THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also: I tried to change the lit area of the white torch, but that does not seem to work, is that hardcoded or does it not work because torches, like some other items, have sub-group IDs?

Not sure how you tried to edit it but, light for torches is handled elsewhere, as in, what we can edit is the item itself, the light for it is likely handled in... Tiles perhaps?

is that a option to change in terraria tweaker or am i blind
Nope, at least not yet, might be possible when we get that sweet plugin system, but not sure, as I don't know enough about this to be certain. :p
It is likely possible with cheat engine, as I've found quite a few cool things you can do with that, but its much more tedious, and has a few... interesting but annoying side effects though lifetime for those would likely not have the annoying part.

Last edited:
Update:
1. TiberiumFusion, I cannot reproduce that "have to kill the TT2 process after quitting TT2"-issue, it might be aswell a windows problem of course.
It does though seem to happen every time TT2 restarts itself ( initiated by visual theme changes as an example )
2. TiberiumFusion & Kats, I tried to change the torch light radii by using the omnipatcher and changing the x+y size fields, but just realized that's for the torch sprite instead, D'oh! Issue solved.
3. TiberiumFusion, More praise: I finally got rid of the "bullet" that those gunswords shoot, Thank You!! I always found that super annoying.

A small suggestion: Can TTapplicator maybe receive the standard windows controls to make it a maximizable/cascadeable/custom-sized window?

And a question to fellow TT2 Modders: Some pickaxes emit particles and apparently i am a bit light-sensitive. Is it possible to get rid of those particles?
SurfPup made a list ( List of Dusts ) but that is for T-Config and i do not want to use more than 1 tool for modding.

2. TiberiumFusion & Kats, I tried to change the torch light radii by using the omnipatcher and changing the x+y size fields, but just realized that's for the torch sprite instead, D'oh! Issue solved.
Ahh, yes, that's for the entity when dropped on ground, which basically decides how close you need to be before it starts drifting towards you to get picked up. :p

And a question to fellow TT2 Modders: Some pickaxes emit particles and apparently i am a bit light-sensitive. Is it possible to get rid of those particles?
SurfPup made a list ( List of Dusts ) but that is for T-Config and i do not want to use more than 1 tool for modding.

Hmm not in TT2 atm I believe.
I think those particle effects uses the "PixelShader" (contains a CSO file, aka, compiled shader code) file, but it could also just be the really long Dust code and XNA doing it all, either way I don't see a way.
Might just be me not knowing though. :p

Did try various things to disable the PixelShader file but obviously it doesn't really want me to do so and gives an XNA error on startup haha.

Update:
Re-Logic made a .json to optionally disable flashes like lightning in thunderstorms, but they will only expand the list if more people are demanding it

For TT2 however, you can just use the Omnipatcher to just make every pickaxe to something like a copper pickaxe (which doesn't have the particles) Then just match every pickaxe to it's corresponding pickaxe power (If your now considering in overhauling every pickaxe for that, you might want to wait until the anniversary update for TT2 on July 12, which includes the new plugin feature which is according to recent posts, a more versatile kind of Omnipatcher [Correct me if I'm wrong in some parts])

Last edited:
Not sure how customizable something like this could be, but I have some ideas that I would love to get:

1. Chest font customization (smaller size and not diagonal)
2. The bar that indicates how full a chest is: have the option to show a % number next to it, or on the chest.
3. Show a timer somewhere, or any indication of how much flight time you have left, ammount of ammunition remaining
4. If possible, add keys to change your ammunition (and having them display all time as I mentioned, similar to the luck attribute display tweak)
5. Disable double tap dodge, and add the option of adding a binding.
6. Only auto consume potions and food that is selected as favorite.

7. Not sure how something like this would be possible, but I was thinking on the possibility to open a chest, pig, etc (or another alternative to do the same), have a chest with certain items in it, and having a button to automatically equip equipments, accessories and dyes (or the option to swap between all your social and equipment items). Basically to have multiple loadouts and change them quickly.

8. Not sure in how often happens, but Im currently playing as ranger, using shroomite armor, and I really dislike that the invisibility is automatically after you stay still. I was wondering fi its possible to add a toggle to enable it and disable it.

9. Add custom sound, color or indicators or crits. Also expand items description (knockback for example)

10. Add a way to use wormhole potion to the closes member of your party, or choose someone as favorite.

11. Add a key similar to seeing the name of the chests, but when you open map, be able to see small text, or some sort of indication of stuff you have explored (planteras bulb, chests, strange plants, statues, etc)

12. Auto jump while holding space.

13. Maybe have an auto house builder, or add a tweak that creates a macro creating a house as fast as possible.

14. Option to change hover control up/down and also activate bonus effect to other keys.

15. Terraria script - Gaming Scripts searching on google I found that autohotkey that adds some interesting options, one in particular was toggling mining to different directions, based on the position of the mouse, with the addition of choosing how many tiles wide you wanted to place/destroy, etc.

Allow to do auto actions of most things, even toggle. An overlay in game of the keys added would be nice, even a toggle indicator.

Im sorry if this sounds like a lot. im simply enjoying the tweaks already in it, and considering tmodloader will take a long time, having quality of makes the game better.

Thank you

Last edited:
5. Disable double tap dodge, and add the option of adding a binding.

Omg yes, I've been looking into how this works and can't wrap my head around it at all, I hate double tap and just want to bind it to shift or right click (and rebind the current functions of course).
Its actually one of those things I'm legit surprised isn't an option in vanilla game, I'd say there's quite a large portion who hate double tapping, its so awkward lol.
Double tap down/up for some armor sets is fine, its just the EoC shield/Master Ninja Gear that I love, yet hate using because of the double-tap.

Omg yes, I've been looking into how this works and can't wrap my head around it at all, I hate double tap and just want to bind it to shift or right click (and rebind the current functions of course).
Its actually one of those things I'm legit surprised isn't an option in vanilla game, I'd say there's quite a large portion who hate double tapping, its so awkward lol.
Double tap down/up for some armor sets is fine, its just the EoC shield/Master Ninja Gear that I love, yet hate using because of the double-tap.

Yeah, Terraria in general is an amazing game, but there are so many quality of life options that could improve the game exponentially, all of them already exist in tnodloader, but I know thats gonna take a while to happen for 1.4

Anyway, double tap is indeed super akward, it feels kind of like the second tap has a big double tap window, like even after 1-2 seconds. Many times I end up doing double tap without wanting to actually do it.

Anyway, double tap is indeed super akward, it feels kind of like the second tap has a big double tap window, like even after 1-2 seconds. Many times I end up doing double tap without wanting to actually do it.

Oh god yes, don't know how many times I've died because I forgot to unequip shield and just dash off a building I'm making, or dashed into enemies...

Even those explosive traps with huge ore veins! God, scared the beejeezus out of me :dryadconfused: .
That one was just unlucky, but the fact that the dash is what caused it still sucks lmao.

So you first need to say what item you're changing. This is done by putting the Item Id (You have to first click on the attribute editor on the tweak itself). You can search the internet for the Item ID's of various items. After that the patcher will check if the Item ID is valid, so to update that you just have to click on something that isn't the Item ID input. If it says "GOOD", then you can now perform a scan. When there it shows you 2 columns: a blue one and a red one. The contents of the blue one has the attributes of the item itself, including the value (Although TT2 is not yet up-to-date with all of the 1.4 items but they're still there nonetheless). The red one contains the attributes the item is not meant to possess in vanilla Terraria. You can change the values by putting a number (or true/false depending on the data type) to change the attribute (If you don't know what attributes are or you don't memorize them, then you can also search the web for that, stuff like what it does, what items have it, etc.) Before moving on you also need to tick the "modify to" box in order to make the program do those changes in the first place. If you have some changes in the red column, then just scroll down and tick the "Forcefully Apply Invalid Attributes" box.

WARNING: Playing with attributes in the red column can rarely make Terraria crash before it even boots. Should it happen you should know you're still ok, a pop-up will appear saying something went wrong and from there you can just abort the patching, everything reverts back to its original state. This only happens if you apply attributes that are totally not for the item (i.e. Making potions as an accessory [not sure about that but you get the example])

The complexity may scare you a bit, but the nervousness wears off if you regularly use it

Thanks!

The Pirate's Curse NPC needs to be added to the darwin tool. Additionally, the option to remove the explosion proofness of meteorite that was added would be greatly appreciated as well. Early game meteorite is a pain as it is without being unable to quickly mine it anymore because of absurd changes like this. Especially in master mode where hordes of meteor heads can kill you very quickly, meaning if a meteor lands in an already inconvenient spot like near corruption chasms it can be EXTREMELY hard to dig them out now. Also, if possible, can you make it where the moon lord's death beam and the saucer boss no longer penetrate blocks like it used to be? These attacks are stupidly damaging and powerful as it is without having absolutely zero defense against them other than dodging stuff, which can be really hard if you are already swarmed with enemies in the martian invasion or swarmed with projectiles from moon lord etc.

So the luck cap is 1 or something, even if we use tweaker to set it to 999 it doesnt seem to make drops drop like crazy or rare enemies to spawn like crazy. can you remove that cap?

Oh gosh, Apologies for mislabelling. I don't know what made me think that it was on July 19 even when I saw the actual date.

Already fixed my error on that post, oof.

Last edited:
When someone plays with multiple players the boss health scales with the amount of players. can you make something so it doesnt?

Hey @TiberiumFusion ! I wanted to post some suggestions but knowing that the continuous bombardment of my suggestions will repeatedly disrupt your time, I thought I would organize and compile the ideas for more efficient reading. I mainly categorized the suggestions to 5 sets; the main 4 categories in TT2 + 2 from TTApplicator and TT2. I also have a 1-10 effort rating system that estimates the effort needed to finish it, estimated in updates (1 - probably will take 5-30 minutes for a hotfix, 3 - Will take 6 hours to a full day for medium update, 5 - May take a week or 3, 10 - probably a major update that may take a month/s). I also color-coded + sorted them to see how much it is of a stretch just to make it work (goes Red-Orange-Yellow-Y.Green-Green, ranges Hard-Easy respectively).

Note: I'm not sure if other people had already suggested this, or if you're already working on it. Apologies for not making this sure, probably will in the next batch of suggestions.
EDIT: In contrast to your previous replies, I don't really expect most of these tweaks to reach the 5th-anniversary update because of the sheer time needed if they were ever considered, and I personally think they would be more fitting in the succeeding updates (Or all in one medium-major update OwO).

This may look like it took more effort to organize rather to just show the dang suggestions but I'm planning to make this a potential format for future batches of suggestions (You can tell me If you're not comfortable with it)

ACCESSORY:

(2) More Specific virtual accessories - One of the only things I see in the Virtual Accessories tweak is the fully upgraded versions, but sometimes there are accessories that I don't want to be equipped but with no choice. A suggestion to fixing the problem of having the same variants of an accessory (i.e. tiger climbing gear + shoe spikes) is to make an editing portion/subset (Idk what is it exactly called) to optionally toggle some of the base accessories, or to just toggle the final product.

(1.8) Accessory Uber upgrade - Just like the Omnipatcher's Uber upgrades, I think having to modify special attributes of accessories would be awesome, with the end-user also having the capability to improve or lessen the effects of a certain attribute of an accessory.

MISCELLANEOUS TWEAKS:

(2) Toggle Armour Sets - Could be added in the superpower tweak, was thinking if it was expanded with all of the set bonuses compared to only crimson + palladium healing.

(2.2) Nurse NPC price override - In the 1.4 update, they made the nurse increase healing prices by game progression, so I thought of what if you could override it all to a singular value (For the sake of simplicity), If you want to take it to the next tier, then you can probably kind of revert it to something like 1.3, where the price only increases the worse you got hurt.

(4) Modify Pet summon slots - I always wanted to have multiple pets at once! (You could remove the restriction of 1 slot, then implement them for manually summoning the pets and not equipping them bc I think it can break the whole thing [It's easy to dismiss them with a right-click to their corresponding buffs anyways])

(2) Modify Statue spawning cooldown + restrictions - I was also thinking if you could remove the 'cooldown' of the statues spawning their respective NPC's + removing restrictions of disabling statue spawning (i.e statue spawn will not work if spawned NPC is nearby a tile radius).

(2.5) Modify chances/requirements for a meteorite landing - You could make it so that there are two factors that it could use - (1) The probability of a meteor landing per tick (2) frequency of when the game attempts to spawn another meteor (so that if no. 1 is set to 100% per tick it wouldn't just spawn meteors per tick, like a cooldown [not sure if some mechanic like this {no. 2} have already been implemented in vanilla terraria]). You could also modify the requirements of a meteor landing. Maybe change it to breaking a crimson heart/shadow orb, maybe even having a meteorite landing the moment you enter a fresh world (Pairs well with the pickaxe/hammer requirement suggestion to the Omnipatcher freestyle tweak)

(2) Modify Vendor products + price - It may be possible to change/add the items a specific vendor can sell (maybe it looks like scanning prefixes in the freestyle tweak). What I originally thought could work is that the end-user would input the item id, then edit the price, similar to the interface of the starting items tweak except you first have to choose the vendor NPC to modify.

(3) Unlock all vendor items - What if you could make vendor NPC's sell everything they could without reaching certain requirements (i.e Witch Doctor sells leaf wings upon spawn). The initial idea for pulling it off is to make the game think you have already fulfilled all of the requirements to sell a specific item (Probably by simply overriding them [the reqs] or making a false-positive of the requirement fulfilling).

(3) Global change of flow for water/lava/honey - I thought of the lava flow speeding up in hell, and I thought it would probably be a convenience to modify the flow of liquids so you don't have to wait for them (Good for things like making hellevators or digging trenches) Regardless if you're in hell or otherwise (You could possibly quantify the flow to "Blocks per second" for the end-user). For the Water + Honey to do the same thing you can make only the lava have the feature, then make them inherit (Not in programming terms) those properties (There are other ways that I may not know that it can work). This may destroy the effects of water + honey and replace them with the function (again, not programming terms) of lava burning you, and if it does, then I'm ok with it to be only lava.

(9) Projectiles can pass through portals (By portal gun) - This is probably really hard and effort-full to pull off, and will require a time like the next major update after the anniversary one to be implemented. I got inspiration from a Reddit post saying to make golf balls utilize portals (Which is impractical because in vanilla terraria your velocity will be set to the default minimum speed when entering a portal if you are slower than the minimum. It requires a complete overhaul of the portals themselves for them to work like that, on top of having projectiles to also go through it).

(10) FPS Optimisation - This would disable multiple stuff like particle effects, loading chunks (still not completely sure if Terraria uses chunks though), pre-loading all journey items upon entering a world (It LAGS if you have too many items in the duplication menu), Atmospheric effects like if a blood moon, celestial pillar, or the moon lord is present, and probably a better lighting technique (Ok that's waaay stretched out).

OMNIPATCHER:

(DISCLAIMER: I know that in your previous reply you said that the whole omnipatcher/freestyle tweak is pretty wonky for vanilla terraria, and that all of these ideas in the category may not make it due to fundamental issues/ complete overhauling plans, and if such thing is true, then you could safely ignore the whole list in the category without replying bc I will understand why without you having to explain, but if you have something else/more to say in mind, then I'm not hindering you :) ).

(8-9) More Attributes - This was supposed to be a lot of separate suggestions, but I've managed to group them up in this one big suggestion, and the way I'm gonna handle this is probably to one-by-one tell the attributes I'm more looking forward to if you can't manage to get all of them. (1) the 'Consumable' attribute is cool bc it can make blocks, potions, or ammo unlimited without assigning a new tweak. (2) I think the pickaxe/hammer power requirement can be changed, can be also modified for use with explosives. This can bring back a lot of things in 1.3 (i.e Meteorite + Hellstone can be blown up). I'm not sure if Terraria has made a value system to attributes like these, or they also have individually hard-coded them. Really good for adventure maps not having to force players into op pickaxes/drills just to mine something like temple blocks. (3) The Tooltip Attributes (from Tooltip 1 - 7) can be used to explain what was tweaked in-game removing the need to constantly memorize/know what did change. (4) In addition to the tooltip attributes, the name itself could be something awesome to toss in. (5) Value (How much will it sell). I'm talking about the base value because weapons/accessories can fluctuate prices bc of the prefixes. This can help to compensate for nerfed/buffed items to have that balanced feel. (6) I don't know about this, but changing the crafting recipe could also be nifty (something mildly interesting i just thought, not much of a need though but pretty cool). Along with all of these added attributes, it also feels kind of obligatory to add a Global tweak in contrast, but I'm gonna leave that to you.

(7-8) Projectile editor - I'm not shooting for a fully-fledged editor that can handle all of its attributes, but I was thinking if a handful of attributes could be added like making them friendly/hostile (Can or can't hurt players, vice versa for enemies), enabling them to be homing (Much of a stretch), acceleration, or the ability to pass through walls. I believe most of the attributes are hard-coded into individual projectiles in Terraria, so a complete reinvention needs to take place, that's also why I classified this to red.

DARWIN TOOL:

(2-4) "Mock" NPC ID - This may really look like a far stretch, but there are some attributes that are linked to only the NPC itself and not the ai (i.e granite golem and chaos elemental both use fighter ai, but can shield itself from attacks and teleport respectively), so what if the NPC id itself were to be changed for the modified npc? I personally think this itself requires a whole new system to make this work since Terraria does not accommodate for these situations.

(3) Modify drop rates - It could be added as an additional attribute in the 'modify any npc' tweak, where it would show what items it would drop and being able to override a value with it. I was thinking if you could get the data for the drops + drop rates from the bestiary, but that looks like a stretch in itself.

TTAPPLICATOR:
(2.5) "Test tweaklist" - This would add an option for TTApplicator to optionally test a tweaklist by pretending to load it without having to modify the assembly itself, and it can show some data like the failed tweak errors so that people don't have to load a tweaklist just to see if there was anything wrong, kind of a quick bypass solution to the relicSpawn thingy I brought up 1-2 days ago.

TT2:
(1.6) Automatically make backup files on save - this could be a godsend to when stuff gets accidentally lost, and it could probably work identically to how terraria backs-up worlds (Validating the file after save then backing it up). Oh, and an autosave would probably be nice, but not really needed atm.

(1.8-2) Concept of "Modules" - The concept can group together multiple tweaks in different categories (Probably can be classified by stickers like in the tweaklists tab), and then enable/disable all of them in one single click! Could be helpful for making new gamemodes that will eliminate the need to memorize certain tweaks and also enabling/disabling all of them without the need to find them through scrolling. The "Modules" could have a summary/quick edit above all the tweak categories for quick recognition for current users as well as to introduce new ones into the concept. The summary could provide a sneak peek of the tweaks included in a module, and could provide a shortcut to individually editing the included tweaks without scrolling there.

Let me know what you think of this format! (shortcomings, pros, stuff like that)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom