• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Tool [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA! (1.4 compatible!)

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Thank you for your job! TT is amazing tool!
Any chance for homing bullets / projectiles?
Homing bullets has been requested before and I'd like to get that done at some point. The plugin system is coming soon, so my current plan is to create homing bullets using the plugin system as an helpful example. The kind of patch necessary to achieve homing bullets is not simple, so it could be a good reference for how to write a just-above-basic-difficulty plugin.

Duskuro

Terrarian
"Hm, well, isn't what you said is exactly how the zapinator already functions? There's no need to create functionality that already exists. "
zapinator does it at random, I'd like it to be changed to guaranteed :p

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
"Hm, well, isn't what you said is exactly how the zapinator already functions? There's no need to create functionality that already exists. "
zapinator does it at random, I'd like it to be changed to guaranteed :p
When the plugin system releases, you could create a plugin to achieve that.

Blitztein

Terrarian
Hey @TiberiumFusion , any chances of having a tweak to make imbued buffs stack?

EDIT: Is there also any way to remove the max mana limit (capped to 400, regardless of buffs or robes) in the next update/s?

Last edited:

Blitztein

Terrarian
Hey, how do you use this with Tmodloader?
It doesn't necessarily conflict with the mods, except for the non-vanilla items TT2 is not designed for. You should also be using TT2 that is compatible with terraria 1.3 (I think it's there in the OP)

You just have to use Tmodloader as the "Terraria.exe" and then launch it with your tweaks

(Fellow Tweaker Here)

Blitztein

Terrarian
I found another gem. (Not sure if someone already discovered this)

One of my tweaks included the "Modify NPC Happiness" tweak, and I just set it to be disabled (always set to 100%?). While testing my tweaks, I came to see the happiness of my NPC's, then I saw that everyone's dialog is modified telling something about an unseen force forcing them to make their prices cheap while mentioning "Terraria Tweaker 2", with some identifying it as a supplier, a force, or just thanking it. I would like to show every NPC's dialog (I have to say, @TiberiumFusion really nailed the personalities, nice!), but there may be some that don't want to be spoiled, so I covered the dialogs in spoilers, enjoy.

Angler.PNG
Gun.PNG
Cyborg.PNG
Demolitionist.PNG
Dryad.PNG
Dye Trader.PNG
Goblin.PNG
Golfer.PNG
Guide.PNG
Mechanic.PNG
Merchant.PNG
Nurse.PNG
Painter.PNG
Party Girl.PNG
Pirate.PNG
Steampunker.PNG
Tavernkeep.PNG
Truffle.PNG
Witch Doctor.PNG
Wizard.PNG
Zoologist.PNG

Attachments

Blitztein

Terrarian
@HUMAN21

When i try to boot it up, it says, "how do you want to open this file?" which should I choose?
>> Not sure about that bud, are you sure you have the necessary prerequisites like vcredist downloaded? If you do, I'm not sure how to pinpoint the problem. Best bet is to wait for @TiberiumFusion , the sole developer.

also it says, "Another program is currently using this file."
>> This is a bit normal (has a tendency to open two windows of it, and bc its not supposed to, both get annihilated) just boot it again

and stupid norton keeps deleting it
>> Either disable your antivirus or try to make a program exception of it. TT2 attempts to modify external files like terraria itself in order to patch and that's how it got Norton thinking it's a virus

Some of these errors you have received have already been addressed in the OP, so if you have more problems with it, then you should first check there.

(Fellow Tweaker Here)

Last edited:

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
When i try to boot it up, it says, "how do you want to open this file?" which should I choose?
What file are you trying to open? To start Terraria Tweaker 2, you should run Terraria Tweaker 2.exe. If you get the Open As prompt with .exe files, then something is seriously messed up on your computer.
and stupid norton keeps deleting it
Open Norton, go to Settings, go to the Antivirus section, then scroll down to the Exclusions list and add an exclusion for the folder where you are trying to download or Terraria Tweaker 2. Then add an exclusion to the folder where you installed it (if using the installer) or where you extracted it (if using the standalone zip).

buff duration multiplicator - x5
That looks like it covers just about everything. When I get back to creating new tweaks (after the anniversary update releases on July 12th), I'll probably create a global buff multiplier patch. It's been requested a few times now.

deltaone

Terrarian
What file are you trying to open? To start Terraria Tweaker 2, you should run Terraria Tweaker 2.exe. If you get the Open As prompt with .exe files, then something is seriously messed up on your computer.

Open Norton, go to Settings, go to the Antivirus section, then scroll down to the Exclusions list and add an exclusion for the folder where you are trying to download or Terraria Tweaker 2. Then add an exclusion to the folder where you installed it (if using the installer) or where you extracted it (if using the standalone zip).

That looks like it covers just about everything. When I get back to creating new tweaks (after the anniversary update releases on July 12th), I'll probably create a global buff multiplier patch. It's been requested a few times now.
look on
they have complete modding solution ...
mods created by attr's before functions, like

[PluginHook("Terraria.exe", "Terraria.Main", "Initialize", false)]
public static object OnInitialize(object rv, object obj, params object[] args)
{

glad if you use these approach

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
look on
they have complete modding solution ...
mods created by attr's before functions, like

[PluginHook("Terraria.exe", "Terraria.Main", "Initialize", false)]
public static object OnInitialize(object rv, object obj, params object[] args)
{

glad if you use these approach
Interesting, I'll have to take a look at that some day. As of now, I'm quite happy with my workflow. I use Harmony utility for dynamic patching and ILSpy for inspecting Terraria. Both are pretty feature-rich and have more than what I need.

deltaone

Terrarian
Interesting, I'll have to take a look at that some day. As of now, I'm quite happy with my workflow. I use Harmony utility for dynamic patching and ILSpy for inspecting Terraria. Both are pretty feature-rich and have more than what I need.
about Harmony - you can support both approach, for lazy modding (90% cases) use attr definition, for complex patching use harmony (or simplified dotNetMT\core\_mod.core\IL.cs ;)
try dnSpy, awesome tool, much better ILSpy

Top Bottom