• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Tool [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA! (1.4 compatible!)

GooUckd

Terrarian
I've had this sort of discussion with Tiberium before, the only officially supported versions will be the vanilla assembly of the steam version, as well as the GOG version. I doubt this will change unless there is another official vanilla version(which I doubt.)
Aw man. Would have loved it!

Prute

Terrarian
I'm not sure if it's a bug or just some game peculiarity, but if I have screenwide reach enabled and try to open a chest far from the player it won't open(it's opening and closing instantly), this happens only at the base I built, this started happening after I put a ton of chests and mannequins, so maybe they somehow affect each other.
If there is some way to fix it, this would be great.

BIG_OOF

Terrarian
BRUHHH! I just looked to the description, I didn’t even tried it yet and it’s ALREADY ᴄʀᴀᴢʏ! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ I’m going STRAIGHT downloading it!

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Thank you for the suggestion. On further inspection, linux terraria appears to use a separate binary. Can't get it working with wine unfortunately, and there is not much info since these days the game runs fine "natively" (I imagine it's really a wine wrapper, though). How difficult would it be to apply the tweaks to the linux binary?
This is a bit of a rabbit hole. Terraria for Linux is compiled with FNA, which is a Mono-based retargeting of XNA. The compiled Terraria module for both the Windows and Linux assemblies should be nearly identical, if not perfectly identical, but the assembly structure around it could be quite different. I live happily in the greener grass of the Windows world, so I'm afraid I don't know specifically why that could be. It could be as a simple as a slightly different encoding or as nasty as a totally different bootstrapper specifically made for Linux.

So - Terraria for Linux isn't using Wine (which is very good, else you'd get horrible performance) because it has its own pseudo-native assembly that runs on Mono. The Linux Terraria crowd is fairly small and Terraria Tweaker runs on just my free time, so, unfortunately, I don't have the time to research and adapt the patching process for that Linux Terraria binary. That said, however, if you happen to come across some magic feather handshake layer that solves all these problems, I'd be happy to include it with Terraria Tweaker.

If you're feeling adventurous, you could get a copy of a real Windows Terraria install and try to get it to run via Wine. It's been a while since I used Wine for anything, but if I recall correctly, the iffy D3D9 implementation you can get with Wine does meet the minimum feature level that Terraria requires (which should be 9 Level 3). You could then use Terraria Tweaker 2 on the .NET Terraria assembly instead of the Mono-based binary, try to patch it, and hope for the best.

I'm actually amazed you got Terraria Tweaker 2 to run via Wine, especially since TT2 uses unimpressive .NET 4.0/NT 6.x features that were once a pipe dream for Wine. The last time I used Wine for something, it had barely any kind of WPF support and CLR v4 support was also just barely out of some alpha or beta stage. Well... that was in 2014, though, which I just realized was a solid 6 years ago.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Hey, I was wondering...
Could you make this comaptible with TerraHAX?
Just wondering... ._.
(Ps: I can send the GitHub link.)
(Pss: Edit: So, when I launch it with the externally modified one, it says it cannot save. (I just need 1 patch, lol).
BUUUT, when I use it with normal Terraria, it works. And, when I create new tweak lists, they don't appear. ._. (Not until I switch tabs, or something.) That might just be me, but you should check it out.Edit2.0: Could you add a feature that makes it so, you don't need saving..? No need do, ofcourse.)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but TerraHAX looks like a modified Terraria.exe - in other words, not vanilla. Terraria Tweaker 2 only officially supports vanilla Terraria. General compatibility with other versions of Terraria is possible, but purely coincidental. At times, I might devise a little compatibility with some big name modifications, but that is very selective and never guaranteed.

Why this is the way it is:
This project runs on just my free time. Terraria Tweaker has about 100 individual patches now, which clock in somewhere around 1000 manhours of labor - if I was to implement compatibility for a third-party modification, that would very likely mean redoing a majority of those 100 patches. So that's up to 1000 manhours again. Then the third-party author changes their modification, and I have to redo it all again. There's another possible 1000 manhours. And so on, and so forth. And that's just compatibility with one third-party modification. You probably get the picture.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Is there anyway you can allow it to add multiple tweaks at once? For instance when pulling up a list allow us to hold ctrl and select multiple items then press the add tweaks button to add all the selected?
Yeah.... it's about time I did that. Terraria Tweaker 2 now has somewhere between 2 and 3 times the number of tweaks it had at launch. I absolutely agree that it's gotten to slow to add them all now. Multiselect will be in the next update.

Requesting Tweak Addition: Map Downloader that lets you download something via capture using two points.
What do you mean by "downloader"? Do you mean a way to forcibly request tile data from a server?

As stated in the error message, some other application has locked Terraria.exe and so Terraria Tweaker 2 is unable to do anything with it. You must close the program you have open that is locking Terraria.exe. If you're positive that you didn't open a program that locks Terraria.exe, download and install a tool like Unlocker, which can be used to find and kill locking handles that other applications secretly place on files.

Yo, so heres a think: Idk if its a bug or intetional, so ill just say it.
The /item doesn't work in multiplayer. The items dont spawn.
Thanks for the report. This used to work in multiplayer, but might not anymore because of the new secure parameter in the Terraria Server config. Try setting secure to 0 on your server, then try spawning items again. As a client patcher, there are simply some things that Terraria Tweaker 2 cannot do - namely bypassing unknown, remote validation checks.
The Item Spawner is a big ticket tweak, though, so I will be exploring creative ways to get it working in multiplayer again.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or just some game peculiarity, but if I have screenwide reach enabled and try to open a chest far from the player it won't open(it's opening and closing instantly), this happens only at the base I built, this started happening after I put a ton of chests and mannequins, so maybe they somehow affect each other.
If there is some way to fix it, this would be great.
Interesting, thanks for the report. I'll take a look at what might be happening.

Xewdicy

Terrarian
I was wondering, does terraria tweaker 2 work with tmodloader since they are seperate files, if so how do you do it?

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
I was wondering, does terraria tweaker 2 work with tmodloader since they are seperate files, if so how do you do it?
As stated in the OP:
*General* Compatibility with Other Terraria Modifications:
TerrariaPatcher: Yes :D
■ tModLoader: Not by design, but I've seen TT2 patches run just fine on top of 10+ tModLoader mods :)
In other words, there is absolutely no guarantee of compatibility with tModLoader; however, many tweaks happen to be compatible by pure coincidence.

Xewdicy

Terrarian
As stated in the OP:

In other words, there is absolutely no guarantee of compatibility with tModLoader; however, many tweaks happen to be compatible by pure coincidence.
Basically what I'm wanting to know is how to do it, since I've tried asking many places to know how to use it for tmodloader because I'm having trouble figuring it out

M. Vonel

Skeletron Prime
Would there be a way to make the digging molecart dig through silt and stuff like that? (Mainly for experimental purposes.)

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Basically what I'm wanting to know is how to do it, since I've tried asking many places to know how to use it for tmodloader because I'm having trouble figuring it out
???
Like I said: There is absolutely no guarantee of compatibility with tModLoader; however, many tweaks happen to be compatible by pure coincidence. A coincidence is an unplanned and unexpected behavior. How can I give you instructions for something that is unplanned, unexpected, and random chance?
If some of your preferred tweaks happen to successfully patch with tModLoader's assembly, well, there you go - something happened to be compatible.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Would there be a way to make the digging molecart dig through silt and stuff like that? (Mainly for experimental purposes.)
I'll add that to my list of suggestions. In the meantime, try enabling the Fix Antlions tweak in the Darwin Tool section. It seems unrelated, but it will cause falling sand/silt to drop as items instead of tiles. That might achieve what you're looking for.

Is it possible to add a modifier to an armor like an accessory?
Yes, use the Set Item Prefix tweak.

M. Vonel

Skeletron Prime
I'll add that to my list of suggestions. In the meantime, try enabling the Fix Antlions tweak in the Darwin Tool section. It seems unrelated, but it will cause falling sand/silt to drop as items instead of tiles. That might achieve what you're looking for.
Will have to test it out. Just asked because it appears once the molecart detects silt it forcibly stops so I figure the hard stopping is coded in somewhere.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Terraria Tweaker 2 version 2.2.1404.3 for Terraria 1.4.0.4 is live!
This hotkeys and hotfixes update adds 5 new tweaks + improvements to old tweaks to enhance your Terraria experience.

New tweak: Magic Mirror Hotkey - Activate your Magic Mirror with a hotkey of your choosing! You can even make the hotkey work without having a Magic Mirror in your inventory!
New tweak: Money Trough Hotkey - Summon your Flying Piggybank with a hotkey of your choosing! You can even make the hotkey work without having a Money Trough in your inventory!
New tweak: Portable Crafting Guide - Call up the Guide's crafting guide with a hotkey of your choosing! No Guide NPC required!
New tweak: Modify Eternia Crystal - Defending this POS sucks, right? Now you can give it as much health and defense as you want!
New tweak: Classic Gravity Control - Flip gravity without flipping your screen! It's just like 1.2 again - and "flying" forever with gravity potions has never been easier!
New tweak: Persistent Accessories Set 5 - Mobility - Includes the Lightning Boots, Lava Waders, Ice Skates, Bundle of Balloons, Lucky Horseshoe, Flying Carpet, Frog Gear, Inner Tube, Step Stool, Soaring Insignia, and Gravity Globe
Improved the Item Spawner tweak to work in multiplayer
You can now set a custom tile reach radius in the Screenwide+ Place/Break Range tweak
You can now set a custom item pickup radius in the Screenwide+ Item Pickup Range tweak
You can now add multiple new tweaks at once with the New Tweak button
Improved the Screenwide+ Place/Break Range tweak's chest reach to work when many chests are on screen at once
► Fixed a bug in the various hotkey tweaks where they could activate while typing in chat
► Fixed a bug where the useTurn Global Attribute Modification tweak would turn into an autoReuse

As usual, check the OP for updated download links or use TT2's inline updater to get this update.

Vaelisious

Terrarian
Can you stop pushing out such good updates? This is insane! I wanna say I love you... but... my wife... what if she is watching?

I DON'T CARE! TAKE MY LOVE!

Seriously. I can tell that you work with dedication on it, I can tell by the Quality of those Updates. Thank you very much (AGAIN!)
- V.

Top Bottom