THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
bit of a noob question here, but how do i actually use the tweaks? I add the tweaks the tweaklist and launch but how do I actually modify, say, the max no. of minions? I also read some tweaks mentioning in-game chat commands, what are those commands and is there a full list of them somewhere?

bit of a noob question here, but how do i actually use the tweaks? I add the tweaks the tweaklist and launch but how do I actually modify, say, the max no. of minions? I also read some tweaks mentioning in-game chat commands, what are those commands and is there a full list of them somewhere?
If you look to the right of the name of the tweak you added (in tweak list) there will be a button that says "View" or "Edit" (and Done if Edit is clicked)
If there's an edit button then it will allow you change some value, like in the case of max Minions.

If there's a "View" button it will display some info about that tweak, and this is where you'll find chat commands.

If you look to the right of the name of the tweak you added (in tweak list) there will be a button that says "View" or "Edit" (and Done if Edit is clicked)
If there's an edit button then it will allow change some value, like in the case of max Minions.

If there's a "View" button it will display some info about that tweak, and this is where you'll find chat commands.
thanks

This is definitely an ambitious tweak to ask for, but I thought of a Journey mode automatic inventory restock tweak. Ammo, potions, and food get replenished to their max stack so long as you have them fully researched in Journey mode.

I thought about including blocks, walls, and furniture too, but it'd be annoying to deconstruct a build and have every thing inside it fill your inventory instantly. Also, because the coin gun exists, coins should be an exception for the ammo to prevent them from flooding the inventory when killing monsters. Maybe allow platinum coins, but it can be easy to accumulate gold into a platinum coin during hardmode events and invasions if you have the difficulty slider set to expert mode or higher.

Another way to solve the possible inventory issue is if it also came with a feature that deletes duplicate item stacks in the inventory. This would also restrict the few ways ammo and potions could also fill your inventory like when breaking pots, looting chests, and killing monsters. Still not sure about including blocks, walls and furniture even with this though.

Last edited:
Another suggestion: a way to view the current spawn rate of monsters/NPCs, in the same way the patcher let's you reveal the player's luck stat as a stat next to the other cell phone info.

Oh wow, thanks for the theory! I've already gotten back on track with my work, passing the #500 mark now, and while I'm writing this reply, I'd also like to take this opportunity to say some things.

QUESTIONS I'D LIKE TO ASK

1. How can you trace back tweak ID's? I've gotten some errors while launching the tweaklist and I can't seem to Identify what the ID pertains to.

2. What are exactly the risks of permanently patching the assembly? In the given warning, it said that "With a permanently-patched terraria assembly, Tweaks that utilize the Harmony patching agent will likely cease to function or cause unintended behavior . . .". Does that mean I'm doomed to manually launching the assembly if one of my tweaks include the Harmony patching agent and/or the hybrid? Are there more things to be aware of?

BUGS I NOTICED:

1. The Starting items tweak doesn't appear to work, I was thinking this may be for items that doesn't use prefixes, but from what I saw it seems like the game overrides the patch, or that it just doesn't work (I set the non-prefix items' prefix ID to 0). I also didn't receive an error when launching so I knew that it wasn't ignored.

2. Technically a typo, but in the warning for making social slots functional, the word "permanently" was misspelled (it said "permantely").

3. I'm not even sure if "bug" is the correct term, but I would also like to report that while working on the Darwin Tool, I noticed that several NPC's are completely missing (BoC Creepers, Spore Bat, and Servant of Cthulhu are the ones I seem to remember).

Well that's about it for me, and I want to also thank you for making and updating TT2!

Last edited:
Hey uhh, have you tried using the Relic Spawn tweak? Doesn't work for me, wire pulse or right-click doesn't do anything. Just wanted to know if it's only me that doesn't work

So I made a new tweaklist with only the Relic Spawning and yep, it now works. It's probably that some of the tweaks from the previous tweaklist conflicted with it so I couldn't activate it, I'm going to check later what went wrong

(EDIT: after a whole day of just checking what was causing the problem it turned out to be an Omnipatcher tweak that I didn't even use to manipulate the relics. All I changed was weapons, potions and magic mirrors. What I've noticed from the tweaks itself that were the problem was that they were actually the same tweaks that failed to patch [Only the failed tweaks from the Omnipatcher were the ones that broken the relicSpawn tweak], and this could be a real problem to big projects since as you said there is no current way to trace back a Tweak ID, meaning that ppl like me have to scour everything just to find a single tweak causing the issue. It is also possible that it's the same reason that the starting items tweak doesn't work for me).

I've also been poking around with it for a while and that brought me into a suggestion (or 2): (1) What if there was a tweak where you could modify bosses by disabling them to despawn / enrage (optional if both) when going into another biome or reaching a certain time, (2) and what if there was another tweak to make any boss spawn in any biome without restrictions / despawning immediately?

(Quick Bonus Suggestion: What if you add a "Uncheck/Check All" Tweaks in a certain category? It's a bit tiring to manually do that the more tweaks you have)

Last edited:
Could someone tell me how modify any item works? how do i do it?

So you first need to say what item you're changing. This is done by putting the Item Id (You have to first click on the attribute editor on the tweak itself). You can search the internet for the Item ID's of various items. After that the patcher will check if the Item ID is valid, so to update that you just have to click on something that isn't the Item ID input. If it says "GOOD", then you can now perform a scan. When there it shows you 2 columns: a blue one and a red one. The contents of the blue one has the attributes of the item itself, including the value (Although TT2 is not yet up-to-date with all of the 1.4 items but they're still there nonetheless). The red one contains the attributes the item is not meant to possess in vanilla Terraria. You can change the values by putting a number (or true/false depending on the data type) to change the attribute (If you don't know what attributes are or you don't memorize them, then you can also search the web for that, stuff like what it does, what items have it, etc.) Before moving on you also need to tick the "modify to" box in order to make the program do those changes in the first place. If you have some changes in the red column, then just scroll down and tick the "Forcefully Apply Invalid Attributes" box.

WARNING: Playing with attributes in the red column can rarely make Terraria crash before it even boots. Should it happen you should know you're still ok, a pop-up will appear saying something went wrong and from there you can just abort the patching, everything reverts back to its original state. This only happens if you apply attributes that are totally not for the item (i.e. Making potions as an accessory [not sure about that but you get the example])

The complexity may scare you a bit, but the nervousness wears off if you regularly use it

Remember how I said that the magic weapons like the rainbow gun, clinger staff, nimbus cloud, don't last long enough and you have to recast it constantly? I thought your new turret time tweak might apply to it but i guess not :p

Remember how I said that the magic weapons like the rainbow gun, clinger staff, nimbus cloud, don't last long enough and you have to recast it constantly? I thought your new turret time tweak might apply to it but i guess not :p

All those are just projectiles with long life times. :p

On Windows 7 (fully updated, 64 bit), there seems to be a problem with ending the process of TT2.
I always ( mostly ) have to kill the process after quitting the program.
Not a big issue, just a bit more work.

Also: I tried to change the lit area of the white torch, but that does not seem to work, is that hardcoded or does it not work because torches, like some other items, have sub-group IDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom