THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
... As a suggestion i would love to see the ability to remove the global buffs limit. That limit should not exist in the game since the beginning.
I've looked into this and Player.maxBuffs is a constant that is propagated into at least 46 places in the code. It is the type of thing that is super easy for the developer to change, but would require many tiny patches with higher risk of problems compared to most other tweaks. Search for "< 22;" in the code. It is a high value tweak, so it might be implemented even with these risks. I think this can be done by any user by using plugins with the new Transpiler patch feature. I don't want to try making this right now because it could be broken in a hotfix and I don't want to have to maintain it. I would say try to ask someone else who wants the feature to make a plugin for this, but they probably need to make 46 transpiler patches, and that is too much to ask for unless they also really want that feature.

I think it is just over 50 places. There is an independent buff limit for NPCs and that code won't need to be patched. I am more optimistic on the time required, but those estimates could be correct.

An additional problem here that I overlooked in my last post is that buffs are saved in the player's savefile. If the limit is increased, buffs over 22 will be lost when saving the game! Fixing that would break save compatibility with the base game.

Thanks for the response. I guess i'll have to look into Plugins API once the stable version of TT comes out.

I keep trying to launch the tweak list, but terraria doesn't launch. I keep trying to manually launch it through steam steam says "stop" for abit then play button again apears

even with 4 tweaks active, it still does the same

Last edited:
this is amazing its so easy to use even my brother figured it out with no help and it is definitely my brother-proof because my brother is very good at ruining applictaions ive used this to help thousands of people that play terraia on pc.

this is amazing its so easy to use even my brother figured it out with no help and it is definitely my brother-proof because my brother is very good at ruining applictaions ive used this to help thousands of people that play terraia on pc.
sorry about my grammar im very tired it is late for me.

tt2 seems buggy for a lot of people and when i open a tweak list with no tweaks the music bug happens and if i try to get on a singleplayer world the game will crash but when i joined a server i got in just fine so i think 1.4.1.1 and the update for tt2 broke the program because when i updated and went on my tweak list i use the game would crash on startup so when all the bugs get fixed in the program update tt2 so it works again. 👍

I made a patch that helps with music issues. You could use TT2 with it. I made a direct patch because I don't understand how TT2 interacts with the loading process or memory and I wanted to isolate the problem as much as possible.

[Patch Post Link]
[Detailed explanation of how the patch works or how to make your own]

I won't do any more audio fixes because the next hotfix should solve these issues and will also break my patches.

Last edited:
So does the /npc command accept the negative ids for NPCs such as Pinky (-4) or the various variant NPCs? The notes said 0-9 and I'm not sure if that includes "-" or not.

I keep trying to launch the tweak list, but terraria doesn't launch. I keep trying to manually launch it through steam steam says "stop" for abit then play button again apears

even with 4 tweaks active, it still does the same
Did you try doing a permanent patch? Right click on the tweak list>Advanced and press the only button that appears, an exe will be generated on your desktop, replace Terraria.exe with that one and rename it to also be Terraria.exe
You can always verify game files or just keep the original terraria to replace later if you don't want to use the patches

Looks like the 1.4.1.2 update broke quite a bit of stuff for most, if not all of the modded community. Just gonna have to wait for fixes to roll out, I guess.

hey i like tweaker but tweaker is broken because 1.4.1.2 when comes new version?
My previous comment is still valid.
@TiberiumFusion's biggest problem with updating is knowing exactly what is broken. Just saying it doesn't work is stress inducing and not very helpful.

There are now multiple mentions of crashing in this thread but not a single mention of a specific Tweak that causes a crash.

Please take the time to enable the mods one at a time and identify exactly which are broken if you want fixes. If you want to speed things up disable about half of your tweaks at a time till it works, then start adding back the remaining mods half at a time. You can copy your tweak list before going through this process so you don't lose your settings.

If you have identified a specific tweak that is broken and you can't live without, you can coordinate with other TT2 users here to make a plugin substitute to hold you over.

Is it possible to create the "piercing fix mod" as a plugin?

EDIT: Or even include a tweak for it in the next update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom