out to be...

Marney

Golem
Power Scale under miscellaneous tweaks might be close to what you're looking for. Scaling defense up will make all armor more effective.
Oh! I didn't notice the tweak had its own individual scroll bar. Thank you! `:happy:

Hmm, although that'll make static damage sources like spikes and lava trivial...

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Hmm, is there any way to lower all incoming damage to the player by a percentage? I've looked through the options and if it's there I can't seem to find it.

I don't mind the HP bloat of the Master Mode enemies, and I don't have any problems with the bosses, but it's very irritating to have random creatures slap me for nothing less than 1/4 to 1/2 of my health when I'm just roaming around, exploring and building. There's no added danger, not really; it's merely a lot more downtime. I'm constantly on edge for no good reason.

Expert Mode damage values were just fine, imo. Serious but not stupid.

What a shallow, silly disappointment this "final challenge" turned out to be...
If you're unhappy with the master mode difficulty scaling (which I absolutely agree was cheap and hasty), there is a new tweak in development which will allow you to control the difficulty scaling factors (enemy hp, enemy spawn rate, damages, etc.) on a per-difficulty basis. It will most likely be in the next update.

Joeb7919

Terrarian
When trying to use the chest names tweak, I get this crash when trying to load terraria.

I tried it with a new tweak list and only the Show Chest Names on Chest Tweak. I did not change any options or anything else.

Attachments

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
When trying to use the chest names tweak, I get this crash when trying to load terraria.

I tried it with a new tweak list and only the Show Chest Names on Chest Tweak. I did not change any options or anything else.
Something is (mis)configured on your machine and your .NET install thinks it's loading a remote assembly when its not.
Things to check:
- Did Windows "block" any of Terraria Tweaker 2's files? For every single file in TT2's program files, right click it, choose Properties, and click "Unblock" if there's a warning about "this file came from the web" or similar. Then try to launch Terraria with your Tweak List.
- What version of Windows are you using and what version of .NET do you have installed? If you have 5.0 preview installed (which is a really bad idea), you should uninstall it. The latest release version of the .NET Framework is version 4.8 for Win 7, 8.1, and 10.
- Ensure your antivirus is not blocking any of Terraria Tweaker 2's files. You may need to add an exclusion for TT2.

Ranoru

Skeletron
When I use tweak open chest without keys, it somehow deletes all my item in my inventory (in the void and piggy is not)
Also, there is a tiny bug about enable Journey mode any world: You can't control wind unless you disable wind changing

Radenium

Spazmatism
Can confirm what Ranoru experienced. I tried opening a biome chest early without the key (and before Plantera) and not only did the chest NOT open (can that be fixed too, so they can open before Plantera?) but I lost everything in my inventory except a couple things. I quickly alt-F4'd and luckily the last autosave interval was just before that point so I was able to get my stuff back. Others might not be so lucky...

Also, is it possible to add a go-to-mouse function on a keypress? Basically Rod of Discord on command. I often use GTM tweaks because it just makes getting around so much more convenient, and you can make floating bases/houses without needing to compromise with teleport pads, or rope, or having to build it on the ground for enemies can get in etc.

Ath3l

Terrarian
I can't believe I hadn't though of that before. I'll add it to my list of suggestions and it might show up very soon in an update.
It does not seem to work correctly when i try to validate the house made in corruption it will still state the house is invalid.

Joeb7919

Terrarian
Something is (mis)configured on your machine and your .NET install thinks it's loading a remote assembly when its not.
Things to check:
- Did Windows "block" any of Terraria Tweaker 2's files? For every single file in TT2's program files, right click it, choose Properties, and click "Unblock" if there's a warning about "this file came from the web" or similar. Then try to launch Terraria with your Tweak List.
- What version of Windows are you using and what version of .NET do you have installed? If you have 5.0 preview installed (which is a really bad idea), you should uninstall it. The latest release version of the .NET Framework is version 4.8 for Win 7, 8.1, and 10.
- Ensure your antivirus is not blocking any of Terraria Tweaker 2's files. You may need to add an exclusion for TT2.
The first item was the issue. When I checked every item in the folder I extracted the program to showed as blocked. So I went through them all and unblocked averything. Then it worked fine.

I am curious as to why it only did it to this version and none of the previous ones. I am on windows 10 and net framework is at 4.6.

Randenium said:
Can confirm what Ranoru experienced. I tried opening a biome chest early without the key (and before Plantera) and not only did the chest NOT open (can that be fixed too, so they can open before Plantera?) but I lost everything in my inventory except a couple things. I quickly alt-F4'd and luckily the last autosave interval was just before that point so I was able to get my stuff back. Others might not be so lucky...

Also, is it possible to add a go-to-mouse function on a keypress? Basically Rod of Discord on command. I often use GTM tweaks because it just makes getting around so much more convenient, and you can make floating bases/houses without needing to compromise with teleport pads, or rope, or having to build it on the ground for enemies can get in etc.
Same here, except I used the research to make it so I could recreate my stuff. But it freaked me out when I first did it in the dungeon.

When I did it to a shadow chest in hell it did not take anything. It did unlock the chest and I could get the stuff out.

Last edited:

Radenium

Spazmatism
Ah, I didn't know it worked on other chests. I lost my inventory,. freaked, Alt-F4'd as fast as I could and immediately disabled the tweak cause I didn't want that happening again.

Top Bottom